Preview Rnd 18 - Carlton v Richmond - Saturday 28th July - 7:40pm @ MCG - Team - Post #319

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
righto.

I was getting at how we are one of the youngest teams in the comp... continue the banter if you insist

PS: should have seen a reply like yours coming, it was inevitable :rolleyes:

I was only joking, yes your young list will improve no doubt about it and at least everyone knows how good Dustin Martin and Trent Cotchin are unlike north who have 3 memorable players, whose names currently escape me, players who are famous for challenging the tribunal, having a temporary shoulder issue and using twitter.

righto.

I was getting at how we are one of the youngest teams in the comp... continue the banter if you insist

PS: should have seen a reply like yours coming, it was inevitable :rolleyes:

Pretty sure that was a joke. And a good-hearted one at that.

Richmond will improve of course, but good luck finding someone on this board that'll enjoy it

I think the point MO was making is that it may be a long time (touchwood) before Richmond meet a Carlton team so depleted by injury (and suspension)

Pretty sure that was a joke. And a good-hearted one at that.

Richmond will improve of course, but good luck finding someone on this board that'll enjoy it

enjoyment from your supporters would be the last thing i would be expecting

I accept your point made blue and silver... the joke was asking for a reply.

nevertheless should be a cracking game on saturday night, won't wish your mob all the best at the slightest, but hopefully its a good contest

Lazy 8 goals for Mitchell this coming weekend.
Bell to eat one of their midfielders.
Graham to do what he does best and hand us dominance in the middle.

Henderson's year over
Kreuzer, who missed last weekend with a hip injury, has made a good recovery and will train today at Visy Park. Blues' general manager of football operations, Andrew McKay, said Kreuzer was ''more likely than not'' to resume against Richmond.

''He just had a muscle in the hip giving him grief, but he's been pulling up well. We think he should be right,'' he said.

Centre half-forward Jarrad Waite is likely to play for the Northern Bullants this weekend after aborting his comeback last weekend. While the back injury that bothered him all season is OK, he had quadriceps soreness last week.

''He was training and he aggravated a quad … but he's more than likely to play,'' McKay said.

On-baller Mitch Robinson is doubtful after being a late withdrawal last weekend with a calf strain. But Kane Lucas (hamstring) will be available and Zach Tuohy (back) is close to resuming, too.
Henderson's year over

If Kreuzer comes back, then Casboult might be a one or two game wonder like Wayde Twomey.

Casboult2Betts :eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Kreuzer comes back, then Casboult might be a one or two game wonder like Wayde Twomey.

Casboult2Betts :eek:

Surely they have to choose between Warnock or Kruez. You can't drop Casboult after coming in first game and doing a lone job in the ruck. He has to stay in.

If he misses you win, simple as that we are bad with him and diabolical without him at the moment.

Even if Maric does play, will be interesting to see how he goes at the stoppages going up against Warnock who should get his hand on the footy first.

yeah you're right, richmond have no room to improve and get better beyond this year... at all :confused:

but if you fail to beat a 50-50 Carlton side now, then you'll have to improve a truck load more to get over the hoodoo that we represent. ..

reports he does not train and is under doubt in the media.

1) has a groin, and club has publicly confirmed he's not training for the rest of the season. How extensive this is, no idea. i.e. might be doing just light training as opposed to playing xbox with Daniel Connors. Regardless, he ain't in ideal nick.

2) he didn't look great on Sunday. Some are therefore speculating that with season over, they may rest him for a week rather than risk driving him into the ground. No comment from the club on this though, just poster speculation.

Richmond lineup is based on last weeks and the potential changes i think will happen.

FB: Joseph, Jamison, McInnes
FF: Nahas, Riewoldt, Edwards
HB: Duigan, Watson, Yarran
HF: Deledio, Miller, Jackson -(Miller in for McGuane)
C: Scotland, Carrazzo, Gibbs
C: Grigg, Martin, Ellis
HF: Collins, Casboult, Robinson
HB: Houli, Moore, Dea
FF: Garlett, Mitchell, Betts
FB: Newman, Rance, Morris
R: Warnock, Murphy, McLean
R: Maric/Graham, Cotchin, Tuck

IC: Thornton, Armfield, Bell
IC Conca, Post, Maric

S: Tuohy (ease him back)
S: O'Hanlon

Good effort, only made a few minor positional changes. Only change I did insist on player wise though is I'd be stunned if Elton comes in for O'Hanlon. O'Hanlon is showing some promise, and Elton needs more development (first year CHF).

If we go in line this though, we lose IMO. Miller hasn't done enough up forward, and you backline will just have to kill Edwards, Nahas, and Jack - very achievable.

Also we are VERY short down pack, with just Rance and Moore. If you come in as you predict, not too bad, but if Keuzer is also in, we will be destroyed down back.

Personally I think our chances rest on King (for lil Maric) and Griffiths (for McGuane) coming in. Griff provides a real CHB option, allowing Moore to play third man, and King helps our forward line considerably.

BTW, if that giant spud Graham takes the field, start the Helen D'Amico nudie run celebrations, because its OVER for us (yes, he really is that bad!!)

but if you fail to beat a 50-50 Carlton side now, then you'll have to improve a truck load more to get over the hoodoo that we represent. ..

we're also missing (at this stage) Vickery, Grimes, Griffiths, Batchelor, Foley, King, White, and Connors. Not saying we have copped it anywhere near bad as your mob (i nearly felt sorry for you - Dad will punch me for saying that :p), but we are also out there with an undermanned and structurally stuffed line up too.

Pity, because I was really looking to seeing the two sides go head to head again. Now its almost a war of attrition, with only the slimmest of finals hopes to play for.

Had a sneaky look at this morning's closed session and noted that Kreuzer and Tuohy both training. Couldn't spot Robbo out there and also noted Mitchell doing some competitive work with Watson. I still expect Warnock in but not sure about Robbo. Blues by 40.

Had a sneaky look at this morning's closed session and noted that Kreuzer and Tuohy both training. Couldn't spot Robbo out there and also noted Mitchell doing some competitive work with Watson. I still expect Warnock in but not sure about Robbo. Blues by 40.
If Kreuzer is fit, I would expect him to come back in & Warnock would miss out. With Levi in the 22, I can't see us needing to play both Kreuzer & Warnock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back