Preview Rnd 18 - Carlton v Hawthorn Sunday 22nd July 1.10PM @ Etihad - Final Team Post #352

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rogers may not have been much good but aren't these decisions made as a collective not just by one person?

Ultimately he is the responsible person for the selection. He gets direction from the coach on what he would like, he would report back on what is available and then should have the capacity to influence the decision which he signs off on. He is the one reporting to the board. The other thing to remember is when we picked up the Cats Luke Williams - he didn't even last 6 months so shocked at how bad Rogers department was.

SR will make excuses but ultimately he was responsible.

We are a chance today I hope. Sicily out is good for the football community as a whole.

Our disposal out of the backline with no Rowe, Lamb or O'Shea for the first time this year in some form should be significantly better.

Our lack of rebound out of defence is really hurting us...thats where you can really counter attack and get the ball moving quickly into f50 for scoring opportunities.

Simmo is literally the only one that provides this.

The other guys are makeshift...

I don't even know who our other small defenders will be looking at our line up.

We have Shaw, but then currently Graham and ed are listed at half back.

They won't play there, but no one else plays that spot naturally so it's a big problem for our defensive group cohesion.

Nice swipe by Woewoedin-like brownlow medalist Adam Cooney on Gameday that there are no easy wins for any team on the run home except those against Carlton

Based on results this year he's absolutely right and just stating facts.

Gc, Brisbane and St kilda have all shown something recently and gotten wins.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our lack of rebound out of defence is really hurting us...thats where you can really counter attack and get the ball moving quickly into f50 for scoring opportunities.

Simmo is literally the only one that provides this.

The other guys are makeshift...

I don't even know who our other small defenders will be looking at our line up.

We have Shaw, but then currently Graham and ed are listed at half back.

They won't play there, but no one else plays that spot naturally so it's a big problem for our defensive group cohesion.

As long as I don't have to watch Lamb take kick ins I will take it as a win at the moment :)

Way back in high school one of my mates was calling me Big Tall Dumpy Guy (i was one of those kids who grew like 50cm in 3 weeks in year 8). I abbreviated it for something or other and it became my go to thing when I needed to sign up for things but didn't necessarily want to give my real name/email - like Bigfooty back when I was lurking way back in the early 2000s

Then I started posting rather than just reading, etc... and never got around to anything better
This is your life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back