C: Kieren Jack, Jude Bolton, Lewis Jetta
HF: Nick Malceski, Adam Goodes, Andrejs Everitt
F: Craig Bird, Sam Reid, Ben McGlynn
Foll: Mark Seaby, Josh P. Kennedy, Ryan O'Keefe
INT: Hannebery, Parker, Roberts-Thomson, Smith

In: Roberts-Thomson, Smith, Goodes
Out: White, Armstrong, Rohan (inj)

Bump...

Nice day looming in Melbourne, hope it's the same in Launie, a wet ground is probably not what we want...

In order to add some balance to the Hawthorn based discussion, the Swans will be hard to beat (I trust this satisfies any visiting Swans fans, disturbed at the lack of focus on the Swans on the Hawthorn board)

Still some conjecture on whether the 22 named will line up as stated, or if any of the emergencies may step in. We will know 90 minutes before gametime, I think...

I like the ins and outs this week, I feel confident every player can contribute whilst the outs were the 4 passengers last week.

I like the ins and outs this week, I feel confident every player can contribute whilst the outs were the 4 passengers last week.

Think we match up well with them, like the look and balance of this weeks side a lot better than last week,confident we can get the job done, looking for big games from Buddy and Cyril, would like to see Rough play 70% forward this week and provide stay at home target

Can't see Hodge playing his first game in a game like this with no lead up conditioning..... but it is Hodgey.

Swans formline is impossible to read. Yes, they're unbeaten, but the wins over GWS and Port were far from convincing, and the Freo game almost slipped from their grasp. Who knows if they've really improved on last year's model, which we beat convincingly a couple of times.

If our squad lines up as named, and that's a big 'if', I reckon it should be a good win to us. If Birch & Hodge don't make it, it may be tighter. But if Puopolo diesn't play then we may struggle. I reckon we'll need his pace, possibly to go with Jetta if he starts getting off the leash.

All up, pretty confident we'll get the job done, just not sure by how much!

Bump...

Nice day looming in Melbourne, hope it's the same in Launie, a wet ground is probably not what we want...

WeatherZone says no rain since Wednesday and only a small chance of rain today. Cold though (15C max). Can anyone from Launceston give us an update?

Assuming any more than 6 losses likely means no top 4, you'd think being 2-3 would make the top 4 and therefore the premiership very doubtful.

I know it's early but this one is a must win. Lose and we're a long way back.

Assuming any more than 6 losses likely means no top 4, you'd think being 2-3 would make the top 4 and therefore the premiership very doubtful.

I know it's early but this one is a must win. Lose and we're a long way back.

spot on must win game, cant afford to drop of the pace this early. NO EXCUSES

Win today and we could go as high as 5th depending on % and still only be a game out of top 4..

Lose and we stay 10th just behind the Cats..

Bombers wont finish top 4 as they will be out of top 4 in the next few weeks, Swans should drop out soon too, i really cant see them finish in top 4.

We are only a win away from 4th spot so not all doom and gloom like most like to think, but it all starts today we must beat the over rated Swans...

Everything in our favour this week...

Aurora

Great ins

GREAT OUTS

I think the forward line will function much better with Brock back to take the bulk of the ruck, Hale and Rough to share the forward / 2nd ruck role, Sydney don't really have a monster to trouble us down back. Reid's spring will trouble Schoey, but I back the kid to do a good job. Aurora not an easy ground for a young key forward also...

Franklin needs to run riot... poor kicking for goal has sapped a bit of confidence. If he can take a pluck or 2 early and kick truly look out!!!

A good ruck combination and good key forwards can hurt Hawthorn.

Swans have neither. Hawthorn by 44 points.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JD on AFL Insider a week or so back said that Hodge would never be brought back through Box Hill.
Said he was too valauble to risk.

Hope we see him today.

Everything in our favour this week...

Aurora

Great ins

GREAT OUTS

I think the forward line will function much better with Brock back to take the bulk of the ruck, Hale and Rough to share the forward / 2nd ruck role, Sydney don't really have a monster to trouble us down back. Reid's spring will trouble Schoey, but I back the kid to do a good job. Aurora not an easy ground for a young key forward also...

Franklin needs to run riot... poor kicking for goal has sapped a bit of confidence. If he can take a pluck or 2 early and kick truly look out!!!

If Puopolo kept Hurn to 7 disposals people would be screaming about him and making threads on the mainboard and considering who he should take out of the game next week.

Bruce does it and he cops this. It's as bad as the crap Murphy gets, yes they're probably not in our best 22 anymore but at least respect them when they have a good game :mad:.

hearing whispers that birchall won't be playing today, anybody in the know?

How on Earth does one get into the mix of "hearing whispers". I hear voices, but most relate to fire, not late changes.

Seriously though, you have inside info about our team & I'm on the couch in my undies... What am I doing wrong????

How on Earth does one get into the mix of "hearing whispers". I hear voices, but most relate to fire, not late changes.

The voices I hear are related to the imminent alien invasion of the lizard people.

I'm glad to see Broc get another chance, I think he deserves it. Obviously not an ideal swap with Birch however.

Will be watching Hale, I think Broc offers more but we shall see today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back