Preview RND 1 - Carlton v Richmond - Thursday 21st March 7:20PM @ MCG - Team Post #1412

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

First time in a long long time I have looked at a team sheet and not said to myself too many talls, well maybe up forward but that is the one place it's acceptable. How many times did we go in with Rowe, Jones, Weitering, Marchbank in one side? With an O'Shea on top or play 2 rucks to leave us a runner down.

Last edited:
How do you mean 'rightly'?
Much more dangerous for me would be rotations of Fisher, Cuningham, Dow, SPS and Walsh off the wings.

Murphy doesn't seem to charge towards the contest and as smart a footballer as he is, I feel he'll be beaten to the ball.
Who knows for sure? I guess we'll be slightly better armed after tomorrow night, to follow up on this.
We don't want Murphy charging towards the contest, we want him running hard to space to create the option then charging forwards and delivering inside 50.

Teams have pretty much gotten by on rocking up and playing 20 minutes of good football to beat Carlton in recent years. They've known that when they put the hammer down, there won't be much of a response and the game will effectively be over.

When Richmond come at us tomorrow night, there'd better be a response. No more rolling over.

Go Blues.

I like the fact that other coaches and teams are whinging about the changes to the runners while at Carlton from what Bolton said in an interview we are embracing it and using it to enhance our on field leadership, this is fantastic imo and shows how confident we are in our on field leaders to deliver the right messages at the right time. This is such a great sign for our onfield future and could be a huge advantage to us in tight games if we can get it right. 😀👍🏽👍🏽👍🏽👍🏽👍🏽

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First time in a long long time I have looked at a team sheet and not said to myself too many talls, well maybe up forward but that is the once place it's acceptable. How many times did we go in with Rowe, Jones, Weitering, Marchbank in one side? With an O'Shea on top or play 2 rucks to leave us a runner down.

Don't forget that back line was balanced out with Thomas, Simpson, Obrien and Mullet as the smalls/runners and that was a minimum at any one time.:eek:

Teams have pretty much gotten by on rocking up and playing 20 minutes of good football to beat Carlton in recent years. They've known that when they put the hammer down, there won't be much of a response and the game will effectively be over.

When Richmond come at us tomorrow night, there'd better be a response. No more rolling over.

Go Blues.
this times 40 Billion.........

Why? Coaches very happy with progress. His run will be a vital component

I reckon he has shown a lot and will keep getting better and better

I’m sceptical, has shown a bit during the JLT and did sit under the ball on a few occasions which is good sign but the proof will be in the pudding when coaches try and exploit him and play through his man which they will.

Why? Coaches very happy with progress. His run will be a vital component

I reckon he has shown a lot and will keep getting better and better

Agree soap . His shepherding and in close shoulder to shoulder bustling was evident in jlt .? Would love him to get into space also . Go JG and play well . Go Blues .

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Start of a new era for Carlton with three decent talls and a couple of decent smaller forwards in the mix- I'm excited to see them start to work together. Will be a game played at a fairly frantic pace in the first quarter and half - I just hope we finish the game with all rotations in tact unlike last year.

Decent team compared to what we had to play last year- and just a few smokies coming back into the side over the next few weeks as well.

I think Charlie will be blow 'em away.

I wouldn't say we have gone 3 tall forwards at all. Balta is 2nd ruck and more plays across a wing when not rucking he has a pretty good tank. They won't play Lynch Jack and Balta all in the 50 at once.

Genuine question not trolling or being a smart arse but if Lynch Jack and Dusty all play in the 50 at some stage who takes Dusty?

It will be interesting to see the match ups for your big key forwards you have 3 yourselves. Curnow to athletic for Astbury and Broad so it has to be Rance who takes him. Astbury a good match up for McKay but leaves McGovern with Broad or Grimes which would suit you guys a lot.

Fasalo always had great games against us and wouldn't be surprised to see him kick half a dozen .

Good luck guys hope it's a cracker of a game
We will use the force. Either that or peer-group pressure.
Either way he'll be stopped in his tracks 👍

I like it as well but not too sure about our forward line.

Do you think it's too slow?
Harry is extremely quick for his size, throw in Cunners, Walsh (at times) and Fish (at times) it'll be nippy enough. Charlie meanwhile will blow his opponent up ala N. Reiwoldt style.

Last edited:
We will use the force. Either that or peer-group pressure.
Either way he'll be stopped in his tracks 👍
C'mon Dusty, you know you want to dash out for a quick pint and a Parma, don't worry it's only the second quarter you've got time...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back