Review REVIEW GWS vs DOGS YES WE ARE IN THE ******* GRAND FINAL! YOU ******* BEAUTY

Remove this Banner Ad

I would like to thank Gary Dempsey and the Footscray Bulldogs of 1976 who got me addicted to this footy team. I never would have thought that on that Saturday afternoon on April 3, 1976 when we lost to the Bombers by one point, that 40 years later I would be so in love with the Bulldogs that I'd fly 10000 miles to see them play in a Grand Final.

I'm walking on air...

Has it dawned on anyone yet...oh shit we're in the GF...what do we do now... isn't there some kind of parade too?
I had to google what day the parade is. I've never even taken notice of it before.

in nick hornby's 'fever pitch' he says a lot of people think a team's success is like a stone in a pond - where the feeling is strongest with the players and weakens to the fans. You know how people say 'why do you care so much? you just watched, you didn't play. '

As he says, this is bullshit.

Supporters - particularly us, particularly us old ones - deserve it more than the players. We've earnt it more than they have. They come and go. We stay. We do the work. We earnt it.

Good on all of us !!!!!!

Im still in shock...
Tears keep coming and its great to feel the love on the board
Will post later when it sinks in all I wanted to say was GO DOGGIES!! 1 MORE TO GO!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks for reminding me why AFL is the best game in the world, I feel like I have got my love for the game back after tonight.
I thought Tom Boyd was outstanding tonight, I have been his harshest critic but boy did he prove me wrong !!.
Congratulations once again enjoy the VFL tomorrow and then this week will be the best thing you will ever experience in your life. Go Doggies !!!.

I would like to thank Gary Dempsey and the Footscray Bulldogs of 1976 who got me addicted to this footy team. I never would have thought that on that Saturday afternoon on April 3, 1976 when we lost to the Bombers by one point, that 40 years later I would be so in love with the Bulldogs that I'd fly 10000 miles to see them play in a Grand Final.

I'm walking on air...

Who could it be? Believe it or not, Bontempelli!

Congratulations boys, that was an amazing victory full of grit and class in every way you can think of. I didn't think you guys would win the GF because I didn't think you'd get past GWS, but I knew that if you could some how topple them that I'd back you guys in agienst Sydney or Geelong, and obviously as it turns out it is Sydney. Good luck for next week, soak it all up.

I'm walking on air...

Chicago my man, it's people like you that I am really happy for, those who have been around for almost the whole 55 years.
You are the real everyday heroes, supporting the team through the good times and the bad, in your case while being overseas looking after relatives in recent times!

You guys deserve this.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review REVIEW GWS vs DOGS YES WE ARE IN THE ******* GRAND FINAL! YOU ******* BEAUTY

Remove this Banner Ad

Back