Preview Richmond vs Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that's cr*p. Just because the Tigers have been struggling for years doesn't mean that their opponents regard them as a joke. You won't find any reference from any Geelong player, coach or staffer dissing the Tigers or any other club. The Cats are a pretty professional outfit, like everyone else these days.

However, supporters are a different matter. Just 'cos some troll comes on this forum and says something silly and reactionary doesn't mean he speaks for the players of the team, who no doubt neither he (nor you) know personally.

BTW- I think Richmond are in for a show this week- but (contrary to the opinion on this forum), I think our ruck dept. will give your ruck guys a hard time. West is better than you might like to think, and the guys on the receiving end of the taps are not hacks either. Still, you guys might win if you can contain our tall forwards.

We know what you're saying, and you're right... no current player or coach would say such a a thing. But rtired players on the other hand, now that's another story. Have already heard Mooney talk the Tigers down a couple of times. Retired players from other clubs have done the same in the past, so nothing new, and quite deserved really. Some of the footy we played under Wallace was so soft and bruise free, it was embarrassing at times.

We know what you're saying, and you're right... no current player or coach would say such a a thing. But rtired players on the other hand, now that's another story. Have already heard Mooney talk the Tigers down a couple of times. Retired players from other clubs have done the same in the past, so nothing new, and quite deserved really. Some of the footy we played under Wallace was so soft and bruise free, it was embarrassing at times.

I understand that too. But the retired guys have a habit of making statements to keep their media presence alive, I think. Thank goodness Sam Newman doesn't speak for the GFC! :)

For the Tigers, I sincerely hope that the days of average footy are over. Time to climb up the ladder, I think.

I understand that too. But the retired guys have a habit of making statements to keep their media presence alive, I think. Thank goodness Sam Newman doesn't speak for the GFC! :)

For the Tigers, I sincerely hope that the days of average footy are over. Time to climb up the ladder, I think.

I can guarantee you that two that I know have no regard for Richmond at all. None whatsoever.That may have changed in last 6 months.One openly sledges the **** out of our players I watch him do it every single time.

Not silly enough to go public of course because as you rightly say they are too professional.But it goes on don't you worry about that.Its not a crack at Geelong it's just pointing out the status quo and intimidation factor that players act upon mostly verbally.

It's apparently common knowledge that you can get into Richmonds heads verbally and whilst I can't speak for all the sides or players I know it goes on at Geelong as I'd expect it would from us if the boot was on the other foot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back