Preview RND 1 - Carlton v Richmond - Thursday 21st March 7:20PM @ MCG - Team Post #1412

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't say we have gone 3 tall forwards at all. Balta is 2nd ruck and more plays across a wing when not rucking he has a pretty good tank. They won't play Lynch Jack and Balta all in the 50 at once.

Genuine question not trolling or being a smart arse but if Lynch Jack and Dusty all play in the 50 at some stage who takes Dusty?

It will be interesting to see the match ups for your big key forwards you have 3 yourselves. Curnow to athletic for Astbury and Broad so it has to be Rance who takes him. Astbury a good match up for McKay but leaves McGovern with Broad or Grimes which would suit you guys a lot.

Fasalo always had great games against us and wouldn't be surprised to see him kick half a dozen .

Good luck guys hope it's a cracker of a game
To answer your question - it will probably be Plowman.

It’s interesting you say that Astbury isn’t athletic enough for Charlie but is a good matchup for Harry. Harry is a pretty athletic guy himself.

We don't want Murphy charging towards the contest, we want him running hard to space to create the option then charging forwards and delivering inside 50.

'We don't want Murphy charging towards the contest'?
How do you think that may play out from the wing? I want him charging to take the second possession out of the middle, if he's to play there.

I see the wings now requiring a lot of hard work and running and not simply for some soft possession allowing one to waltz into the forward 50.

That bench looks much better than Lamb Mullett Pickett Silvagni
I like the fact that other coaches and teams are whinging about the changes to the runners while at Carlton from what Bolton said in an interview we are embracing it and using it to enhance our on field leadership, this is fantastic imo and shows how confident we are in our on field leaders to deliver the right messages at the right time. This is such a great sign for our onfield future and could be a huge advantage to us in tight games if we can get it right. 😀👍🏽👍🏽👍🏽👍🏽👍🏽
I hope they bring back the 19th man just to annoy them a lot more.
If a coach is any good at getting the message through they don't need a runner except to give em a drink if they kick a sausage......

Harry is extremely quick for his size, throw in Cunners, Walsh (at times) and Fish (at times it'll be nippy enough. Charlie meanwhile will blow his opponent up ala N. Reiwoldt style.

Agree pumps. We are versatile with pace . Brackets aside coz he’s a clunker . Just got to learn to play together. When and when not . Read the game before it happens . Go Blues

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Agree pumps. We are versatile with pace . Brackets aside coz he’s a clunker . Just got to learn to play together. When and when not . Read the game before it happens . Go Blues

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Our forward 50 entries have been and still are a major concern. With such a young group up front who haven't really played any footy together before, it'll take some time for them to gel and create space and opportunities for each other.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To answer your question - it will probably be Plowman.

It’s interesting you say that Astbury isn’t athletic enough for Charlie but is a good matchup for Harry. Harry is a pretty athletic guy himself.

Astbury reads the ball well and is great one on one but Curnow is a freak. McGovern is probably the better match up but Broad is more a half back flanker and Grimes to small for McKay I reckon. They are reluctant to play Rance up the ground so he may likely get gov they may roll the dice and play Broad on Curnow which I bloody hope not because as much as broad has a crack that would be a mauling.

I reckon you guys will do very well this year you have some good tall forward options a fair bit of speed and decent mids Cripps is a jet. The biggest area for concern would be your back half in terms of size but I reckon you guys are going to surprise a lot of good teams this year.

Kennedy may play tomorrow if not definite next week. Just being cautious
O'Brien will be given a block of full games, keep learning his role and then into seniors with some real form. Coaches been great and all positive.

Great to see focus on development now at the club. Massive improvement. Expect names like TDK Schumacher Goddard Polson Kerr to be pushing for spots over next few weeks.

Marchbank Macreadie Lang Kruezer will be back by VFL Round One at the latest. Williamson close to that

Lots to like heading into 2019

Match up well. We have a better midfield and lots of options. I like it. 10 goal win coming up

Go Blues

PS even if fit I don’t reckon Docherty Kennedy Pickett Williamson Kruezer Marchbank would get a game. Good depth though
Our depth is as good as its been for ages now.

Bit concerned about the number that may have fitness base issues but a good side in terms of potential.

I’ve been out of the loop for a couple of weeks did many have Setterfield as a realistic chance given his fitness?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back