AFL Autopsy RND 19: Beaten by the Crom

Remove this Banner Ad

We aren't good enough to miss 10 easy goals a game. They kicked very well too. Caldwell was very strong when we were battling and was playing well he was a big loss when it mattered. Saw some signs Caddy was getting ahead of himself and then he proved it...

This loss puts us exactly where we belong in the ladder order and that's healthy for the group IMO.

It's the hope that gets you. The hope that this time will be different. The hope that it will change. The hope that people will learn and change

It's always the same old story. This team. My ****ing life. It's always the same

Die Leave Me Alone GIF by The Sean Ward Show

Was a mistake to bring Goldy in for Wright at Marvel.

We lack speed in the forward line. Gresh a better 2nd half but Guelfi not up to it.

Should have won that. Too many brain fades in the 2nd quarteAlmost carbon copy of last year, chance for 2nd only a week ago, be lucky to make the eight.

Only silver lining is hopefully catalyst to delist a few.

Was disappointed tonight win or lose.

Our zone D at times was woeful as was defending transition.

Structurally around the ball we got smashed, even though the clearance numbers don’t suggest it.

Our forward half pressure was non existent.

Some really poor 1 on 1 defending in defensive 50 and multiple times we just shat the bed.

Can’t win a game like that.

I’m most disappointed in myself for letting this team actually get my hopes up, only to dash them again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't wait for the we are getting a lot right for the future speech Brad, and how are playing 2 ruckman every week going for ya mate, smashed in the hitouts and clearances once again. Ray Charles can see it doesn't ****ing work campaigner, but hey continue with you cause 1 game it just may work out for ya and you can say I told you so.

On SM-S921B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Need to move on and upgrade Hep Kelly McGrath Lav Stringer Goldy, Lav is he strongest of them and there’s others to go off the list but that’s a start

Frustrating loss, I think we tried to slow the game with far too much time left on the clock.

Two rucks vs one and we were minus 11 in hit out.

Skill level is a real concern. Give up goals from fumbles and direct turnovers far too often. We were also unable to control the game when we had to. Missing goals and efficiency going forward also factors into our lack of skill.

Our effort and fitness is an improvement on Brads first year. We pressure the ball well and don’t really give up. Props in improvement in that area.

This was a bad loss, that any true contender wins, but who really believed we were in that category? We know what needs to happen. There are some obvious holes in our list and plenty of players that need to be overtaken. All of our best are young bar Merrett.

How we don't get someone back in the goalsquare to defend is under 12 stuff
The lack of IQ stings again. I think it was Laverde who took off chasing his opponent who was never going to get it. Meanwhile when Martin hack kicked at the death toward the goal the Crows had two players in the goal square to our one from memory.

Another play in the last 5 players were drawn to a Crow in their forward 50 who had the ball but forgot Fogarty who was able to get in space and kick the goal. We need to iron out the moths to the flame and unfortunately it seems only recruitment is where it will be fixed as it is a blatant obvious problem multiple coaches haven't been able to fix. Baldwin is one who is good at smart positioning, Ant pointed out Duursma but not to many others.

This club really is an embarrassment. Im embarrassed to be a supporter. Im embarrassed to be associated with it. I love the club but **** this. Why even bother turning up.

15 points with 7 minutes to go and couldn't control the game.

Another game we literally should have held all the power in (better small defenders over there small defeforwards, 2 good rucks versus one ok ruck, key forward power against a side with 2 KPD down, the midfield was arguably better on paper)

Question the clubs ability to stop being sanctimonious and make some tough calls

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Autopsy RND 19: Beaten by the Crom

Remove this Banner Ad

Back