Preview Rnd 18 - Carlton v Richmond - Saturday 28th July - 7:40pm @ MCG - Team - Post #319

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think we should lock down there mids, Gibbs and Carrots are excellent at the run with role while still gathering there own set of possession maybe let bell and robbo if fit get in the face of cotchin.

Would like to see Warnock and Luke in so that TBird can fill the hole in front of reiwoldt if required.

Would like to see Robbo, Bell, McLean, Carrazzoo just bang and crash all game.
Would like to see Thornton, Casboult and Mitchell all in the forward line.

Now that Hendo is out for the Season we should surely bring Mitchel in. Perfect time as richmonds backline isnt that great. Give him some games and senior experience for the rest of the year

Now that Hendo is out for the Season we should surely bring Mitchel in. Perfect time as richmonds backline isnt that great. Give him some games and senior experience for the rest of the year

Release the SQUIDDA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4031499134_d594346743.jpg

Mitchell isn't ready to take on the likes of Rance, Moore, Griffiths or McGuane. Leave him in the VFL to have a good run without the pressure off stepping up at AFL level. We would have to drop Thornton to promote Mitchell. Doubt that we'd make this call.

Casboult deserves a run as a forward/ruck. We need to see if he is worth keeping as a relief ruckman who can float forward and to kick goals.

Can't dismiss that as not being possible.

I hear Cotchin can't wait to join his mate Kreuzer at a real club.
Is that correct? :)

Why would the Richmond captain in making join Carlton? :0

That said, Kreuzer could always join his mate at Richmond :D

Mitchell isn't ready to take on the likes of Rance, Moore, Griffiths or McGuane. Leave him in the VFL to have a good run without the pressure off stepping up at AFL level. We would have to drop Thornton to promote Mitchell. Doubt that we'd make this call.

Casboult deserves a run as a forward/ruck. We need to see if he is worth keeping as a relief ruckman who can float forward and to kick goals.

Backline will be a major issue for us.

Griffiths and Batchelor are both listed as "test". Given his history, the club is ultra conservative with Griff, and Batch was initially mentioned as likely for a couple of weeks. Hoping Griff is back in, but wouldn't surprise if both are out.

If this is the case, we have Rance down back with Post and Moore. One with indifferent form, and the other coming back from a very long term injury - hardly an ideal situation if you get Waite, Kruezer, and Warnock all back in.

If we are throwing McGuane back there, party, because you know we are desperate and its all over. He's only getting a game because we have no other available forward options, and is now being thrown back because we are out of talls. Should be looking at delisting, but with your recent run you know this story too.

Hopefully King comes in so we can drop bloody Maric once and for all - but I wouldn't bet on it, another "test" candidate. Without him up there, Jack, Edwards, and Nahas will be our main goal target for you to cover.

If your hopefuls get in, think you will be able to stretch us too much with your talls, and you will rack up another one against us (and that just hurts writing that!)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i have a captains club membership was just wondering if i wanted to bring a couple of mates in how many guest passes am i entitled to and are they still 30 bucks (on top of entry fee) like they where last year?

Yeah just like he has the last 10 times you've played us. We are still getting over the emotional trauma.

We haven't beaten you guys since 2008!

Give him a chance he's only 22 :p

Last time he had 27 touches and 2 goals. That wasn't bad.

i have a captains club membership was just wondering if i wanted to bring a couple of mates in how many guest passes am i entitled to and are they still 30 bucks (on top of entry fee) like they where last year?
Your entitled to two guest passes, I purchased a couple for the hawks game and they were $20 each.

Your entitled to two guest passes, I purchased a couple for the hawks game and they were $20 each.
sweet do you need top organise them before game day?

If Carlton can shut down Cotchin and Martin, this will go a long in us taking the 4 points.
Army hasn't been in great form lately, but give him the job on Martin and tell him to get inside his head, niggle all day, etc etc....
Carrazzo to Cotchin. After my previous post, this seems more logical after having a think about it.
Will be a great test to see how far Cotchin has come with one of the best run with players on him.

Deledio is the other bloke we need to watch - Tuohy would have been ideal here. Maybe Gibbs as a defensive HF and we play through Gibbs to make Deledio accountable.

Warnock needs to stand up like he did in last years final against West Coast, and we need Betts & Garlett to kick 5+ between them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back