Richmond to take Cousins

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you sure that the players involved in the pre-season draft can be placed on the rookie list? I'm not sure about that otherwise other clubs would be involved in this draft that have a vacant rookie list spot. If Polak is placed on the long-term injury list, I'm sure that Richmond will only have one pick in the draft and will have to promote a player that is already on the rookie list to replace Polak.
Richmond would have an extra pick in the PSD to account for Polak.

Either way, Polak was not under the influence of anything. It was a freak accident. Just because the situation may have been avoidable doesn't mean it is treated any less lighter than a situation like Rama's.

I don't know where you are coming from. These things happy in everyday lives, and you'll get the odd time where it is a footballer. What is a football club left to do?

That's just my opinion, doesn't mean it's right or wrong or that's the way the AFL is going to vote.

Similar thing if a player seriously injures himself in the off-season and is out for 12 months. Either de-list them for a season or put them on the LTI list.

Accidents even though unintentional are controllable and avoidable in some way. Rama suffering cancer is in a completely different category.

They're making up all these rules just for Cousins in regards to drug testing.

Why not bend the rules to get him on a list too?

Are you sure that the players involved in the pre-season draft can be placed on the rookie list? I'm not sure about that otherwise other clubs would be involved in this draft that have a vacant rookie list spot. If Polak is placed on the long-term injury list, I'm sure that Richmond will only have one pick in the draft and will have to promote a player that is already on the rookie list.

Most of the young players eligible for the PSD are also eligible for the rookie list, except bottom aged pimply 17 year olds, and of course mature aged players above 22 or so. I'm sure whoever Richmond has their sights on (and they'd have a list of 5 or 6) with their PSD pick 6 would still be available with their first rookie pick.

So all they have to do is take Cousins with their PSD pick, then take the youngster with the rookie pick. The rookie is then free to be promoted as soon as Round 1, as Polak will be on the LTI list.

Sigh.

We all know that there's more to every story the herald sun prints. They either over-sensationalise or over-sanitise every story - it's like a special needs news paper/magazine.

"where there's smoke there's fire" is the same as adding two plus two and getting four. Not too bright.

Okay - so not every single detail of the night was published - congratulations on pointing that out - but for ****'s sake man - why do you feel the need to slander someone who's already suffered enough? What joy do you get out of that?
You think there was more to the night than initially thought?

Sigh.

We all know that there's more to every story the herald sun prints. They either over-sensationalise or over-sanitise every story - it's like a special needs news paper/magazine.

"where there's smoke there's fire" is the same as adding two plus two and getting four. Not too bright.

Okay - so not every single detail of the night was published - congratulations on pointing that out - but for ****'s sake man - why do you feel the need to slander someone who's already suffered enough? What joy do you get out of that?

Good post but slightly confusing with the whole "is the same as adding two plus two and getting four. Not too bright." thingo.

I have tried a calculator, fingers, an abacus, and even a spreadsheet and no matter how hard I try every time I add two plus two I keep getting four. Guess I'm not too bright.

I'd like you to answer my question.

In regards to yours, firstly, Polak's injury was not the cause of football.

Secondly, why should Richmond be dis-advantaged by having one less player on their senior list?

I think by right, the club should be able to have 40 fit players on their senior list at the start of the season.

Geelong have lost Egan for the season.
St Kilda lost Jarryd Allan for the season.
What should we do about their "disadvantage"?

Lets face it. This isn't about Richmond being disadvantaged. Its about Richmond using the unfortunate circumstances of Graham Polak to gain a benefit.

Its actually immoral when you think about it, isn't it?
And to see the Richmond supporters trying to justify it is just as bad.

I'd like you to answer my question.

In regards to yours, firstly, Polak's injury was not the cause of football.

Secondly, why should Richmond be dis-advantaged by having one less player on their senior list?

I think by right, the club should be able to have 40 fit players on their senior list at the start of the season.

Ok firstly, I dont see how a football injury is any less important than a non football injury. Injury is injury.

Secondly, all clubs want 40 fit players. Geelong included. But they dont always get what they want, and thats why there are lists of 40 in the first place.

To answer your question, no I did not agree with the Ramanaskus rookie listing. But I can see two major arguments that made Essendon's case a slightly stronger one than Richmonds - (1) Rama's illness was not self inflicted, and (2) Essendon gave a bit more than 3 days notice and did not apply after lists were closed.

Has she witnessed it?
Shes not even in australia now, so how could she know all that much about what happened to polak, and from what shes written it doesnt look like it

I wasn't in Mumbai a couple of weeks ago but I sure as hell know alot about what went on down there.

It's called the internet and media services doofus.
You're on it right now actually.

Good post but slightly confusing with the whole "is the same as adding two plau two and getting four. Not too bright." thingo.

I have tried a calculator, fingers, an abacus, and even a spreadsheet and no matter how hard I try every time I add two plus two I keep getting four. Guess I'm not too bright.

hahaha thanks mate - i started off with 1 + 1 equals four but then thought 2 + 2 was a more common version , didn't change the equals though.

Richmond would have an extra pick in the PSD to account for Polak.
Not if he is on the long term injury list they won't. Only if he is placed on the mature age rookie list.
Yes exactly. Which means Richmond would have 39 fit players on their senior list. How is that fair?
Other clubs have players that may not play next season as well. At least one club can't afford to have a full list either. How is that fair? Richmond don't have to keep Graham Polak on their list. It is their choice to do that. If he is placed on the long term injury list, then they can promote a player that is already on their rookie list. That player, plus the one they will recruit in the pre-season draft will make 40 players.
So all they have to do is take Cousins with their PSD pick, then take the youngster with the rookie pick. The rookie is then free to be promoted as soon as Round 1, as Polak will be on the LTI list.
Richmond will get two picks if Polak is placed on the mature age rookie list. They will only get one pick if he is placed on the long term injury list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hmmm love to see benny play. Not to sure about the logic of the list management.

Thats just like saying Freo shouldve been able to grab another player because Haselby went down.

Didnt he get 35 possies in his comeback game or areyou refering to his last game, typical hawthorn obseesion with richmond

First thing I noticed reading through all these posts ... what is it with the Hawks fans?

Majority of them are so anti Richmond ... everyone else very positive except HAWK fans

Got to laugh at all the moronic Cwood supporters now bagging Cousins and Richmond.

Wots wrong twits. Don't want ur pathetic, insignificant club proven wrong ?

No wonder Cousins legal team wanted to sue Cwood. The fact is their 'investigation' found nothin. They didnt want Cousins , but they tried their hardest so no other club would take him.

Now Eddie havin a big cry because some other team may get a champion....

How freakin obvious and pathetic.

Richmond will get two picks if Polak is placed on the mature age rookie list. They will only get one pick if he is placed on the long term injury list.

I know that.

But they can just put him on the LTI list and pick up Cousins with the PSD pick. And the youngster they woudl have taken in the PSD can simply be picked up instead, in the rookie draft.

Obviously, the club is trying to turn a disadvantage into an advantage, no one is denying that, but to say that it is the ONLY reason is just plain and simply wrong.

In the statement for the application, the club said that Graham will continue his treatment and rehabilitation during next season.

To me, that sounds like they've conceded there'll be no football for him next year.

Apart from the differences of how they occured, whether it was of natural cause or accident, I don't see how the situation is all the dissimilar to the Ramanauskas case.

Maybe we should be looking more towards the AFL for setting this precedent. The Tigers are only doing what they think is fair game. I can't see the AFL turning this one down, if they do, I don't see Richmond lying down.

One has to ask why at this very late stage are Richmond finally getting around to thinking about their squad and the Graham Polak situation?

Surely they could have started the process to invoke the Adam R mature age rookie ruling MONTHS ago.

Also 3AW are adding that Richmond will chose among Cousins, Nick Davis, Nathan Carroll and if you believe this Adam Yze.

Because today was the day that its was determined that Polak has serious peripheral vision issues and cant see below his knees when playing. Polak had to agree to this and that only happened today. No conspiracy

if this is not about an extra pick why don't richmond just select him with their first and only pick in the psd. why do they need two

if this is not about an extra pick why don't richmond just select him with their first and only pick in the psd. why do they need two
Because Polak is obviosuly not in a stable condition to play AFL. And every club has to have 40 players on their list. Everyones making it sound like we get an extra player somehow.....

OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a joke - EVERY CLUB had the opportunity to pick him up

what is all the fuss about.

Collingwood Eddie : "We took the moral ground on this one, sorry vinnie cuz cuzarino"

Cuz : "Pick me Pick me Pick me"
No response from anyone
then
Kotter Terry Tez Wallace "We will take you Cuz and give you a home"

Collingwood Eddie "No unfair I cry foul!!! my sponsors would have hung me out to dry"

Now Eddie havin a big cry because some other team may get a champion....

How freakin obvious and pathetic.

Apart from some media speculation no one has mentioned Cousins in relation to the Richmond application.

Yet people continue to suggest that Eddie's (and by extension, Collingwood's) motive is to stop the fairytale from having the tear jerking, inspirational ending it so thoroughly deserves.

This is all about stopping another club from gaining an advantage by circumventing the rules.
Eddie has been nothing but consistent in this regard, even allowing for the unanimous decision to allow Rama onto the mature age rookie list many moons ago.

When are people going to realise that ALL club presidents are in their positions to work to the advantage of THEIR club.
Even if ignorant morons perceive their actions as insensitive and bitter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back