Preview Rnd 18 - Carlton v Hawthorn Sunday 22nd July 1.10PM @ Etihad - Final Team Post #352

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Serious question, when was the last time any of you guys/girls were really looking forward to a game?

Another vote for every week. Seeing Dow or Fisher surge from a pack, seeing Charlie fly through the air, seeing Cripps extract the ball with opponents on his back ... it's all well worth it for me. These players building is where our future is so I love watching games to see more signs of this happening.

There is a link so stay with this.

Years ago i watched Mark Harvey almost break down on air. He was that close but just held it together. Tears or no tears you could see he had no answers to the Freo shitness at the time.

So thinking of bolton.... he must have god fearing belief to survive this disastrous period as his zone D and transition looks just awful right now. We either have stumbled across the real ****ing deal with this guy; or he is some form of stubborn never leave door-to-door salesman type. I think we have the latter.

Just saying!

I watch live most weeks, at the ground when I can for most H&A G games, the occasional ES match. I'll watch the replay the next day if I do miss a game for whatever reason... wedding, 30th, family stuff, whatever. It's a little less appealing hitting play the next day when you know it doesn't end well but I still do it.

I want to see Cripps dominate. Charlie fly and then kick his clutch goals from 50m out towards the boundary. Fish duck & weave around players before finding space and kicking for goal. Samo stepping through heavy traffic. Dow bursting through, O'Brien improving at every outing, Pickett on the far side of the ground with space, Jones spoiling the impossible ball, Kennedy being Robin to Cripps' Batman, Simmo being Simmo, Kreuz just keep on truckin', Ed's face as he keeps running and running, Murph's classy ball use, Marchbank intercepting, Weitbot moving out of the beta phase, Plow doing his job (& not getting enough love), Harry taking the big mark (or running like a bloke his height shouldn't be able to do), Polson's frenetic pressue, Garlett leaping and stepping, Docherty cleaning up down back, Willo's raking left, Cuningham's burst, etc, etc.

I'm not expecting the win but I'll watch anyway, tell ya what considering their rarity the wins feel pretty good when they do come. I guess I'm kinda watching the individual game with a micro focus - players, development, improvement, etc - while reining the micro out to macro for analysis of the team/club.... that **** is about the long term, not what happens this week or the week after.

I just hope we have a crack and stick it to them this week, win or lose. **** the Hawks, Go Blues.

Serious question, when was the last time any of you guys/girls were really looking forward to a game?
I would say that question depends on the time of the week you ask it on this site, early in the week everything is terrible, mid week it turns to certain players in the senior team are terrible and some young kid out of it is brilliant an d then by late in the week we are a genuine chance!!

I watch live most weeks, at the ground when I can for most H&A G games, the occasional ES match. I'll watch the replay the next day if I do miss a game for whatever reason... wedding, 30th, family stuff, whatever. It's a little less appealing hitting play the next day when you know it doesn't end well but I still do it.

I want to see Cripps dominate. Charlie fly and then kick his clutch goals from 50m out towards the boundary. Fish duck & weave around players before finding space and kicking for goal. Samo stepping through heavy traffic. Dow bursting through, O'Brien improving at every outing, Pickett on the far side of the ground with space, Jones spoiling the impossible ball, Kennedy being Robin to Cripps' Batman, Simmo being Simmo, Kreuz just keep on truckin', Ed's face as he keeps running and running, Murph's classy ball use, Marchbank intercepting, Weitbot moving out of the beta phase, Plow doing his job (& not getting enough love), Harry taking the big mark (or running like a bloke his height shouldn't be able to do), Polson's frenetic pressue, Garlett leaping and stepping, Docherty cleaning up down back, Willo's raking left, Cuningham's burst, etc, etc.

I'm not expecting the win but I'll watch anyway, tell ya what considering their rarity the wins feel pretty good when they do come. I guess I'm kinda watching the individual game with a micro focus - players, development, improvement, etc - while reining the micro out to macro for analysis of the team/club.... that **** is about the long term, not what happens this week or the week after.

I just hope we have a crack and stick it to them this week, win or lose. **** the Hawks, Go Blues.

It's as good as you will ever see.

Super post of what most of us aspire to see when we do attend games at moment.
I want to see LeBois out there with 3 opportunist goals on debut. Am I asking too much ?

Look forward to every week because I know where we're at. If you expected lots of wins this year you haven't been listening. A lot of joy to be found in watching Cripps, Curnow, Fisher, Dow etc. develop.

Every week. I could not say the same for every week when Malthouse or Pagan were coach but still looked for the positives I could find even when was massive challenge.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If I know we are going to lose like this week then its easy to watch and look out for the 'good' bits. That's the plan until knucklehead commentators start talking non-stop crap then the game shits me to tears.

Considering we're on a Fox broadcast for the early sunday game, maybe we'll get Dunstall and/or Derm doing some commentating. At least they understand where Carlton is at and try to look for the positives (amongst the rabble), spot the glimpses of brilliance in the younger guys that we'll hopefully be watching for the next decade, as opposed to the "why are they playing Mullett/O'Shea/Shaw/etc? their team isn't even that old! they're the worst!" rubbish we get from most of the 'better' commentators.

One of the real benefits of not having 'prime time' games is that means no BT, Lingy, etc...

Considering we're on a Fox broadcast for the early sunday game, maybe we'll get Dunstall and/or Derm doing some commentating. At least they understand where Carlton is at and try to look for the positives (amongst the rabble), spot the glimpses of brilliance in the younger guys that we'll hopefully be watching for the next decade, as opposed to the "why are they playing Mullett/O'Shea/Shaw/etc? their team isn't even that old! they're the worst!" rubbish we get from most of the 'better' commentators.

One of the real benefits of not having 'prime time' games is that means no BT, Lingy, etc...

I lost it last week when channel 7 put up the two sides injury lists, left half of the blues of it and then said St Kilda are worse off for injuries and then followed up with the "average games played" and said the team were the same despite 11 of the blues 22 being under 21 compared to 5 of the St Kilda players - intelligent informed commentary shouldn't be that hard.

Yes but we might get Der-cocksmack-Russel!

I look forward to every game, every weekend.

Nothing better than watching the team run out sometimes. Takes your mind off the shit going on, helps you think of what could be.

It's fine. They've played shit the last few weeks, due to spring back to decent form with a quality win. We're still exactly as vulnerable to our senior players making mistakes in the back half of the ground as we are most weeks. It'll be hard to watch at times, as they'll pull shit out of their arse where we cannot get beyond the halfway mark of the ground. We'd need to pull a velociraptor out of a hat when looking for a pigeon to win this.

Still be good to see the side run out, like it is every week. Watch for the little things, see if you can something encouraging, whether it be a teammate in support after a free kick or a bit of play that nearly works from one of the kids.

If that seems a little sad, my response is, have you been watching us recently?

Let's see SPS have a good match, and continue to build. For us to win this, we need Fish and Kennedy and Samo to cover them in the middle, to be a complete set of players alongside Cripps, Ed and Murphy. We need for McKay and Charlie to lead in sensible ways, and to spread their defense to get their zone working for us. And we need to be precise with ball in hand out of the back half; we can be quick once we break back 50.

Hawks by 50, or Blues by 8.

Nope, just watched him in the SANFL and would love to see him play well for us

No wonder he's not doing well in the VFL, if you just watched him play SANFL. He's buggered come the weekend.

I look forward to every game, every weekend.

Nothing better than watching the team run out sometimes. Takes your mind off the shit going on, helps you think of what could be.

Do you sometimes think it'd be better if they turned around and ran back in while the song was still playing?

Just joking I look forward to and watch all of every game I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back