Rising Star - round 2 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Zaharakis, 21 disposals along with 9 marks.

His kicking is what I like about this kid. Hit Lucas twice in the chest and hit Lloyd once in his chest.

He looks the absolute goods.

Played a blinder or got a lot of possessions? I don't want the Rising Star to go the way of the Brownlow and be the midfielders award... White, as a 4-game ruckman played just as much of a blinder as Zahrakis did as a midfielder.

Played a blinder or got a lot of possessions? I don't want the Rising Star to go the way of the Brownlow and be the midfielders award... White, as a 4-game ruckman played just as much of a blinder as Zahrakis did as a midfielder.

He was rucking against Renouf. :eek:

I wouldn't say payed off nicely seeing as he was last weeks Rising Star...short memory?

Sigh.. I can't believe i have to spell this out... Rich is and will be awesome, but so should Hurley & Zaka. Thus, we may have scored the best KP and maybe one of the better mids. Therefore, the gamble of overlooking a gun like Rich might just pay off big time. Is that simple enough for you champ?

He was rucking against Renouf. :eek:

The bloke had an extra 6 games of experience on him, and White was able to get involved in other areas both in defence and attack, kicking an awesome goal from outside 50 on the siren to get us within two points.

I wouldn't say payed off nicely seeing as he was last weeks Rising Star...short memory?

Think you'll find he's suggesting that Hurley + Zaka may have worked better for us than Rich + 2nd round tall.

Very early, but could be spot on.

[edit] Apparently didnt refresh the page before i posted, Lance put it better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fantastic..but 21 possessions is a heck of a lot more than White did. That is reality. You don't get nominations for "competing" and kicking a goal.

Hille: 1 Goal, 5 Marks, 14 Possessions, 11 Hit Outs, 1 Tackle.
White: 1 Goal, 3 Marks, 12 Possessions, 28 Hit Outs, 2 Tackles.

And Hille's the third best ruckman in the league? :rolleyes:

As an example, try comparing Zahrakis to, say, Judd's game, and see how he compares?

I stopped caring about this award the day they named it after Ron Evans.

But yeah, Zahrakis played well today. But then, it was against the most spiritless, sorry excuse for a football club I've ever seen.

Hurley's going to be a player as well. Good draft for essendon - and probably for a lot of clubs. Some real quality coming through.

I reckon Beams will get it but Zahrakis will be Stiff Opposition but who ever does not get it will probably get it next week

Beams had 18 possies at 78% effectiveness, 1 goal, 6 tackles, 5 marks and a clearance. Showed absolute class throughout the game. I haven't seen Zaharakis but I'd suggest Beams would be a strong contender.

Hille: 1 Goal, 5 Marks, 14 Possessions, 11 Hit Outs, 1 Tackle.
White: 1 Goal, 3 Marks, 12 Possessions, 28 Hit Outs, 2 Tackles.

And Hille's the third best ruckman in the league? :rolleyes:

As an example, try comparing Zahrakis to, say, Judd's game, and see how he compares?

One was rucking against Sandilands..one was rucking against Renouf..giving Rising Star nominations to 12 possession games is just silly and even you know it. White was good but Beams and Zaharatis were much better, with Masten and Mitch Brown to follow tonight.

So it seem it is down to Zaka and Beams really.

Some of Zaka's stats btw.

17 kicks
4 h/balls
10 marks
4 tackles
7 inside 50's

Did not see alot of Beams, but what I did see was pretty good as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rising Star - round 2 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back