Richmond, what were they thinking?

Remove this Banner Ad

nugget_12 said:
im not sure why people will be watching who goes at 8 because no-one knows that both richmond and collingwood were looking at the same player at 8.

obviously we were going to take the player we get at 13 at pick 8 otherwise i dont believe the deal would've went through and miller would've gone at polak with a different approach.

I agree Nugget.

Pies will take a mid 1st unless 1 of the gun KPPs slide (ie Sellar,Thorp etc but they will take Selwood no matter what if he's available)

The Tiges were more likely to go for a KPP like Reiwoldt who may still be available at #13.

Polaks best football has always been at CHF, so I think thats where he should play, except that is Richo's position so that makes that difficult. If he can give them anything really, and surely he cant be worse than Hall and Gaspar are, then its a great trade, they will still get a very good player.

understudy said:
You dont know who will be available at 13 so that cant possibly be true.

One thing's for certain, whoever it is we eventually wind up with at pick 13, he will be publicly declared as "the one we would have taken at pick 8".

Footy club people are so predictable.

More than happy with the polak selection thanks understudy. The first 6 or 7 players in this draft are guns but you can throw a blanket over the next ten it's that even. Im sure we'll land a decent player at 13 so we basically got polak for almost nothing. 195cms, 94kgs, 71 games and a runner up in the rising star and STILL only 22 years of age.

Yup. The kid has a real opportunity to make a name for himself and im confident he will.

Thanks for asking though. Do some more homework next time you troll.

nugget_12 said:
im not sure why people will be watching who goes at 8 because no-one knows that both richmond and collingwood were looking at the same player at 8.

obviously we were going to take the player we get at 13 at pick 8 otherwise i dont believe the deal would've went through and miller would've gone at polak with a different approach.

BINGO!!! ;)

The players we wanted at 8 will most definetely be around at 13, and its not a KPP, its other running types....hence the reason we recruited Polak!

We have Schultz, Pattison, Hughes, Limbach, McGuane, Thursfield, Moore and now Polak as young KPP at the club, we will build around them with the quickest, most skillful runners we can get. There is a plan that Wallace and Miller are sticking too. A plan that I beleive will bring success to this club.

at the time i was pretty pissed off we traded down to 13 because i thought we had a slim chance of a selwood or thorp but now i realise why it happened

terry loves the smalls so i get the feeling he told miller to get a KP in the trade so we can use our first 2 picks on best available

i still feel pick 42 shouldnt of been there, pies had to give a little more imo

draft picks are overrated

PLSC said:
at the time i was pretty pissed off we traded down to 13 because i thought we had a slim chance of a selwood or thorp but now i realise why it happened

terry loves the smalls so i get the feeling he told miller to get a KP in the trade so we can use our first 2 picks on best available

i still feel pick 42 shouldnt of been there, pies had to give a little more imo

draft picks are overrated

Wallace 'loves the smalls' so he traded down with pick #8 in a Sellwood/Proud/Jetta draft in favor of a 22 year old KPP aye..

Worth the risk, just like head hunting for a certain position. Having said that he's no good, and wont change his attitude. Expect Bowden back at CHB within 10 weeks.

understudy said:
Moving from pick 8 to pick 13 in return for Polak?

Not a big fan of his and struggling to see the logic in it myself.

How many 100pt floggings would you need to watch to give you a hint they need another key position defender or two? ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

how can we be criticising a trade that might prove a clever one after the draft period and a masterstroke in 12 months time?

i guess i'd prefer to applaud clubs when a deal does pay off rather than be negative about past deals - everyone has 20/20 vision in hindsight but it takes a set of stones for a club to gamble on a player

sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't - it's not an exact science because it's more about the experience and gut instincts of those coaches or recruiters involved

i respect those clubs/coaches who give it a go, i think we should cut them some slack :D

Wallace 'loves the smalls' so he traded down with pick #8 in a Sellwood/Proud/Jetta draft in favor of a 22 year old KPP aye..

well how the **** was he gonna get polak, trade krakouer :thumbsdown:

terry sacrificed 5 places for a big body so he can get 2 squibs with our first picks

he'll go for a WA or QLD boy

Well traded Tigers.

Not much lost, plenty gained.

Time for Ray Hall to stop being depended on as a CHB.

WoGiTaLiA said:
Polaks best football has always been at CHF, so I think thats where he should play, except that is Richo's position so that makes that difficult. If he can give them anything really, and surely he cant be worse than Hall and Gaspar are, then its a great trade, they will still get a very good player.

Garbage, Polaks best footy has been at CHB by a country mile.

IMO Richomnd won big time on this trade.

At pick 8 its likely the GUN KP talls will be gone.

Gumby
Hansen
Seller
Thorp

So at Pick 13 a MID they rate highly will still be there.

WIN WIN for Richmond. They needed immediate help in the spine and Polak provides it.

I see 8 players in the draft who stand out from the rest as several other recruiters have also suggested (Pelchan et al).

Richmond have taken a big risk trading away pick 8 and Collingwood have done very well to get Richmonds pick 8 imo.

Like someone else on here suggested Polaks kicking skills are lamentable.

Short term option over staying the course for better results long term imo.

understudy said:
I see 8 players in the draft who stand out from the rest as several other recruiters have also suggested (Pelchan et al).

Richmond have taken a big risk trading away pick 8 and Collingwood have done very well to get Richmonds pick 8 imo.

Like someone else on here suggested Polaks kicking skills are lamentable.

Short term option over staying the course for better results long term imo.

Name the 8 that stand out from the rest, ill be very interested to see who the 8 are :confused:

polak is bloody 22 turning 23 mid wau through next year, he is 195cms and will be close to 100kgs wen this pre-season is over.

Most KPP's take untill they're 24 - 25 to reach thier full potential. polak has many years left in him and as he has clearly stated that he only left due to not gettin the opportunity over the last 2 years.....sure throw in some bad behavior along the way....

but u could probably mark that down to him being in his HOME TOWN, with his ORIGINAL MATES and the fact that he is 22 years old.....get off the kids back and let him play footy where he'll be made earn everything, including new mates and a starting spot as our CHB.

He'll pay off and as TW said it'll be as if we got pick 4 and 13 in the super draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

Richmond, what were they thinking?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back