AFL Autopsy RND 12: Loss To The Suns

Remove this Banner Ad

Great game and lots of positives in a sea of Essendon Supporter blame that is about to come.

• Lesser players stood up
  • Our goal kicking let us down - not our inside 50's
  • We've now had a sampling of players in positions and can start looking at more changes for AFL listed players
  • We can improve with better output from 2MP, Stringer, Perkins etc. all down atm
  • Another run of goals against, that we fought back from

That's some uptake in a side that didn't play finals last year.

Our entries into f50 were awful. At this point, if it's not Caldwell going it in I feel like it's going to defenders advantage.

Not surprised our mids got blasted again considering we have been comprehensively beaten against Richmond and North who are garbage right now. Next week will be a 10+ goal drubbing if we show up how we've showed up the last 3 weeks.

Great game and lots of positives in a sea of Essendon Supporter blame that is about to come.

• We've now had a sampling of players in positions and can start looking at more changes for AFL listed players
  • We can improve with better output from 2MP, Stringer, Perkins etc. all down atm

To be fair, I thought the quantity of I50s was there but the quality of those were pretty ordinary. Not a lot of kicks favoured somebody.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Parish aint there

Hopefully this wakes up the haters
Parish haters have always been completely clueless. Our midfield has been embarrassed the last 3 weeks. Can't win a ground ball to save ourselves. Caldwell and Perkins cannot currently replicate what he brings and maybe never will.

i’ll probably have a wine or two tonight and chill out. I definitely won’t get my knickers in a twist over that game. I might check in tomorrow and see how everyone is coping in here

Midfield really poor again. You'd think there'd be some plan to get the ball down, to find forwards on a lead. etc....
Surely they train for that. It's not all just random simulation, etc.
Or even to get the ball to a forward in space 1 on 1.

All of our entries are to a contest.

GC kick it twice and their forwards are running towards the ball in space

Didn't watch the game but just eyeballing some stats our kicking inside 50 seems to been the biggest issue, along with our kicking for goal.

Looks like we worked hard enough but really lack a lot of composure in attack.

Similar story to the last few weeks really

i’ll probably have a wine or two tonight and chill out. I definitely won’t get my knickers in a twist over that game. I might check in tomorrow and see how everyone is coping in here
i'm gonna go to the pub for a fight

Our entries into f50 were awful. At this point, if it's not Caldwell going it in I feel like it's going to defenders advantage.

Not surprised our mids got blasted again considering we have been comprehensively beaten against Richmond and North who are garbage right now. Next week will be a 10+ goal drubbing if we show up how we've showed up the last 3 weeks.

Definitely a lot of fine-tuning needs doing going into next half of the season.

Disagree re: i50s. A lot of them were poor.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back