Player Watch Riley Thilthorpe - Signed to End of 2028

Remove this Banner Ad

AKA "I couldn't find them so I'm just going to claim they're out there"
Trust me I've done research on this, I was baited on the Port Power forum with this topic and had to provide them facts to backup my argument, why do you think I've been permanent ban there. A total of around $200K in 3rd party payments over 3 years where the $60K per year was actually within the salary cap which was never used but wasn't declared, the AFL got us mainly on the draft tapering because we stupidly had something written instead of the gentleman agreement with players which happen all the time.

Last edited:

$750K isn't $1M (and if they can get Daniher fit he is easily worth $750K if he can recapture his AA form) and ask yourself did you see Tippett as potentially developing into an elite player end of 2009 or 2012?

Did I see Tippett developing into an elite player by the end of 2009? Yup, like everyone else. It wasn't even a hot take, Tippett was already there because you know, 55 goal season on his 3rd year on the list. Adelaide did too, hence why we made him our highest paid player after our illegal deal.

All you're doing here is a poor job at revising history.

Did I see Tippett developing into an elite player by the end of 2009? Yup, like everyone else. It wasn't even a hot take, Tippett was already there because you know, 55 goal season on his 3rd year on the list. Adelaide did too, hence why we made him our highest paid player after our illegal deal.

he really is the online equivalent of a kid who has tied a own pork chop around his neck so the dog will play with him.

Some of us even picked it earlier.... & there would be posts on BF to prove it.

I only saw his potential to be an elite player after 2012, 2009 show he had potential to be a very good player but there is a huge leap between a very good player and elite, hence, a lot of good players have only one good season but fail to jump to the next level. And there's no way he was our highest paid player after resigning him in 2009, it was $1.8M over 3 years, like I said those 3rd party payment were around $50K per year and within the salary cap which wasn't used. We didn't tried to pay him $800K per season and had to pay him $200K per season outside the cap, we would have easily offered him $800K and made him our highest paid player after 2012 though.

Yeah I don't think there's a real true comparison for RT. I've never seen someone of his height, weight and age to be so clean with his ball take and ball use in the middle of the ground (and that's not even his best position for us)

And it's okay that there's no true comparison. In fact, it's probably a bloody good thing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is why you should play talent - pressure helps it thrive; don’t hide from it.

Jesus Christ mate, you’ve gone early and gone hard
I have, but it's very true.

Whether that translates into a superstar career that obviously remains to be seen, but he's got more tools in his kitbag than a great deal of players I've seen.

Not sure if you still think this after a 2 minute highlight reel of Tippett when playing with us:

There were a few crumbing goals and 2 notable left kick goals showing skill and agility at 0:57 and 1:55.
Anyway, we're basically in agreement of how you're describing RT's attributes.

How can any supposed "Kurt Tippett career highlights" video not include any footage from his "Tippett's Tips" ads for Balfour's? :p

Tipp also seemed to have most of his best moments in the raptor head gurnsey which is quite a feat.

Reflecting on how the game has changed re size of forward lines, people used to get so riled up on here about not letting Tippett play as a second ruck. Compare and contrast as to the general preference for Thilthorpe to play as a second ruck to improve the structure.

How can any supposed "Kurt Tippett career highlights" video not include any footage from his "Tippett's Tips" ads for Balfour's? :p
Sooo much to see in those highlights.

1. I know we all hate him now, but Tipp was a decent player.
  2. I actually saw Dangerfield hit a target
  3. How good seeing young Walker and his mullet
  4. Love Walker getting stuck into the opponent after Tipp marked. Brilliant
  5. Callinan sighting!
  6. Porps!
  7. Goddard giving one of his 1000-a-game disgusted looks at teammates. What a flog he was.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Riley Thilthorpe - Signed to End of 2028

Remove this Banner Ad

Back