AFL Autopsy RND 19: Beaten by the Crom

Remove this Banner Ad

The thing is we actually over cook the defensive effort. We are that keen to make some sort of impact that we just rush the ball carrier or contest and end up like a pack of dogs chasing a frisbee. As soon as one forward makes a defensive error we can not fix it and scramble all over the place but no thought goes into it .
It is like keystone cops. If being dumb was a contest we would be top 4 but still manage to find a way to finish second in the dumbass cup .

Hard to know where to turn to after that

I think its shown weve got gaping holes. Maybe Caddy can save us and hopefully Kako

Liked what i saw from Cox. Durham very good and Redman, Langford

Id rather never see Kelly again this year. Menzie and Gresham are poor

Pulled a few big levers and it didnt do anything
The worrying thing is we don't have guys to turn to that are essentially robbing Peter to pay Paul.

Drop Shiel and his big thighs to bring in the beanpole Tsatas and he cant kick. You drop Wright and play Draper / Goldstein as a 2nd KPF we lose any fwd IQ inside 50 etc etc etc

The depth we supposedly have really isn't as good as we think it is

The real worry is Adrian Dodoro will bring in more c grade free agents cause #CapSpace and show we can push for a finals spot
Give it a rest . We may bring in more shit but Dodoro is not making the decisions. It will be on Scott / McPhearson / Rosa .
Take the bloody tip .

There are so many things I could go on about with how disappointing the last couple efforts out have been.

But genuine question - why was there no goal keeper on our line that would've prevented the Rachele goal?

Same thing stopped the Martin goal at the other end, our fundamentals/finishing details just aren't there.

We're either missing finals or scraping into the 8. Both results are irrelevant.
Who knows where we go with this group. They had a legitimate shot at a top 4 spot this year and completely blew it. Doubtful they'll get a shot like that again, it doesn't come easy.
B. Scott should've thought better of taking this job. It is a career destroyer.

There are so many things I could go on about with how disappointing the last couple efforts out have been.

But genuine question - why was there no goal keeper on our line that would've prevented the Rachele goal?

Same thing stopped the Martin goal at the other end, our fundamentals/finishing details just aren't there.
well Langford was closest to goal but ended up being accountable for a man and Jake Kelly ended up being the loose player and

1721396951756.png

i don't think a goal-keeper was needed. our loose player being able to influence the marking contest was needed. crows did well to make sure langford wasn't the loose I suppose

maybe Laverde should have bolted for goal as soon as the ball hit the ground to be the goal-keeper, but I dunno. we just needed to grab the ball and we should have with a loose player

Why does the 8 year plan include topping (McKay and Duurs don’t count, actually half Decent afl player) with oldies and then playing the likes of Hep, Laverde, Kelly, Goly and so on so much. Why hasn’t Hayes been given games. Where Roberts. **** me dead every club is blooding players every year and we just don’t. Yet we gift Perkins games and gift a spud like Menzie a new deal.

Scott can’t hide behind this 8 year BS when we have guys in there prime and a gun like Merrett. Do some coaching ffs. Get Martin up the ground, make a statement and get Draper out of the ones.

I care to much about this shit when the record has been broken so badly for 20 odd years. There are no ****ing answers anymore.

Just rewatched it,
The stoppage was well outside the 50. Durham misses his foot with the ball, they have an extra at stoppage we have the free man Langford standing 10 metres from goal, crows fwd mans him up freeing up Kelly who was probably 35 Metres from stoppage, he let the ball over his head and didn’t impact at all. Then Rachelle kicked the goal.

It’s not as simple as to say Langford should be on the goal line because that doesn’t take into account how the oppo wants to set up.

What do you want your free man to be on goal like or In hot spot.

well Langford was closest to goal but ended up being accountable for a man and Jake Kelly ended up being the loose player and

View attachment 2052877

i don't think a goal-keeper was needed. our loose player being able to influence the marking contest was needed. crows did well to make sure langford wasn't the loose I suppose

maybe Laverde should have bolted for goal as soon as the ball hit the ground to be the goal-keeper, but I dunno. we just needed to grab the ball and we should have with a loose player

Kelly’s inability to pick up the flight of the ball was terrible

View attachment 2052877

Minute left after a stoppage on the wing and look how open the F50 was. That structure is straight ass given the context of the game

Draper, the character , used to be a goalkeeper . How has he made it this far in this “elite” competition and still kick like a three year old ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1721397694872.png

At the contest we have Kelly doing what? This positioning is just awful. Not close enough to impact the stoppage. Not far enough back to effect the i50

1721397812909.png

We get to the wide angle and it seems we have another loose sitting at the top of our 50
Why we only have 6 players in there and it not flooded with 10+ I will never know

Give it a rest . We may bring in more shit but Dodoro is not making the decisions. It will be on Scott / McPhearson / Rosa .
Take the bloody tip .

I couldn’t give a shit who is making the calls (for the record, I desperately want to believe you that Dodor isn’t influencing list decisions anymore), but whilst he is at the club the optics he brings will continue..

Sam McClure might be right and EFC has backflipped. Maybe the fairytale is flogging this dead horse till we win a final but jinxed to not win one whilst Dodoro is at the club

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Just rewatched it,
The stoppage was well outside the 50. Durham misses his foot with the ball, they have an extra at stoppage we have the free man Langford standing 10 metres from goal, crows fwd mans him up freeing up Kelly who was probably 35 Metres from stoppage, he let the ball over his head and didn’t impact at all. Then Rachelle kicked the goal.

It’s not as simple as to say Langford should be on the goal line because that doesn’t take into account how the oppo wants to set up.

What do you want your free man to be on goal like or In hot spot.

And just to be clear. We didn't have a loose in defense. We let them go 1=1 with no sweeper and no flood of the d50.

Brad without the R

And just to be clear. We didn't have a loose in defense. We let them go 1=1 with no sweeper and no flood of the d50.

Brad without the R
Our loose was Kelly. It was supposed to be Langford, but crows manned him creating Kelly loose, that’s why I suspect he didn’t make it to the stoppage. To play on their extra. His positioning was bad, but Durham missing the footy with his boot didn’t help either.

I think your getting too caught up in the “goal keeper” theory, we gave up a lot worse goals than that one tonight.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Autopsy RND 19: Beaten by the Crom

Remove this Banner Ad

Back