VFL 2024 - Reserves Game Day discussion Rnds 2 - 21 (Merged threads)

Remove this Banner Ad

It boggles the mind how our VFL side can be so terrible, even with a good showing of AFL quality players. What's going on exactly?

On SM-S906E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Inconsistent personnel, a lot of youth, and we don’t have a player than can consistently get 40 touches and kick a goal, while giving the team first use every week (in the mould of a Dow, Fisher, Nick Graham etc)

If we don't win this game with the amount of AFL listed players Power needs to go.
What a load of rubbish. Our VFL team is awful on paper with most of the talent being in their teen age years or senior players to be delisted.

When we had Dow, Setterfield etc running around our VFL team was doing just fine under Power's watch.

What a load of rubbish. Our VFL team is awful on paper with most of the talent being in their teen age years or senior players to be delisted.

When we had Dow, Setterfield etc running around our VFL team was doing just fine under Power's watch.
Our VFL has plenty of AFL experienced players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Power is doing a good job imo. We should get the chocolates today, slight breeze for us in the last.

Hayes has been exceptional, Carroll is trying so hard. Cuners is playing well, just needs to slot a couple and we get over the line.

While we are a terrible VFL team, there’s at least 7 guys out there who would be getting a game for most other clubs.

Pitto / Motts / Carroll / Cunners / Wilson / Marchy / Binns

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

How about Lachie Cowan. Just to name 1.

And if you can’t see the development in Billy Wilson… well you’re not watching closely enough.

Carroll has also grown this year.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think our defence has been OK, midfield good and forward line pretty ordinary.

Hayes BOG.

I think footy IQ is holding many back, not talent.

Lemmy when he gets to the right spots looks good. But he's in no man's land more than where the ball is going or where we are looking to go with it. Monahan is fine when he's in the right spot but that's rare. Moir is the same but for him I think it's fitness. Same with Motlop, I don't think he is fit enough. All have talent but no IQ and/or fitness. Mirkov actually positioning OK at times but has no skills.

Cuningham, Lord, Carroll, Binns, Wilson finding plenty of it. Players working hard getting to the right areas. Pittonett and Young are also reading the game well. Motlop is getting to the right spots but he's just not there fitness wise IMO. Akuei reading the game and playing well. Marchbank having a nothing game. Durdin the same.

We can win this we just need to keep running and get our forwards to fire.

Remove this Banner Ad

VFL 2024 - Reserves Game Day discussion Rnds 2 - 21 (Merged threads)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back