Game Day Rnd 5, Hawthorn vs Swans, Aurora Stadium 29th April

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
not a bad hit there by hodgey....too bad it was on his teammate gibbo! hopefully just winded, should be right the for 2nd half

good game of footy this. roughy obviously the standout, has been fantastic for us so far

Schoey playing well.

Hi guys, checking in from Abu dhabi international here !

On route to Manchester

Is shoe on Reid ? He usually plays well on him works up to the wing

Swans fan on main boards is dismayed their star is bein flogged by the bigfooty whipping boy.

Obviously doesn't watch too much footy

So when is Clarko gonna bring the sub on? Is he gonna wait until ten minutes to go in the game? Is he gonna leave the best player in the afl out of the forward line so we can lose another close one? All will be seen soon.....

Half time change:

IN: Forward Buddy
OUT: Midfield Buddy

He's looks like a duck out of water in the midfield and has almost zero impact.

He has to play midfield for structure. We are playing Hale, Roughead, McCauley together. It's hard to play 2 of those and then buddy as well up forward.

Half time change:

IN: Forward Buddy
OUT: Midfield Buddy

He's looks like a duck out of water in the midfield and has almost zero impact.

No one else will give him any credit (particularly the media), but I reckon Clarko will be pretty happy with Buddy's game so far.

Selfless, tough and disciplined. It's no coincidence Roughy has kicked 5.

Buddy needs to go forward. Him and Roughead down forward would mean kicking to a 3 on 2 would have no risk as the ball is certain to go to ground and our crumbers can quickly get in for the spillage. Structures probably limit this idea I guess with McCauley and Hale.

Defensive pressure has been great, our tackling has been excellent. Breust has been the best of the tacklers for mine, really tackles hard and limits any chance of the ball being disposed of. Buddy also providing some good pressure.

Roughead forward is just great to watch, 5 goals, almost all of them from contested marks has been something we have lacked this year. Buddy should take note of how Roughead uses his body. Roughead is best on ground for mine at half time, providing a strong option going forward and also doing some nice things in the middle when he's thrown into the mix.

Hodge needs to lift, think he will be handed the vest for Puopolo. Done a few things but has also taken out Gibbo and just doesn't look like he is travelling at 100%

Schoenmakers has been great. Attacking the ball, taking some good strong defensive marks and using the ball well. Very please with his game so far

WOW MCG is empty today, this game should have been played at the G, its really sacriledge that its in Tassie, no offence to tassie but still, shouldnt the afl put one game at the G today???? seems ridiculous

Are you trying for stupid post of the day?

You're getting there

:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good contest to half time ... Roughead the difference at this stage. Ossie got major corkie at the half hopefully he can work through it .. Gibbo had a tough second quarter rolling his ankle and then collecting friendly fire from Hodge ... Hodge's attack on the ball has been excellent hopefully he can win a bit more of his own footy in the second half.

Go Hawks !!

We are over possessing big time.

Sewell & Guerra think they have all the time in the world.
We are obsessed with handballing .
Rioli playing well just needs to learn how to be a hog.
Shoey playing well as is Gibbo (hope he's ok)
Roughead is killing it.
Nervous when the ball is in our back 50.
This game will go down to the wire.
Buddy needs a rocket from Clarko to fire up.

Outscored them by a point in the second quarter. Not a bad result since it looked like we were going to let them back in.

Roughy 5 goals to half time makes me go :D:thumbsu:

Pretty disappointed to only be 20 points up to be honest. Really looked sharp at stages and look to be a class above the Swans as long as we don't fluff it ourselves with bad errors (see Bruest's dropped mark) or silly frees. Had the chance to really put a big gap on them by half time but some sloppiness from us combined with some generous umpiring has conspired to make it a tussle.

Really think we are out tackling them and out pressuring them but they don't seem to get penalised nearly as easily as we do when the boot's on the other foot. Extremely frustrating.

All in all though there are positive signs. Hopefully we come out with whips cracking after half time and nail the first couple as I think we could really torch them if we play to our best.

Some great signs from Rough, Shoey and Burger in particular who are all playing great games.

Roughy is showing great strength and mobility. What has really surprised me is his accuracy. Awesome
Sammy and Hodge very quiet. Hodge is candidate to be subbed mid way through third, or 3Q time I reckon. Sure we can carry him for match fitness, but we need to get it into Poppy as well.

Shoey standing very tall today.

Whitey, well he's being closed down, and not having his best game in a while. Still contributing.

Thats just ridiculous. Based on one game where he missed a shot, and we happened to lose. Have a look at his goal kicking last year.

Interesting isn't it? Breust's defensive pressure game has just rocketed; from basically nothing last year, to what we're seeing today. He has almost a quarter of the team's tackles to half time. Clarko would be over the moon me thinks. Once Breust eliminates a few of those brain fades and merges his offensive game with what we're seeing today, he'll be quite the player. As for people calling him soft, gee...

No one else will give him any credit (particularly the media), but I reckon Clarko will be pretty happy with Buddy's game so far.

Selfless, tough and disciplined. It's no coincidence Roughy has kicked 5.

close-up_of_hammer_hitting_nail_on_head_600-00066977.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back