Preview Rnd 18 - Carlton v Richmond - Saturday 28th July - 7:40pm @ MCG - Team - Post #319

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will be interesting to see what type we chose with our first selections. Our older group being Waite, Scotland, Judd, Thornton and Carrazzo are a mix of types. Would have to say that group is midfielder dominant. Fair chance the key position players we need are already on our list so not really sure we will be going after any/many. Holes currently are onball and key position forwards. We have young key position forwards in the VFL with Rowe, Casboult and Mitchell with Waite a good player when fit and Henderson capable of playing a role up forward. I think we our group will be very successful if the tall forwards are played as a group, not just one or two in the team. The tall backs seem covered. Watson looks the goods, Jamison might be strugling but is a good player, Henderson is a good defender and McCarthy is developing but needs time like talls usually do. The more I look at it the more I can see that we need onballers. I can't really see any high potential onballers coming through our VFL team though I feel Buckley may end up there. Dangerfield/Ziebell/Watson/Thompson type onballers are what we should be targeting. Would love to see us snare a young ruckman late in the draft as well for development purposes. I think we should focus on guys who can win their own ball and that are capable of winning big numbers and demonstrate a good footy brain as well as guys who have a good build.

me stuffing around, not as polished as id like, but i only did it cause i was bored lol

Nice work Wookie. .. Would have put Watson in as a hero on the rise as well and maybe left Dale out as you then repeated his moment anyway. .. Seeing all Watto's late spoils in a package would be a highlight for the defender in me not to mention his precise kicking. ..

Nice work Wookie. .. Would have put Watson in as a hero on the rise as well and maybe left Dale out as you then repeated his moment anyway. .. Seeing all Watto's late spoils in a package would be a highlight for the defender in me not to mention his precise kicking. ..

yeah getting the watto ones out takes more effort though lol. I'll be doing a better one with mcinnes as well

Did Duigan do enough to keep his spot?

I'm not convinced, but we do lack a general down back with Laidler out. And he's a favourite of the coaches.

B: Duigan Jamison McInnes
HB: Yarran Watson Gibbs
C: Scotland Mclean Collins
HF: Garlett Thornton Armfield
F: Betts Casboult Russell
R: Warnock Carrazzo Murphy

I/C: Bell Curnow Bower Sub: Joseph

Bower gives us some flexibility with McInnes able to play forward.

In: Warnock
Out: Dale

Robinson in for Russell if he comes up.
+2 Except I cannot see AJ being sub (will take Edwards? Leaving Yazza on Nahas?) Maybe Curnow will be Sub - I do not think Bower is Sub material and I would want Army in for his pace

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hard to call this one on the back of our injury list. Be huge if Hendo, 2e, robbo and/or Kruzer/warnock were available. Mitchell might also be a chance but would that mean that t.bird would have to miss?
Can't see us playing all of Watson,Mcinnes,dale,bell.casboult and Mitchell in the same side, unless ratt''s has given up on the season, which I don't think he has.

It would also be worth knowing if the MC have put a line through rusty, emu and t.bird. I'd like to see Russell retain his spot and play the old chief wiggins role as a lead up half forward.

Thoughts?

You'd be crazy not to leave Bell, Casboult in the team.

Warnock comes straight back in (considering we need a ruckman), and I assume Bower will make way for him.
If Robbo is fit, then I assume Dale will make way for him.
Lastly, if Tuohy is fit, then you would expect that Russell will make way for him.

Casboult stays in (as he showed last week that he can jump and clunk a few, and even if he doesnt mark he showed he can run and jump into a pack thus causing the ball to hit the ground. If our players know that Casboult is able to provide a contest by contesting with one or more opposition players in the air, then our players will wait at ground level to collect the spillage instead of going up for the mark or spoil themselves)

Bell needs to stay in the side as his bone crunching tackles will make the opposition think twice once they get possession of the ball in tight situations)

Well, at least we know he wouldn't spray one across the goal-face to win us the game, would he?

Yeh, great to see collins doing well & may it continue
Gonna be a tough one this week,

Us by a whisker

I Really like Watson down back, he seems lost when playing Forward and doesnt seem to know when to time his leads and basically is non functional, but down back he is becoming a real rock and a major player for our future. My 1 think is that yes he can kick the cover off the ball but he kicks alot of floaters and it looks like he is trying to hard to kick it long, he needs to just kick it normally and try to kick it 50 meters rather than trying to kick it 60 everytime and kick floaters and balls that dont hit there target..I will prob get shot down for saying this but thats ok..

Great to see Andy C doing well. Didn't watch much of the game on the weekend (can't handle Brian Taylor or Luke Darcy) but Casboult looked like he could be a player as well.
What are the chances of Robinson back this week? Waite? Kreuzer? (not fantasy footy-related questions, just genuinely interested at the tracking of these guys)

Great to see Andy C doing well. Didn't watch much of the game on the weekend (can't handle Brian Taylor or Luke Darcy) but Casboult looked like he could be a player as well.
What are the chances of Robinson back this week? Waite? Kreuzer? (not fantasy footy-related questions, just genuinely interested at the tracking of these guys)

According to yesterday's CFC injury update Waite, Tuohy, Kreuzer, Robinson and Lucas all listed as 'Test'. Read into that what you will.
Henderson 'To Be Assessed'

According to yesterday's CFC injury update Waite, Tuohy, Kreuzer, Robinson and Lucas all listed as 'Test'. Read into that what you will.
Henderson 'To Be Assessed'
Thanks for that. Forgot about Henderson. Would be a good inclusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back