Preview Rnd 18 - Carlton v Richmond - Saturday 28th July - 7:40pm @ MCG - Team - Post #319

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

warnock in for bower. thornton or mcinnes for bower's role, levi forward.
could squeeze someone in for dale, depending who is fit (waite, robinson, a few to pick from there)
armfield probably has credits in the bank. probably need to wait until we see who comes up injured again.

I know we only kicked eight and Squidda kicked four of them but from that highlight package looks like he was involved in 2-3 of the other four too. .. Love his kicking style. ..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We will have to bring him in soon because that was against the top team and yet he was under no pressure - body on body etc, so he is not going to develop down there

Just going to write the team I'd like to see and others can decide what changes are made.

FB: Joseph, Jamison, McInnes
HB: Yarran, Watson, Duigan
C: Scotland, Robinson, Murphy
HF: Collins, Mitchell, Armfield
FF: Betts, Casboult, Garlett
Foll: Warnock, McLean, Carrazzo

IC: Gibbs, Curnow, Bell, Russell (s)

Just going to write the team I'd like to see and others can decide what changes are made.

HB: Yarran, Watson, Duigan
C: Robinson, Robinson, Murphy
HF: Collins, Mitchell, Armfield
FF: Betts, Casboult, Garlett
Foll: Warnock, McLean, Carrazzo

IC: Gibbs, Curnow, Bell, Russell (s)
I'd be keeping T-Bird in personally, to lead further up the ground than either of Mitchell or Casboult, and to swing back if required. Probably in for Russell for mine.

Or he could replace one of the Robinsons I guess, as good as he is, we only need one.

Warnock will rise to the occasion of being the #1 Ruckman.
Robinson will play, and Henderson is very likely, as is Touhy.
Outs will be tough, but Dale will miss. Bower and Russell deserve to keep their spots on last nights form, but so do Thornton, Bell and Joseph.

Think we need to go Carrazzo to Cotchin, and Armfield to Deledio. Joseph to resume hostilities with Nahas.
to have his adductor release surgery this week and will be out for the rest of the season.

Yeah thanks for that.

Bring in the Squid! GET AROUND HIM!!!
Like every game the midfield is crucial. So if we can bring in Mitchell and our midfield gives us reasonable supply we'l win.

OUT: Russell, Bower, Dale, Curnow
IN: Tuohy, Warnock, Mitchell, Robinson

Richmond lineup is based on last weeks and the potential changes i think will happen.

FF: Nahas, Riewoldt, Edwards
HB: Duigan, Watson, Yarran
HF: Martin, Miller, Jackson -(Miller in for McGuane)
C: Scotland, Carrazzo, Gibbs
C: Grigg, Cotchin, Deledio
HF: Collins, Casboult, Robinson
HB: Houli, Moore, Dea
FF: Garlett, Mitchell, Betts
FB: Newman, Rance, Morris
R: Warnock, Murphy, McLean
R: Maric/Graham, Tuck, Post

IC: Thornton, Armfield, Bell
IC Conca, Ellis, Maric

S: Tuohy (ease him back)
S: Elton

I think we have them covered everywhere. I don't think there midfield will be able to give there forwards enough supply to hurt our defense. Will we kick a winning score? I think we will over power them if we have Mitchell, Casboult, Thornton roaming as talls. They won't be able to handle the height, and then secondly the speed with Betts, Garlett and Armfield who will play a forward tag on Newman. If we come focused and intent on tackling and pressure i say we win no sweat. I.Maric may be out due to his groin issues so Graham may be rucking. We should cover them in the mids, backline should hold Riew and Nahas. All we need is Casbah and Mitchell to clunk a few marks and they'l be flipping 2 extra down back.

That very well may happen, but as someone mentioned earlier, if you don't beat us this time around at our most weakest, then I'll suggest you guys won't beat us for quite a while to come ;)
yeah you're right, richmond have no room to improve and get better beyond this year... at all :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back