RIP Phil Walsh - Police, club, league statements in OP

Remove this Banner Ad

Obviously would feel pretty inadequate as a son when his father worked with the most successful group of twenties aged men in the country.

No one is to blame in this though

We police commissioner Carl O'callahaugn son was a meth cook ......

Ended up blowing up his meth lab and was in hospital.

I have worked with some young people who have great supportive parents and their kids are off the rails .....?The parents ask ...what did we do wrong. Many a time it's nothing. Blaming isn't useful and causes more trauma and angst in families and communities.

Heard he had mental issues today do he struggled with some depression to a degree let me tell you from experience it is the toughest thing ever to deal with... It's getting the right help that you have to find that is the hardest! Sadly people fall through the cracks!

Heard he had mental issues today do he struggled with some depression to a degree let me tell you from experience it is the toughest thing ever to deal with... It's getting the right help that you have to find that is the hardest! Sadly people fall through the cracks!

We in the counselling profession are snowed with clients

In fact our agency doesn't even promote .....we are full and have been for two years ...wait list is 40 people.

Most of my clients have significant mental health issues ....we have groups ....we get others who have recovered to help the Ne clients, social groups and art groups

The population has grown however govt funding to organisations hasn't increased .....we also know that 1 in 4 will experience a mental Illness

However 94% of people will know someone with a mental health CONDITION/illness or be affected directly

Hey I'm a counsellor and my sisters has bi polar and my mum has depression ....so I'm affected and i struggle with my own emotions some days and I'm trained to handle it!

It's tough. We will never know nor do I want to know what Cy was possibly thinking ...it's unhelpful and can actually re-traumatise people. We have to move to care for ourselves and the ones around us who we love

Control what we can control and let the things we can't control slide.

This weekend I'm camping with family to get away from phones, net ...the world

I find having a break from the world is the best therapy and some time in my kayak do wonders.

For all those affected by mental illnesses please stay strong, exercise and eat well. Get help ...a problem shared is problem halved.

Heading to the Port v Pies game tonight. Gonna be very emotional for all, I think. I believe Phil was an assistant coach at Port from 1999-2008 and then returned for 2014 for one year before being picked up by the Crows. We were sad to see him go but also enjoyed the fact that he would get his crack at being a Head Coach. All the players and coaching staff loved him and we probably wouldn't have won the Premiership in 2004 without him.

I don't know what to expect out of the boys tonight, even Hinkley seems to be really struggling, going by his presser.

#weareportadelaide #RIPWalshy

The more information that emerges about Cy Walsh, the more he appears like a disturbed individual.

I've read his old blog, and I had to stop reading because the extreme narcissism and obvious disconnect from other human beings, particularly women, made me feel ill.

The more information that emerges about Cy Walsh, the more he appears like a disturbed individual.

I've read his old blog, and I had to stop reading because the extreme narcissism and obvious disconnect from other human beings, particularly women, made me feel ill.
How did you get to read his blogs where can you read them? I thought I heard they all got deleted?

Apparently he had travelled ALOT all at a tender age and if those rambling a are correct maybe he was a bit alternative. he was into yoga meditation other stuff which most youngs guys aren't really into.but I met a young 28 yr old guy years ago through a family who was into meditation and some weird tarot card stuff and all that shit and was into an alternative lifestyle he suffered from depression, was quite a strange one he seemed to have a bad relationship with the father.

I couldn't imagine he'd have been too into meditation as meditation promotes objectivity, perspective, altruism, compassion and kindness - none of which Cy seems to inhibit.

These days, meditation isn't really considered alternative at all.

Last edited:
How did you get to read his blogs where can you read them? I thought I heard they all got deleted?

https://morethanaman.wordpress.com

The above is one that one of the newspaper references as being Cy Walsh's.

It's not terribly interesting reading, as the only thing he seems to care about is practicing "pick up artist techniques" and learning Japanese to help along his Project Asian Girlfriend... But I found the manicness that comes through, the odd degree of obsession, and the clinical approach human relations to be... Strange. You do get a sense of the personality writing it.

I have no idea of what happened between Walsh and his son that night, but what would people do or think if it was eventually revealed that there were zero drugs or alcohol involved, that the son was not suffering from depression or any known mental health issue, and instead he just lost his temper during an argument or (even worse) had cold-heartedly planned to kill his father over some sort of perceived "wrong" or extended perceived "mistreatment"? Are people even willing to consider this as a possibility? People just seem very willing to jump to the "it must have been drugs/depression" conclusion (even on the day it happened) without any clarification, investigation or official confirmation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have no idea of what happened between Walsh and his son that night, but what would people do or think if it was eventually revealed that there were zero drugs or alcohol involved, that the son was not suffering from depression or any known mental health issue, and instead he just lost his temper during an argument or (even worse) had cold-heartedly planned to kill his father over some sort of perceived "wrong" or extended perceived "mistreatment"? Are people even willing to consider this as a possibility? People just seem very willing to jump to the "it must have been drugs/depression" conclusion (even on the day it happened) without any clarification, investigation or official confirmation.
It could be but either way nobody deserves to die over whatever occurred if that is the case.

386738_gl.jpg
386718_gl.jpg
386739_gl.jpg
386740_gl.jpg
386741_gl.jpg
386772_gl.jpg
386771_gl.jpg
386770_gl.jpg
386765_gl.jpg
386773_gl.jpg
386774_gl.jpg
386766_gl.jpg

It's not terribly interesting reading, as the only thing he seems to care about is practicing "pick up artist techniques" and learning Japanese to help along his Project Asian Girlfriend... But I found the manicness that comes through, the odd degree of obsession, and the clinical approach human relations to be... Strange. You do get a sense of the personality writing it.

Agree with your take. Very weird, disconnected, narcissistic.

Always wonder how the legal system copes with this stuff when doing jury trials - ie. do they try to establish whether people have gone and done their own homework on the side?

Quite frankly any young healthy male who subscribes to activities such as "sarging" needs help.
Your self-esteem would have to be rock bottom to follow this type of misogynist crap and is a clear sign that you're on the downhill slide and not completely in touch with reality. Add to that, Cy was a good looking kid, from a good family and it gets a little weirder.

I can understand the normal struggle of a kid growing up in the shadow of his father, always thinking he has to become something special or live up to that legacy.
Cy was a footballer, but had that taken away by injuries. He tried to style himself as some sort of mentor with his videos on time management etc., but who's going to listen to a guy with no real experience. Basically all things point to his failure to measure up to what he thought were the standards of his father and quite possibly as a result of that (possibly assisted by his drug taking), his father became the target and the reason for his failures. If you follow the blog, the language gets darker and more and more detached the longer it goes.

Birds of Tokyo's full live version of Lanterns on the Footy Show on Tuesday night. Most of the words just seem to fit so appropriately. (The one at Adelaide Oval started mid way thru the 1st chorus as bolded)

"Lanterns"

Lately I've found
When I start to think aloud
There's a longing in the sound
There is more I could be
In darkness I leave
For a place I've never seen
It's been calling out to me
That is where I should be

We never carried days on our own
But now it's up to us to know
The weight of being so much more