Autopsy Review 2022 R4, v. Melbourne (The most sackable game in AFL history?)

Remove this Banner Ad

What??? You’re either a good coach or you’re not and he’s failing dismally.

I think he’s referring to a decade ago when he dominated the SANFL with Norwood, utilising a brand of dour, defensive football that would’ve made Arrigo Sacchi and Ross Lyon blush.

To be fair, I disagree with this.

Tonight was very competitive.

The commentators were in a circle jerk about Melbourne but completely glossed over the fact that for probably 3 quarters we were the team that was controlling field position. We stifled them out of the middle and generally held up defensively quite well.

The thing is our forward system is non existent. All the hard work of the rest of the side was completely fruitless.

You inject some system into that forward half and the result would've been far more even, as it should've been on the balance of play.

If you can't score and (most of the time) you can't defend, the basic elements of the game, then no matter how competitive we were, how hard we worked and how well our midfield systems held up, the scoreboard is always going to be embarrassing.

The coach needs to go. We need to change this up, we're completely out of ideas for our system and it's going to start destroying the confidence and development of our kids.
Completely agree. We held up well, but it was the same story in the Hawthorn game -our forward line are killing us. While the defence continues to fight, scratch, lock it in and move it forward our forward line looks stunned and rudderless.

And this is why Ken will keep his job when we have supporters like this:

454fe6f2e439476e7714e4b840281587.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Man that sucked to watch, more boring than anything else, but didn’t hurt anywhere near as much as last week. I think last week broke me and my expectations have completely changed.

I actually started looking at the positives, which is so unlike me after a loss. It feels like I’m
back in 2011. I thought defensively we were pretty good tonight. Particularly Bergman & clurey their first games back and the skipper battled his arse off. Suddenly the defence doesn’t look as much of an issue without a hopeless Skinner and one legged McKenzie.

The mids probably did okay all things considered, no wines, versus their star studded midfield.

So we improved in defence, which has been a huge issue for us leaking goals but the dysfunctional forward line actually got worse. Admittedly, the defence we were up against was a massive step up from previous oppo but we just had no forward structure at all. Seems to be so much confusion, it was a complete mess tonight. At one point I was worried we’d never score a goal.

A lot of talk about missing Dixon and it’s a huge loss but I think a lot are underestimating the importance of Robbie Gray and Fantasia too. I know a lot of people think he Robbie is finished but he instantly makes our forward line more dangerous. He is old but he still oozes class, Take out McEntee/Mayes for gray and we probably kick at least 2 or 3 more goals tonight and it probably doesn’t look as bad. I would’ve played him.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Wow, I actually completely agree with you. I like the new optimistic, balanced Willsy. I think something that doesn’t get discussed is the fact that while Georgiardis is full of promise he doesn’t appear to be very bright. Gray back and possibly Farrell we’re a much better team.

There's absolutely no point in reviewing this game, or player performance for this week. We all knew it was going to happen, and Melbourne only played 60% of what they're capable of, and we played not to get belted, and still got belted.

That effort is symptomatic of a coach who has lost the players, and a chairman who accepts this crap and attacks the fans instead of holding the players and coach accountable for this crap. It's not changing until one or both of them are gone.

If serving up that embarrassment after two previous home embarrassments isn't enough to sack Ken tomorrow, then Koch must go with him. No amount of rosey emails and other bullshit will change it. This rot needs to stop now.

Bingo !

In his presser the predictable happened again Rooch hogged the first few Q's to set the agenda so to speak.

Were missing players a factor?

Were clangers a factor?

Ken goes on to say "at the moment we're hanging in there" :oops:. Sheesh here I was thinking we were owen 4 and tonight scored our 1st goal

late in the 3rd qtr. So hanging in there according to him yet to me we're falling off a cliff. Asked about disillusioned fans he plays the victim :mad:

and his solution? Wait for it... yep you guessed it... work harder. Weirdly old mate was almost upbeat. Asked that at 0-4 whether he was optimistic?

"absolutely... yeah why not" he says. If I could have the opportunity i'd laugh in your face moite.

You know what's screwed up? I thought I was actually being a bit harsh on Rozee and a bit hyperbolic at times with my criticism of him, but he's actually way worse than I was even saying he was. It's almost sad at this point.
He'll turn it around with another coach. Confident

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A Port fan told me tonight that Ken won't be going anywhere until round 17 at the earliest. My blunt reply was, "If that's the case, we'll be seeing crowds of 3000 at our home games, and 2000 of those will be supporting the opposition."
You make a good point.

Will the club let it go until we have very low attendances, possible loss of sponsoship and not being able to lure new sponsors, this will hurt the club even more.

If it gets any worse attracting a new coach will be even harder and we don't want the last man standing hey. ;)

It will also make good players think twice before coming to Port.

The club has to make the call NOW before more damage is done and while Clarkson and Buckley are available.

If you drive a car with engine damage it will only get worse and leed to total failure and more expense. SACK HINKLEY ASAP.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Review 2022 R4, v. Melbourne (The most sackable game in AFL history?)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back