AFL Autopsy RND 4: Dons Demolished

Remove this Banner Ad

Every year it's the same shit. We knock off dawks, norf, etc
Maybe have a "breakout" win against 'aints or whoever, have a chance to make a statement (even if we don't win) and what happens. We shit the bed.

2.2 in a half.

Talk about boys against men.

Some of those guys should forefit there match pay.

I've been following the Bombers since the mid-50s including that awful time in the early 70's but have never seen an Essendon team so devoid of skills. They can't kick, can't catch and then you have blokes like Stringer who don't even know the rules. We need to keep on drafting because we are nowhere near it.

Need to put this behind us as quick as possible and use it as a reality check. It's less about what happened tonight and more about how we respond if we are to see if we've learned anything from last year. Big microscope on the club in the coming weeks.
Take the positives and work on the negatives.

Positives: We didn't allow port to move the ball as easily from D50 for a shot on goal as we have from games earlier in the season. We finally have a true KPD who can stop strong KPFs kicking bags
Negatives: Got beaten up around the ball, midfield stopped working back in D. Bunch of passengers who need to lift.

Hope Scott drops a couple of players. Can't drop a heap as we don't have the depth, but it also kills team cohesion. Do we have a fit small forward to replace Menzie?

Connor Rozee was so good, especially when there was still some heat in the game in the first half.

Oh My God Reaction GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

Time to see what Bryan can do in the ones. Drapers way too inconsistent to be a walk up start in the ones. Need to select based on form.

weve seen what bryan can do.

it isnt any good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've been following the Bombers since the mid-50s including that awful time in the early 70's but have never seen an Essendon team so devoid of skills. They can't kick, can't catch and then you have blokes like Stringer who don't even know the rules. We need to keep on drafting because we are nowhere near it.

Wow, I've been following since about '79, hate to think how old you must be, no disrespect intended.

Caldwell can hold his head high.

McKay was very good

Duursma and Martin kept trying.

Our skill level is horrible. I canā€™t name 5 blokes who are good kicks. We gave our forwards no chance to impact the game.

Setterfeild was way off it tonight, goldy and Draper were beaten by one bloke, Merrett and parish got beaten comprehensively and their defensive efforts were at times atrocious.

How do we only offer Massimo one year.

Defensively we've been the same all year except for the second half vs St Kilda. Tighten the defence and Essendon are beat. Bulldogs, Port and Geelong smash us the same way every time.

This club will never amount to anything as long as they get thrashed like this. Even average sides haven't seen a 69 points loss in years and this is the 3rd 69+ loss in 6 games. Inc preseason it's the 4th 10 goal+ loss in 8 games. Can't even be bothered cleaning up the margin.

Time to see what Bryan can do in the ones. Drapers way too inconsistent to be a walk up start in the ones. Need to select based on form.
Goldstein was a liability tonight too. At least Draper tried a few things to lift the team.

Draper was shit, and his efforts completely dropped off in the last qtr. The issue is, we probably would've done worse with Bryan replacing Draper in this game. Bryan has been underwhelming in the VFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Back