• Andrew McQualter

Votes: 87 37.8%
  • Adem Yze

Votes: 146 63.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Folks settle down as we beat GWS without their two key players. Yes we have injuries, but both sides were as equally as bad as each other. Our midfield was horrendous apart from TT and we were really lucky to win as they had so many inside fifties. Let’s see what happens by round 22 before we firmly place Minibus into the throne. I’ve seen nothing new that excites me after two weeks, but the same issues.
I’m not looking at immediate performance I’m looking at how he Carrys himself and how the team responds , our onfield work is at the mercy of who we have out there , as clarko has proven there’s fa you can do without the right cattle . 12w is ample time for us to realize if he can cut it or not , now it’s over to mini

as i said, i like him and he's highly regarded. but the success long-term of stand-in coaches isn't good. hard act to follow too.
Good luck to anyone following Dimma, but the numbers on successful retread coaches is Mick Malthouse in the last 30 years. Leppa etc, forget them.

as i said, i like him and he's highly regarded. but the success long-term of stand-in coaches isn't good. hard act to follow too.
How many of the stand in coaches where triple premiership assistants , near 100% were a moving part in a failed regime so naturally they’d be a poor appointment

I’m not looking at immediate performance I’m looking at how he Carrys himself and how the team responds , our onfield work is at the mercy of who we have out there , as clarko has proven there’s fa you can do without the right cattle . 12w is ample time for us to realize if he can cut it or not , now it’s over to mini
Thood for Fort Bo 😂 what do you think the club will do if minibus gets us into the finals?

Thood for Fort Bo 😂 what do you think the club will do if minibus gets us into the finals?
All I’m saying is I feel the next 12 w is a genuine road test , off to a good start imho , he sees the game well and has buy in ,,,I see a min of 6+ wins for the taking we ll be close and it will only enhance his prospects, nice challenge sat night

Same issues, but again, we pushed the form team of the comp and won at a venue we haven't won at since 2014. Only the week before GWS beat Geelong at GMHBA stadium. They aren't playing that badly.

The same trash game that won 3 flags and had us in finals as late as last year. Ok.
lol Think we beat Geesook and we are traveling brilliantly. Yeah, the same gameplan that we don't have the ability to master again due to some decision-makers, went off it to start our handball movement I get it.

Win against Freo in WA and that will be very good for his prospects though. Winning away is a tough gig.
It's not about winning it's about changing things around looking at a style that suits the players you have. Losing say by 30 points and making something happen even if you lose rather than looking at the best team in the comp for 1 quarter and plodding along the other 3 hoping we hang on like last game.
Morris takes Bauer from where he was playing a really good game and the guy wins the game, they are the things that are looked upon in resumes, not we led by 30 points but lost by 2 points.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lol Think we beat Geesook and we are traveling brilliantly. Yeah, the same gameplan that we don't have the ability to master again due to some decision-makers, went off it to start our handball movement I get it.
Where have i said we are travelling brilliantly? I guess it's just unfortunate for you that you don't rate Port (2nd on the ladder), Geelong (currently in the 8) or the team that just rolled them with a coach who hasn't't even had the job for 2 weeks. And it's also unfortunate that us winning makes you mad.

Where have i said we are travelling brilliantly? I guess it's just unfortunate for you that you don't rate Port (2nd on the ladder), Geelong (currently in the 8) or the team that just rolled them with a coach who hasn't't even had the job for 2 weeks. And it's also unfortunate that us winning makes you mad.
It's not rating even with dima coaching we beat top teams or lost close ones to them. Remember coming from 40 points down vs Geelong last season hit the front only to lose by a point? Do you also remember what happened vs North f north? I'm not mad cause we fn won dude I'm just been realistic with the squad age-wise and recruiting-wise. The fact we beat Geelong who have lost 6 themselves and beat a team one position behind us doesn't do much confidence for the future. The squad is a big factor for me coaching not so much as whoever gets the gig is going to be in for a ride.

It's not rating even with dima coaching we beat top teams or lost close ones to them. Remember coming from 40 points down vs Geelong last season hit the front only to lose by a point? Do you also remember what happened vs North f north? I'm not mad cause we fn won dude I'm just been realistic with the squad age-wise and recruiting-wise. The fact we beat Geelong who have lost 6 themselves and beat a team one position behind us doesn't do much confidence for the future. The squad is a big factor for me coaching not so much as whoever gets the gig is going to be in for a ride.
Every man and their dog new we knew we were rebuilding on the run from last year. They even said it. It's why we have been going to the draft since we bought Lynch over. Let me know what the squad age looks like once you retire Jack, Cotchin and Tarrant off, then the year after add Grimes and possibly Dusty. Our next serious tilt won't start until 2025 minimum. This is what rebuilding looks like while you get games into Hugo, Balta, Ross, Ryan, Sonsie, Cumbo etc etc. I think a few people have forgotten what it looks like.
Unlike you i am optimistic about the age list profile. But, i am also patent enough to understand the next couple of years, we are gonna drop back a bit. Doesn't matter whose coaching.

Every man and their dog new we knew we were rebuilding on the run from last year. They even said it. It's why we have been going to the draft since we bought Lynch over. Let me know what the squad age looks like once you retire Jack, Cotchin and Tarrant off, then the year after add Grimes and possibly Dusty. Our next serious tilt won't start until 2025 minimum. This is what rebuilding looks like while you get games into Hugo, Balta, Ross, Ryan, Sonsie, Cumbo etc etc. I think a few people have forgotten what it looks like.
Unlike you i am optimistic about the age list profile. But, i am also patent enough to understand the next couple of years, we are gonna drop back a bit. Doesn't matter whose coaching.
Nailed it. But but but but the losses won’t somebody think about the losses

I said the same thing to my brother the other day and his comeback was that was in the old days. 😆
Well if you wanted to go back there was plenty , one guess where
melb hall of fame coach checker Hughes came from
Blues premierships coach Percy Bentley came from
I think in the olden days clubs would rarely put on rookie coaches , these days with a proper pathway more common plus the job is harder , I worry that the long termers are clapped out , eg clarko

Well if you wanted to go back there was plenty , one guess where
melb hall of fame coach checker Hughes came from
Blues premierships coach Percy Bentley came from
I think in the olden days clubs would rarely put on rookie coaches , these days with a proper pathway more common plus the job is harder , I worry that the long termers are clapped out , eg clarko
Agree...
I also think the modern game of footy is in a constant state of evolution...growth...size...cost...player squads/development...assistant coaches...etc...and what one coach could control/coach and direct back in the original VFL days is now currently overwhelming for just one lone individual in these newer AFL days...hence the real danger of "burn out" and insidious creeping "clappticism"!
The question that needs to be asked now is...whether the role of coaching has changed or is changing or has changed?!?
Whether modern "coaches" are now regarded as managers of a team or are the sole coach of a team?!
If a Club requires a managerial coach, with hands on guidance of various footy departments...ala assistant coaches, strategy, recruitment, tactics, communication, personal study, able to successfully liaison with Admin/Staff/coteries/public/media/membership/AFL...etc...then obviously this chosen coach would then need to have good communication and people skills, and not be afraid to be managerial and delegate responsibility! That is a lot of non coaching stuff the managerial type coach would have to deal with...time/energy distracting...he would need good assistant coaches to bear some of the heat of coaching.
Does this now leave room for an old fashion coach solely responsible for the Team's coaching?!?
I know which one I would rather get! Managerial is the sign of the times for our younger players! And maybe the old fashion Ron Barassi in your face coaching is long gone!
So...a young coach V an older more experienced coach?!?
A Dimma V say a Craig Bellamy with 21 years of experience?!? V say a Wayne Bennett with 36 years of experience?! All well respected coaches!
A Dimma V a Brad Scott...heaps of AFL experience...articulate, intelligent, experienced and some would say...the smartest man in the room...
Or maybe someone from out of left field...who has assisted in coaching under a 3 times G.F. winner?!? Would be totally familiar with the running of the coaching Dept at RFC and would fit in seamlessly?!? An AFL assistant coach who has already demonstrated his ability to articulate his coaching awareness successfully to the medias cameras! A young nascent coach that would only need to be surrounded with quality assistant coaches...plus a Balmey!

Agree...
I also think the modern game of footy is in a constant state of evolution...growth...size...cost...player squads/development...assistant coaches...etc...and what one coach could control/coach and direct back in the original VFL days is now currently overwhelming for just one lone individual in these newer AFL days...hence the real danger of "burn out" and insidious creeping "clappticism"!
The question that needs to be asked now is...whether the role of coaching has changed or is changing or has changed?!?
Whether modern "coaches" are now regarded as managers of a team or are the sole coach of a team?!
If a Club requires a managerial coach, with hands on guidance of various footy departments...ala assistant coaches, strategy, recruitment, tactics, communication, personal study, able to successfully liaison with Admin/Staff/coteries/public/media/membership/AFL...etc...then obviously this chosen coach would then need to have good communication and people skills, and not be afraid to be managerial and delegate responsibility! That is a lot of non coaching stuff the managerial type coach would have to deal with...time/energy distracting...he would need good assistant coaches to bear some of the heat of coaching.
Does this now leave room for an old fashion coach solely responsible for the Team's coaching?!?
I know which one I would rather get! Managerial is the sign of the times for our younger players! And maybe the old fashion Ron Barassi in your face coaching is long gone!
A Dimma V say a Craig Bellamy with 21 years of experience?!? V say a Wayne Bennett with 36 years of experience?! All well respected coaches!
A Dimma V a Brad Scott...heaps of AFL experience...articulate, intelligent, experienced and some would say...the smartest man in the room...
Or maybe someone from out of left field...who has assisted in coaching under a 3 times G.F. winner?!? Would be totally familiar with the running of the coaching Dept at RFC and would fit in seamlessly?!? An AFL assistant coach who has already demonstrated his ability to articulate his coaching awareness successfully to the medias cameras! A young nascent coach that would only need to be surrounded with quality assistant coaches...plus a Balmey!
Def the modern coach with the challenge of leading 45 men is very much a managerial leadership position , tactical input comes from qty assistants and their Own background too
This will be the governing req for our new coach coz we’re a progressive club
Those that bang on about the likes of caracella coz of that one time at band camp they attributed this canny move coz he was in charge of midfield , lmao
Show me a man that can lead 45 men and I’ll show you a successful coach

Agree...
Great post. There is only one man capable of being all these things .....

Troy Chaplin

1686016230167.png
Here he is teaching young Trent how to mark a ball

Yeah, smashed it at St Kilda......
the point is he was a "retread" as you call them. many grand finals with the cats and two flags with the crows. could coach.

i’m not over keen on leppa either. i think he’s a one-out-one-back coach along the lines of bolton. but there’s not a huge array of available talent so he has to be in the mix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back