Preview Rnd 6 - Carlton v Hawthorn Sunday April 28th 3.20PM @ UTAS - Team Post #1331

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do people want to make changes after a great win? Not sure that sends a good message

If Cuningham was available next week, would you bring him straight back in or make him come back through the VFL?

Never lost his spot. Comes straight into the team on the back of a great pre-season. VFL would be insulting.

Of course. Polson or Cuningham?
You don't wait until you lose to realise; Gee, we really should have.......

Proactive not Reactive

giphy (36).gif

VFL. Missed a month and we won. Great sign when players have to earn their spots again even after injury

Of course. Polson or Cuningham?
You don't wait until you lose to realise; Gee, we really should have.......

Proactive not Reactive

Absolutely. With only 17 matches to go, there really is no time to waste; if they are fit, get our best players out there and let's ****ing win games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And Polson did nothing.

I don’t agree but even then we are still about development. Guys like Polson need games and in blocks and that’s what we have done

JMO but I wouldn’t make any changes. What a great sign that would make.

If we have Charlie Cuningham Williamson Kennedy Stocker etc running round in the 2’s pushing for a spot surely that makes the players in the 1’s perform?

Big picture

I don’t agree but even then we are still about development. Guys like Polson need games and in blocks and that’s what we have done

If we have Charlie Cuningham Williamson Kennedy Stocker etc running round in the 2’s pushing for a spot surely that makes the players in the 1’s perform?

Big picture
Charlie will never play 2's.

Why does everyone pick Cuners when (a) we have no idea where his kidney is at and (b) he hasn’t played in four weeks... I mean I know he’s too good for
VFL, but he might need to blow the cobwebs out.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

a) it's in his abdomen (I hope)
b) can blow them out on the training track and then in the AFL

He's a very good footballer who won't be short in terms of miles in the legs.

Correct.

Always be looking to improve.

Is there really any other way though?
If you're not doing that, you'll always be chasing tail.
Sure, some here may say, "You're anti-Polson" but that doesn't make sense as otherwise one may be seen to be anti-Cuningham.

Cuningham may not be good to go though and Williamson may not have a post open to him just yet after a long comeback.
That's fine but surely we don't pat ourselves on the back and announce no changes just for the sake of it after one win. We have no reason to be that arrogant. Just pick the best team for the opponent at hand.

Big picture

On the basis of that logic I'm all for dropping Cripps this week.

I think I’m with Soapy in that I wouldn’t change the team given we won and we looked balanced.

The problem is that if Cas has a complete shocker or Polson goes unsighted then there will be some yelling and screaming from the cheap seats. But you do have to reward the guys who put left their blood, sweat and tears on the park.

I do though think that Charlie, Cuners and Will makes us a three to five goal better team when in form.

True. But he may not be match fit. Will have done zero contact work in the last month.

Gallery from Thursday shows him with ball in hand in what looked like a contact drill, probably not full contact, though. We haven't had an update from Russell in the last week, so this debate may be moot, but given the image I am optimistic that he will be ready for Hawthorn.

I just really like Cunners. He's a beautiful player to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back