Rising Star 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Josh J.Kennedy

Given your wooden spoon performances, you should be upset if you don't win the rising star.

Since your side is a rabble who were qual last in 2006 and you had more top fifty picks than Carlton , your crap side should be odds on to have the winner this year.

Didn't Essendon rate Ryder higher than Murphy? :eek:
P.s. Get your nick right. The saying is "In like flynn".
Get a life.

PS. there will be plenty of chances for an ageing Essendon outfit to win the rising star award in the next few years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nick Smith (Sydney) will win the rising star. I saw him playing in the NAB cup he looks like a very good player.

Just had a little peek into the crystal ball...

I don't want to give too much away, but Pendles will announce himself in round one with 30 disposals and 2 goals in a B.O.G performance in a Collingwood 41 point demolision of the Gold Coast Roos.

Are Collingwood supporters ... realising that Dale Thomas won't be the midfielder they expected?

Which Collingwood supporters? When?

Dale's coming along just beautifully, thanks. He'll spend time pinch-hitting in the midfield and forward line, and probably anywhere else in the ground that needs a spark. He's got those match-breaking characteristics that earned Didak an All Australian guernsey last season. I suspect Mick will use him as an impact utility, I don't think anyone ever expected him to be a full time midfield ball mover.

Pendlebury on the other hand, is a ball magnet, is quick on his feet and has Robert Harveyesque evasive skills, but coupled with sublime disposal.

He's the real deal.

I doubt Selwood has his number after seeing Bryce's Robert Harvey impersonation on Saturday night. :eek: :thumbsu:

Selwood is still fat and slow.

I have been looking through Geelong's four pre-season games but haven't noticed Selwood in the best players in any of those games. Has he been playing well, but not good enough to make the best players?

I have been looking through Geelong's four pre-season games but haven't noticed Selwood in the best players in any of those games. Has he been playing well, but not good enough to make the best players?
hes been up there in a couple. And of course hes been 10 times the player of Gibbs so far.

Are Collingwood supporters now pinning there hopes on Pendelbury after realising that Dale Thomas won't be the midfielder they expected?

think u may find that D.Thomas was nominated last year and played 17 or so games, but was beaten to the award by a group of players who had a few years in the system like h.shaw, pearce, raines

Pendles missed the pre-season so now is still eligible to win it this year and like pearce from last year has a massive head start on the first year players

Thomas going along very nicely, already comfortable playing AFL footy, takes on senior blokes, kicks match winning goals, he hasn't missed a beat

Just a public service announcement.

Scott Pendlebury is eligible for the 2007 Rising Star award.

Punters, you've been warned. :thumbsu:

I didn't think it was possible to bet on the rising star award, so why should punters be warned?

I doubt Selwood has his number after seeing Bryce's Robert Harvey impersonation on Saturday night. :eek: :thumbsu:

Selwood is still fat and slow.

Selwood probably had more touches in the 3rd quarter of the Richmond game than Gibbs had in the entire NAB Cup! :p :thumbsu:

Gibbs has got it wrapped up already. The others who are eligible aren't even close to being in the same league as Gibbs. He's so far ahead of the others he could play only 4 games for the year and still win it by a mile.
Despite CBD's enthusiasm, I think Bryce has a way to go before he even gets nominated. But he will be.

Pendlebury realisticaly will be a big chance.

Selwood I think has to be up there from first year players, X. Ellis will play a fair bit this year but will be in and out of the side, nominated but not a shot at the reward, a year off making his mark.

Beau Muston outside chance.

Gibbs obviously, but I think Selwood looks more ready made for round 1 from the little I've seen pre-season

Remove this Banner Ad

Rising Star 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Back