AFL Autopsy Rnd 3: 61 point loss to Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Gwilt hitting up an opposition player with a laser pass
Are you sure that wasn't a DVD of "Errors by Gwilt"? Because I don't think that happened that often.

The AFL's attack dogs were worth a good 30 or 40 points to them and they still couldn't beat us by more than Gold Coast's effort. 61 keks.

Who comes in for Jerrett?

I'm not an Ambrose fan but he was pretty reasonable tonight. Deserves another game next week. Gleeson was good in defence as was Dea. Cooney put in enough effort to warrant another week. Jerrett had a bad match but I'd give him another chance given how good he was last week. Leuenberger was very good and is getting better every week.

Brown is out of form - could use a week or two in VFL to get some form if McKernan is fit next week.

Kommer just has to go. Stokes could use a rest next week. Hopefully Laverde will be ready to go.

Shit loss, move on. Kommer and Crowley out next week, I'd tentatively put Ambrose there as well if McKernan's fit. Need Grima next week to play on Hawkins.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good effort when we could have been blown away.The Robbiegray FC definitely had more of a look than us when going for the ball after qtime. sure they had it in the bag but its not ideal being a hero at home for one quarter

Dropping Merrett would be a bit of an overreaction I think. In a season where we should be playing younger guys much more than usual, would be very knee jerk to drop him based off this game.

Observations:
  1. Hopefully that was the worst quarter we play for the year, so much undisciplined sloppy play in the first.
  2. Our ability to land a tackle was woeful today, really need to stick them if we're going to stop fast running sides like Port.
  3. Loved Parish energy, was one of the guys that tried all game.
  4. Zach Merrett kicked so many pancakes that I'm fairly sure Pancake Parlour sponsors him.
  5. Tippa continues to build, love watching him play.
  6. Kelly killed it, really good add this year.
  7. Jackson Merrett should be first dropped, just woeful today, have been a big fan in the past when playing off the wing but losing faith.
  8. Our ability to put a ball to a lead this game was terrible, maybe the forwards weren't working hard enough but every i50 didn't even look like our forwards were ever a shot of marking it.
  9. Thought Gray, Broadbent and Pittard were really impressive for Port tonight.
  10. Our defense as a whole needs to do better, too many loose men finding their way through and easy marks.

Wasn't the worst thing I've ever seen... I once saw a man with a fungating carcinoma of the penis - looked like a melted candle... how did he ever let it get that far gone...

Of course I had to google that.

Still not as bad as that first quarter.

Dropping Merrett would be a bit of an overreaction I think. In a season where we should be playing younger guys much more than usual, would be very knee jerk to drop him based off this game.
Merrett's a whipping boy. Doesn't matter that in the 3 games so far he's had one okay game and one very good game, because he played a shit one he's out.

Jackson was really really bad tonight. Don't know who you can hand on heart say deserves to be dropped more with a serious face.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Autopsy Rnd 3: 61 point loss to Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back