Preview RND 1 - Carlton v Richmond - Thursday 21st March 7:20PM @ MCG - Team Post #1412

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't say we have gone 3 tall forwards at all. Balta is 2nd ruck and more plays across a wing when not rucking he has a pretty good tank. They won't play Lynch Jack and Balta all in the 50 at once.

Genuine question not trolling or being a smart arse but if Lynch Jack and Dusty all play in the 50 at some stage who takes Dusty?

It will be interesting to see the match ups for your big key forwards you have 3 yourselves. Curnow to athletic for Astbury and Broad so it has to be Rance who takes him. Astbury a good match up for McKay but leaves McGovern with Broad or Grimes which would suit you guys a lot.

Fasalo always had great games against us and wouldn't be surprised to see him kick half a dozen .

Good luck guys hope it's a cracker of a game
You can afford to have dusty forward. Who is going to get the ball out of the middle. No other player on your list will be able to compete with Carlton on the inside with Cripps. But if he does it’ll be Plowman. He’s done the job before. If it wasn’t for shit umpiring Plowman would of kept him goalless. Sick to death of top players using their name to get extra help from the umpires. Dusty holds every time but let’s go when the bell is within range and puts his hands up for frees. He shouldn’t be doing it, he shouldn’t be getting rewarded, and he doesn’t ****ing need to.

Round 23 2018

B Dale Thomas, Jacob Weitering, Ciaran Byrne
HB Sam Rowe, Caleb Marchbank, Aaron Mullett
C Lochie O'Brien, Patrick Cripps, Jed Lamb
HF Sam Petrevski-Seton, Charlie Curnow, Matthew Wright
F Darcy Lang, Harry McKay, Cameron Polson
FOL Matthew Lobbe, Ed Curnow, Marc Murphy

I/C Kade Simpson, Sam Kerridge, Jack Silvagni, Tom De Koning

EMG Matt Shaw, Harrison Macreadie, Jarrod Pickett, Cameron O'Shea

Round 1 - 2019
B Jarrod Garlett , Liam Jones , Lachie Plowman
HB Kade Simpson , Jacob Weitering , Nic Newman
C Marc Murphy , Patrick Cripps , Zac Fisher
HF Michael Gibbons , Charlie Curnow , Sam Walsh
F Ed Curnow , Mitch McGovern , Harry McKay
FOL Andrew Phillips , Paddy Dow , Sam Petrevski-Seton

I/C Dale Thomas , David Cuningham , Alex Fasolo , Will Setterfield

EMG Cameron Polson , Lochie O'Brien , Levi Casboult , Matthew Lobbe

Wow - 13 changes, the team is one year more mature and lots of new guys
I'll let other dissect the differences, but this is an awesome change in one year
Got to be happy with this RD1 team :)

You can afford to have dusty forward. Who is going to get the ball out of the middle. No other player on your list will be able to compete with Carlton on the inside with Cripps. But if he does it’ll be Plowman. He’s done the job before. If it wasn’t for shit umpiring Plowman would of kept him goalless. Sick to death of top players using their name to get extra help from the umpires. Dusty holds every time but let’s go when the bell is within range and puts his hands up for frees. He shouldn’t be doing it, he shouldn’t be getting rewarded, and he doesn’t ******* need to.
Your spot on there whenever players like Dusty or Danger go forward the umpires make it so easy for them it’s a joke, put a finger on them they get a free kick.

Well I’ve just got my eye in reading the game thread.

Talk about being ****ing lost without BF last night and most of today. I had to face some real world issues (and I’m not happy), clean the paving, assist with putting the new bed frame together ( I’ve been my wife’s TA since November 1981) and water the plants in the backyard. Talk about being exhausted.

Back to the game.

It’s a strong team. It’s a well prepared team. It’s a team capable of defending a lead. It’s a team capable of kicking a winning score. I’m pretty excited about the season ahead of us. Go Blues!

I like it as well but not too sure about our forward line.

Do you think it's too slow?
There is always a negative to dig for if you try hard enough to search for it! ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Best thing is that since our last game against Collingwood, we haven't found a way of injuring more players.
Our injured vs Richmonds injured sort of cancel each other out for this game to be fair, hence no excuses, as both teams have had relative continuity in what has been available to them, via pre-season matches.

Don't feel too worried about their talls, but their small forwards could cut us up.
Backline seems a little devoid of coverage right now.

Your spot on there whenever players like Dusty or Danger go forward the umpires make it so easy for them it’s a joke, put a finger on them they get a free kick.
pre-game umpire blaming is the new black........:thumbsu:

I think a lot of teams are in for a big shock this year if they come out expecting to play the Carlton of 2018, instead they are going to get the super turbo charged version from 2017, good luck scoring and even more luck stopping us from scoring suckers. From bottom to top for the Mighty Blues. Tigers will be the first to feel the pain but far from the last to succumb to the great blue wave heading to screens all around the country. Blues by 32

Polson out makes for common sense.........and that's nothing against Polson FFS, as Fasolo can actually kick goals.

Still would have had O'Brien ahead of Gibbons, but only just for now.
I don't like Murphy on the wing and would sooner he led from the front in our forward line.
Of course team sheets mean little, but just play Murphy forward and have give ECurnow a shut down role.
Murphy rightly should be on the wing, but he'll play an attacking role.

Would much prefer LOB over Garlett as I have a lot of worrying questions about Jarrod, specifically around disposal. But apart from that, that was the team that I was expecting to be named. I have confidence in our side named to push them. Getting that tingly feeling now! Can’t wait to be there in 24 hrs. We can potentially pull a nice little shock here. Let’s go Baggers
Garlett looked more confident as a defender this pre-season than LOB did last year, IMO. O'Brien will get a shot soon enough.

Sorry for the intrusion.. but just curious if anyone knows why Phillips is getting the start over Lobbe?
Thought Lobbe would have been the clear preference..
Me too, so I'm still working under the assumption that his fitness is a concern.

That Balta looked very good in the JLT abs has heaps of athleticism, hope we’ve got a good plan for him
As a junior when he was firing he almost didn't need to have a footy brain, he could just bolt off down the length of the ground at will. Almost.

Standing room only for walk up AFL members. 90k+ for sure, with the empty MCC seats being the reason it isn't a sellout tomorrow night.

That's only because the 18-24 crowd that were signed at birth are at the bar getting sloshed and acting like millionaires.

Murphy rightly should be on the wing, but he'll play an attacking role.

How do you mean 'rightly'?
Much more dangerous for me would be rotations of Fisher, Cuningham, Dow, SPS and Walsh off the wings.

Murphy doesn't seem to charge towards the contest and as smart a footballer as he is, I feel he'll be beaten to the ball.
Who knows for sure? I guess we'll be slightly better armed after tomorrow night, to follow up on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back