Autopsy Rnd 5, Hawthorn vs Swans, Aurora Stadium 29th April

Remove this Banner Ad

If we accept our list has the necessary talent, I can only think of 2 reasons for this rubbish.

Either our players are are weak and gutless (possible).

Or we are badly coached with a game plan that stifles talent, does not stand up under pressure, does not capitalize on periods of dominance, cannot stem momentum when it's against us and for some reason always devolves in the last quarter of tight games to mindless bombs down the line over and over again to contests we do not win (most likely).

Either way, this team gives us nothing to be proud of.

Really disapointing, Few questions why is Osborne still playing ?, why does Cyril go missing in big patches ?, what the hell is wrong with Buddy and why were we playing Roughead in the ruck in the last quarter when we have Hale and Macauley and he was the only one who was capable of kicking a goal ?

OK. Swans ran Hawks legs off with only one on the bench in the last quarter. Swans intensity was fantastic; great smothering. Hawks useless in the ruck - ball went consistently to the swans even when our rucks got a hand on it. We looked old and slow.

11 goals to 2 in the 2nd half. just pathetic

no leadership out there when we needed it. senior players were absent or non existent. a terrible effort all round. cyril just doesnt do enough, sure his 30 second cameos each quarter look good and get us excited, but we cant keep relying on that to win us games of football. he's not the only one who was poor today

disappointing day for the club. take nothing away from sydney though, they were immense and just wanted it more. their battle hardened players took us apart, goodes and kennedy killed us especially in the 3rd quarter

Just lol...that's all i can do...reading an article about how Hawthorn want to turn Aurora Stadium into a fortress this morning...what a joke...that was sh!t...i better not read anyone talking about Sydney like they did about West Coast last week...once again I want those 3 hours of my life back.

Sydney are very good - the hawks are not
Longmire is a very good coach - clarkson is not
Sydney have, led by Kennedy have a midfield that is prepared to work hard - the hawks do not
Sydney has heart - the hawks do not

Franklin was exhausted by half time - he had nothing left to give
Did shiels Play today

You know what - I just can't be bothered - there is just so much wrong with that team ATM that I dont know where to start.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Diabolical after half time. Non competitive.

How often are 'premiership contenders' so comprehensively overwhelmed like that?

Time to turn off the television for another week...

Horrible game to watch. So many clangers, poor decisions and disposals.

Not sure whether the trip back from Perth took it's toll, but we looked flat and horrible for the majority of the game.

We must start to use Franklin better. We've reverted to bombing it on top of his head with a guy on each arm.

Thoroughly outplayed.

If we accept our list has the necessary talent, I can only think of 2 reasons for this rubbish.

Either our players are are weak and gutless (possible).

Or we are badly coached with a game plan that stifles talent, does not stand up under pressure, does not capitalize on periods of dominance, cannot stem momentum when it's against us and for some reason always devolves in the last quarter of tight games to mindless bombs down the line over and over again to contests we do not win (most likely).

Either way, this team gives us nothing to be proud of.

We have a winner!

Sewell and Mitchell MIA when the game was turning in the third again.
Not much to say on the leadership then.

Weak effort. Disappointing.

Some massive, massive soul searching required.

You can actually hear the doubts out loud now churning in the players heads. It isn't a matter of if we get the wobbles anymore..........it is a plain as day fact that we get the shakes when we take the lead and a decent opposition decides to fight back.

We have the ability to take the lead against 3 very good sides. We don't have the mental capacity to beat them.

Wow! Didn't see that coming!

Some major bonehead errors resulting in direct goals to Sydney. Osborne's free, Bruest's dropped mark. These were at crucial stages of the game.

What is the purpose of playing Buddy in the middle? Just because he can doesn't mean he should! He was cooked by the time he went forward. F-me!

Not many Hawks wanted to take the game on. Always looked for another option in the forward 50.

Too many Hawks getting caught with the ball, not adapting to the pressure the Swans applied. Flat footed still weighing up options. Hard to watch.

Cyril - go for goal! Don't dish it off so someone can stuff it up!

our game plan is an out and out utter disgrace. Even when we lead by 20 in the second...we had no lead up targets out of defense and no forward line whatsoever! I've never seen Guerra and Suckling look so lost with ball in hand.

Buddy on the ball is clearly a failed experiment. Playing with 3 rucks is also a questionable strategy.

Very disappointing .. Sydney didn't let us get our game going .. too many clangers .. too many fumbles really was a terrible performance after half time. Seems to me kicking and hoping is going to result in it coming back over your head. Sydney wasn't doing anything fancy just looking to make a stoppage at every opportunity and then winning the stoppage. We couldn't generate any space and refused to look for open players .. we continually bombed it long and ball came to ground and we lost possession.

We play dumb footy under pressure.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Rnd 5, Hawthorn vs Swans, Aurora Stadium 29th April

Remove this Banner Ad

Back