Preview Rnd 3 - Carlton v Fremantle Sunday 4th April 3.20PM @ Etihad

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jack Carrol should debut. Come in and show some fire. Put a light into our youth in their third and fourth seasons who haven't come on.

I would so love that, but the kid just isn't ready yet.

A lot of people want to swing the axe and believe me, I get it.

One thing to keep in mind for those who want to drop Casboult, is that you probably need to bring in someone who is capable of playing in the ruck. Due to TDK being injured, that is either McDonald or McKay becomes the 2nd ruck by default. I'm not sure the latter is ideal. I agree Levi looks underdone, but perhaps now we've given him a couple of runs he will work into it? He has been shithouse though and if he would benefit from not playing I think he needs to go. Is Oscar going to provide more than Levi toward a win? If the answer is yes atm, go with him.

I personally would drop Murphy. I was excited about playing him forward and not having to rely on him as one of our main mids, but his impact has just been poor. I have usually been able to forgive his limp dick efforts because he brings other weapons, but a senior player like him is either performing or they are not and I think his softness and lack of defensive ability is actually worsened being up forward. I've run out of patience with his weak tackle attempts and general pathetic efforts, it sends a bad message and it's just bad footy. I could maybe excuse him if he's getting involved, bulleting passes and snapping nice goals, but he's doing jack shit. Gone.

I have been a pretty big defender of Plowman, both on this board and IRL but I'd can him too. I can accept trying and failing, particularly as a defender, but what I cannot accept from senior players is laziness and I thought he was going through the motions against the Pies. Him laughing with De Goey, after being embarrassed multiple times and having shitloads kicked on him disgusted me. If you think that's funny and it's all a joke, **** off back to the reserves Lachie and see how fun that is. I think he's crucial to our side, but it's also crucial that we send a message that losing and shit efforts are not to be laughed about. Piss off for a week or two.

Given our injuries, I'd go with this...

Out with a kick up the arse: Plowman, Murphy
Out injured: Martin, Fisher

In: Betts, Cuningham and take your pick out of Silvagni (would be nice if fit), Carroll, Stocker or Parks

Our two biggest recruits in terms of dollars, McGovern & Martin, will be watching from the stands. So much for our gun recruiting...

Williams would be on more per year and Saad close.

$51 MCC visitor tickets now. Stick it to the punter

If people who can afford a couple of hundred to go on a waiting list, $1000+ to join and $750 annually are considered 'punters', I'd be surprised. More like the elite... It's also a different stadium to your membership and you're still being looked after, so is it really that bad?

Jeez.

On what basis? He's been spoken about with nothing but positivity. What makes him different from a Gulden or Campbell?

Yep, other teams reward first year players who are showing something. I have no issue. The kid isn't a lightweight.

On what basis? He's been spoken about with nothing but positivity. What makes him different from a Gulden or Campbell?

He is an under ager mate he only turned 18yo 3 months ago FFS ... kid has barely grown into his skin yet.

Sorry for the intrusion. Im honestly really surprised to see so much negativity on your board about your team/coach.

I thought you played darn well in rd 1, playing really excited footy. Yes you played badly against the Maggie's, but so did we rd 1 against the dees. The injuries to Martin and Fisher hurt, but Mckay could be anything, Walsh is a gun and you have a jet in Saad coming out of the backline. I think your team needs to probably be a bit more defensive, but the right ingredients are there to build a solid team.

I think GC, Freo and Carlton are about on the same level atm being a young team slowly climbing..and then you have Sydney who can turn it around in 2 years! Should be a good game Saturday.
We will best you easily. Apologies. But we just will. It won’t be a contest.

He is an under ager mate he only turned 18yo 3 months ago FFS ... kid has barely grown into his skin yet.

1617105729803.png

I get what you're saying, but keep in mind Jack has already played senior footy, much like Errol. If he's playing well enough, reward him because a few of the incumbents aren't putting up good enough performances to stay in that's for sure...

I reckon he is a player and has good temperament, will do just fine when given the chance IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 1090117

I get what you're saying, but keep in mind Jack has already played senior footy, much like Errol. If he's playing well enough, reward him because a few of the incumbents aren't putting up good enough performances to stay in that's for sure...

I reckon he is a player and has good temperament, will do just fine when given the chance IMO.

12 cms shorter and almost the same weight, Gulden has a much stronger physique. You want to put Carroll in the guts up against grown men .... sure why the hell not. Seems feasible.

Sorry for the intrusion. Im honestly really surprised to see so much negativity on your board about your team/coach.

I thought you played darn well in rd 1, playing really excited footy. Yes you played badly against the Maggie's, but so did we rd 1 against the dees. The injuries to Martin and Fisher hurt, but Mckay could be anything, Walsh is a gun and you have a jet in Saad coming out of the backline. I think your team needs to probably be a bit more defensive, but the right ingredients are there to build a solid team.

I think GC, Freo and Carlton are about on the same level atm being a young team slowly climbing..and then you have Sydney who can turn it around in 2 years! Should be a good game Saturday.
pretty sad an opposition supporter thinks more of us.............than us!

Sadly we know us better than he knows us............
i blame the marketing dept and covid

they get money out of me every time.
Like a crim selling hopium diamonds

only to find out 2-3 games in they're fugasi

Mcgovern is mistake

longshanks wrong son

So was Thomas in his first 3 years - McGovern has the class to win a match and actually knows how to lead to take a mark and is a better than decent kick from 40-50 - if he is wrong I'll settle for his wrongnesss. SOj/Cuningham/Kennedy are otjhr equally capable forward mid rotations - Eddie can hold his own - lots and lots of alternatives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back