Remove this Banner Ad

B: Armfield Jamison Thornton
HB: Scotland Waite Bower
C: Gibbs Hadley Simpson
HF: Stevens Cloke Houlihan
F: Betts Fevola Fisher
OB: Hampson Judd Murphy
I/C: Carrazzo Kreuzer Pfeiffer Edwards
How many goals will that forwardline kick against Michael, Ryder, Fletcher, etc.?

Hille will bob up with two goals like King did last night and stretch our defence when he's forward.

Bolz is right, three rucks is too top heavy when it's Kreuzer debut match and he's likely to come up against Fletcher or Ryder when he plays forward.

If Carrazzo is so fit, make him run with Stanton and negate an opponent for once.
overratted
Lloyd will kick at least four on Jamison this week.

How many goals will that forwardline kick against Michael, Ryder, Fletcher, etc.?

Hille will bob up with two goals like King did last night and stretch our defence when he's forward.

Bolz is right, three rucks is too top heavy when it's Kreuzer debut match and he's likely to come up against Fletcher or Ryder when he plays forward.

If Carrazzo is so fit, make him run with Stanton and negate an opponent for once.

thats providing lloydy gets 4 free kicks!!

neway, how does waite fit in here??

why do we play jamo at FB then, o'hailpin could clearly keep him to 2 or less, thornton could keep him to none

(Log in to remove this ad.)

why do we play jamo at FB then, o'hailpin could clearly keep him to 2 or less, thornton could keep him to none
dw man. its a bit pessimistic imo to say that jamo will get 4 goals kicked on him. setanta got 5 kicked on him last time, and thornton would no no better.

They've got one threat up forward, and then their forward options dry up. If we play well, we'll get over the top of them.
Expected better from you HBF, our forward line didn't function that well today but last week we managed to pile on the goals. It wasn't just Lloyd who kicked them either.

The game will be one and lost in the midfield i have no doubts about that. You certainly have the edge in that department but I'd say we have you covered else where. If we can win a fair amount of the ball we will win, if you kill us in the midfield like Geelong did you will win easily. The ruck duel will be quite interesting imo as Hille and Cloke are similar types of players. I'm just hoping this isn't Judd's big game to kick start his season.

Ryder will almost certainly get Fev, Mal to Fisher or your 2nd big forward.

I don't think we will really tag anyone other than obviously Judd. Knights pretty much went head to head vs Geelong today (besides Ablett) as we are trying to develope an attacking gamestyle. I think this game will tell us alot about where the 2 teams are at.

Exactly right. Why doesn't Waite take the opposition best forward, in this case Lloyd? He is easily carltons best defender and he did a fantastic job against st kilda against riewolt.
its a bit of a waste to put waite on lloyd though. Lloyd plays out of the goal-square, and so it nullifies many of the athletic attributes we love to see Waite play up around the midfield.

its a bit of a waste to put waite on lloyd though. Lloyd plays out of the goal-square, and so it nullifies many of the athletic attributes we love to see Waite play up around the midfield.

yeah, fair point there bolz. We need Waites run off the half back line to help set up the forwards.

Wouldn't be at all suprised to see Waite line up at CHF against Essendon

If that happens, Ryder is a certainty to go to Waite and Fevola will beat Michael on the lead, Fletcher will play on Fisher.

If Essendon go with McPhee at CHF, then Banno can play on him, Banno could also run with Watson or Dyson or Stanton, all an option.

I'd like to see Waite at CHF providing a target, if it's not him, then Cloke play a permament CHF with Hampson and Kreuzer rotating through the ruck all night.

Wouldn't be at all suprised to see Waite line up at CHF against Essendon

If that happens, Ryder is a certainty to go to Waite and Fevola will beat Michael on the lead, Fletcher will play on Fisher.

If Essendon go with McPhee at CHF, then Banno can play on him, Banno could also run with Watson or Dyson or Stanton, all an option.

I'd like to see Waite at CHF providing a target, if it's not him, then Cloke play a permament CHF with Hampson and Kreuzer rotating through the ruck all night.

I'm sure I'm not ill but I actually agree with you :eek: ;)

I'm quite surprised to see some of the selections here having Setanta out of the side.
Gehrig kicked 4........normally kicks 6 on us and the first was a blatant push in the back.

Banno has been in our top 3 for the first two weeks, beating Deledio and keeping DalSanto quiet.:thumbsu:
Won't be dropped, and one of few guys in our midfield than can run for four quarters.

Bentick? Another underdone mid into the rotation is asking for trouble.:thumbsu:

Kreuzer in, for Edwards. Disappeared after a promising start.

Play Kreuzer and Hampson most of the game - one seocnd ruck, the other resting in the F50. Hampson especially should start int he goal square and lead up. Too quick and tall for ANY backmen.

If we lose this week its going to be a VERY long year.

Finally some sense.

It really all depends on how underdone Bentick is, the only way I can see Bentick playing is we leave out Hadley for some fitness in the Ants, thus replacing an underdone midfielder with another, so, we're not carrying too many underdone players, although we probably already are.

No way can we drop Setanta, if there's no defensive matchup for him, swing him forward, provide another target up there, if Michael, Fletcher and Ryder man Fev, Fisher and Waite/Cloke, then if Setanta swings forward, who is going to man him?...

It really all depends on how underdone Bentick is, the only way I can see Bentick playing is we leave out Hadley for some fitness in the Ants, thus replacing an underdone midfielder with another, so, we're not carrying too many underdone players, although we probably already are.

No way can we drop Setanta, if there's no defensive matchup for him, swing him forward, provide another target up there, if Michael, Fletcher and Ryder man Fev, Fisher and Waite/Cloke, then if Setanta swings forward, who is going to man him?...
Nash.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Rnd 3 Vs Dons

Remove this Banner Ad

Back