Club Legend
Suspended
Aug 15, 2009
Earth
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
new orleans hornets
An off season delight has been rexona's greatest athlete. I checked out the site to see if there will be a new season, no news in that department. Anyone have a clue if this will be continuing? i would love to see an AFL player take down billy slater(winner 2 years in a row).

Is that the show which had a couple of NRL players and a few VFL players pitted against a couple of suburban soccer player claiming to be able to find our greatest Athlete?

• Banned
Is that the show which had a couple of NRL players and a few VFL players pitted against a couple of suburban soccer player claiming to be able to find our greatest Athlete?

no, 1 AFL player, 1 NRL player(two last year as champion continues, slater and sailor so far.), 1 soccer player (A-League, jason culina), 1 iron man, 1 race car driver(craig lowndes in 2009), 1 union player(james o conner), 1 swimmer(matt mitcham).

so far deledio in the first season couldn't beat slater and neither could ling in the second season. i would like this show to conitnue obviously

Found this on their facebook page -

Rexona Australia's Greatest Athlete We want to hear from you! Have your say and be part of shaping the third series by clicking the link below and completing our survey. Your feedback is very much appreciated.

http://www.facebook.com/rexonamen

So they be planning a 3rd series...... trying to think when it was on tv last, maybe April?? So they might still be a bit off from filming.

Ling representing the AFL was a joke.

I'd love to see an AFL edition of Greatest Athlete. I reckon Cross, Boyd, Picken and Williams would do well for the Bulldogs.

Yep, if Ling was the best athlete they could get from the AFL than they should give up!!

On second thoughts, I don't think Cross would be that great. He'd be a good chance of coming last in the AFL challenge, giving twenty points to the competitors who beat him. I can't imagine him getting any more than fifteen reps in the bench press either.

I reckon Fevola would do very well. Obviously Ablett too.

It would be interesting to see how Heath Shaw and Brock McLean would go in the vehicle challenges. They'd be doing burnouts and crashing into obstacles every ten seconds.

• Banned
Yep, if Ling was the best athlete they could get from the AFL than they should give up!!

yeah it was shocking, they didn't select very wisely did they!

Found this on their facebook page -

Rexona Australia's Greatest Athlete We want to hear from you! Have your say and be part of shaping the third series by clicking the link below and completing our survey. Your feedback is very much appreciated.

http://www.facebook.com/rexonamen

So they be planning a 3rd series...... trying to think when it was on tv last, maybe April?? So they might still be a bit off from filming.

thats a good thing, despite who they pick from each sport category, its still something to look forward to. just hope they provide one of the better AFL athletes this time , i would suggest maybe natanui or reiwoldt, nick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ablett, Judd, Deledio again, N Riewoldt, Brennan would be my picks of the AFL guys.

deledio actually beat slater in the bench press, if i remember correctly he beat everyone. its not like slater won every single event, but he won most of them or came second/third in the rest. i also suggest they pick a player from the NRL that isn't retired, picking sailor was just silly. time they pick athletes who will properly challenge slater this year.

They should run a mini comp on Grand Final day including the sprint to qualify for the show. At least then players might take the sprint etc seriously if they want to get on telly!

deledio actually beat slater in the bench press, if i remember correctly he beat everyone. its not like slater won every single event, but he won most of them or came second/third in the rest. i also suggest they pick a player from the NRL that isn't retired, picking sailor was just silly. time they pick athletes who will properly challenge slater this year.
Wasn't the bench press based on weight, most reps of 2/3 body weight or something like that?

Because the lighter guys dominate when it comes to stuff like that.

I'd like to see Brennan do it. Strikes me as the kind of guy that would just dominate any sport.

From my team I'd pick Pendles. Would obviously dominate BBall and Footy and is a pretty decent runner (not sure what the events are). Also strikes me as someone with fantastic hand eye co-ordination

Wasn't the bench press based on weight, most reps of 2/3 body weight or something like that?

Because the lighter guys dominate when it comes to stuff like that.

yep, you are right. depended on body weight what they lifted, not sure exactly how but none of them lifted the same weight.

time they pick athletes who will properly challenge slater this year.
They did last season. Shannon Eckstein was a whisker away from beating him. It went right down to the final event.

Slater 1415
Eckstein 1410

Third was O'Connor on 1055.

yep, you are right. depended on body weight what they lifted, not sure exactly how but none of them lifted the same weight.
It is 75% of your body weight.

Interesting that Slater only won three events last year. If you didn't receive double points for the multi-sport challenge, then Slater would have finished as the runner-up.

My nomination would be Buddy. Big, strong, very athletic, a bit of arrogance and surely he'd be good at a variety of physical activities.

From the Bulldogs I think the show would suit Cooney. Pretty athletic, and the right personailty to make the show entertaining and have fun. Easton Wood would also be a good candidate, he's very athletic and has had success in other sports.

From us I'd pick Ibbotson. Was in the GF sprint and came midway. Is apparently an elite middle distance runner, and has a background in water polo so must do alright in the pool.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rexona Greatest Athlete

Remove this Banner Ad

Back