Autopsy Richmond v Port

Remove this Banner Ad

Going by Ken's press conference I wouldn't be surprised if Brynn Teakle debuts against Sydney and Ladhams next week.
I hope Teakle debuts at some stage but next week I was really looking forward to seeing Hayes v Ladhams head to head.

That umpiring was some of the worst we've ever copped, we played shithouse with no skills or structure, woeful selections, and yet, we should've won.

Even as the window fast closes, you improve this team by 5% and we're right up there.

Sack Hinkley.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk
You’re conflicted aren’t you🤣

I genuinely forgot this was on, tuned in for the last two minutes, saw a missed HTB against Richmond, a really bad one paid against Houston, Richmond take a 3-1 intercept mark and the commentators mention it was our problem all night.

I take it I got the gist of the whole game.
I need you to explain to me how you’re a big footy person and obviously long term supporter and you forgot the game was on? What’s your secret? No matter how disheartened I am I couldn’t miss a game.

Love Boaky but twice in the last qtr he bombed into our fwd line when we had player/s leading. People talk about fwds not leading on here but Marshall was on a great lead with one and Boaky kicked over his head to a Tigers player. It's not the first time in a close game Boaky has lost the plot.

And while I have stuck up for Mots this season his last 3 games have stunk. Time to move on.
We needed an effective small fwd in that game . We got nothing in that space .
I thought Finlayson competed well . Houston ,Amon both had good games.
People here thinking we can replace Amon easily are kidding themselves. We may have players in the tinpot league who might take his spot effectively one day but that day isn't anytime soon

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Umpiring cost Port the game..?? I’d prefer to look back on which of Robbie Grays kicks I liked the most tonight ….oh hang on. Only 1 kick to review…I guess it was that one. And I thought Motlop was pivotal tonight with his 3 quality touches ….. But yeah, umpires cost Port the game and not their multitude of invisible players ..haha.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

If you think Gray is cooked, what’s Riewoldt? Charcoaled?

wow another close Loss. How many does that make it now

sadly I’m actually glad we lost.

we showed enough for a new coach to be excited about, albeit with a few changes and smart trading

and not winning means the more chance of cleaning the coaches box out.

unfortunately a win would have been a disaster

And you reckon this wasn’t lost in the coaches box.

Replace Gray and Motlop with Georgiades and one other half athletic young player - say Burgoyne, and we might have won this.
big mistake not playing MG. Guy offers something completely different and is a hard match up.

as much as I love robbie, he is cooked and needs a few weeks off and maybe a couple of games at the end as a send off.

motlop should only play against bottom 8 sides.

Maybe, but we wouldn’t have won if we played Sam Hayes. Not sure if you missed the game last week? Srsly, Jonas and Butters don’t have to leave the ground in the 4th and we would have won that game.
I do agree that we really didnt miss Hayes. Our centre clearances were good and Hayes doesn't do a lot around the ground yet. That will come. Wouldn't surprise me if we kept Finlayson there next week as Ladhams will be too strong around the ground for Hayes.
But ...we lost that game because of our terrible terrible forward entries .. AGAIN! And disgusting umpiring.

Remember those two to three weeks where we had a semi functional forward line; kicking to leads of georgiades marshall and finalyson and now we’ve literally gone back to square one bombing balls on gray and dixons head
Did we though?

We looked functional against North, WC, Essendon and the Dogs. The only quality team being the dogs, but to be honest they were playing a defence of short people which exaggerated our results.

I don't buy into our forward line looked good, I just think it was luck and shit oppo. We've looked crap against any quality defence. In fact we literally can barely score.

69 v Bris
36 v Melb
47 v Geel
65 v Rich

It's some ugly reading.

It was telling in the 4tg quarter near our forward boundary to see Powell Pepper bust his gut and go 100% trying to chase down multiple Richmond players and then also seeing Motlop in the same frame going at like 10%
It was there for all to see
As good as SPP was in that play, Motlop was utterly useless.

I thought we matched it with Richmond for lots of the game, and for some parts looked like the better side. The fact we got so close with Ken as coach tells me something. We have reason to be optimistic once he's shown the door. I've already started my count-down.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Richmond v Port

Remove this Banner Ad

Back