Preview Rnd 6 - Carlton v Sydney Saturday 29th April 2.10PM @ MCG - Team post #802

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 26, 2004
CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"
15095096_10154685486098334_5304967623183736417_n.jpg

Not looking forward to this game at all.

Ins & outs.

Go for it.

Probably need another mature body in the middle. Maybe a Graham or Kerridge. Both have severe limitations but our midfield didn't cope with the tsunami.

I'm totally on board with playing the kids, but I want us competitive so they can develop at both ends. How do we develop our forwards if it goes down there 4 times a quarter?

I think pickett needs a spell. Needs to put a couple of consistent NB's games together before he comes back.

Depending on tomorrows performances, either cuningham or Gallucci in.

Also probably time for weits to go back. KJ to come in and get a good run at it.

Kreuzer in if fit.

OUT - Jacob Weitering (Rested), Harrison Macreadie (Rested), Andrew Phillips (Omitted), Jarrod Pickett (Omitted), Simon White (Omitted)

IN - Dylan Buckley, David Cuningham, Kristian Jaksch, Matthew Kreuzer, Nick Graham

MILESTONE - Patrick Cripps (50 Games)

FB - Tom Williamson, Lachie Plowman, Sam Rowe
HB - Dylan Buckley, Caleb Marchbank, Sam Docherty
C - Kade Simpson, Patrick Cripps, Zac Fisher
HF - Nick Graham, Charlie Curnow, Samo Petrevski-Seton
FF - Jack Silvagni, Levi Casboult, Matthew Wright
R - Matthew Kreuzer, Marc Murphy, Bryce Gibbs

I - Ed Curnow, David Cuningham, Kristian Jaksch, Cameron Polson

E - Harry McKay, Dale Thomas, Billie Smedts

Weitering has been knocked left, right and centre. Dropping marks, tiring out too easily and has heaps of pressure mounted onto him. Such a valuable player needs to be properly managed. A week on the sidelines to get himself right for the filth is what is required.
Macreadie was missing for half of the game and he too looks exhausted. A week or two for recovery.
Phillips doesn't do much around the ground. Can tap to advantage but rarely happens. Drops easy marks and easily nudged out of a contest by smaller players. An omission will see him needing to lift more.
The leniency towards Pickett now needs to disappear, he can't balance out his speed with his ball control. Fumbles and makes a few silly mistakes. He also sort of requires us to move the ball to open space which is becoming a rarity. Not the sort of player we can afford to have on the field at the very moment. Reserves for him.
I'm absolutely confused as to what role White has. He can take a nice mark, but his kicking is questionable and turns the ball over a little too often. Reserves for him as well.

Buckley in to adds some run off half back and also to apply heaps more pressure on the forwards. Cuningham for some more run and dash on the wing. Jaksch could fill in for Weitering for the week and might just get a few more opportunities to prove himself. Kreuzer an obvious return for Phillips and Graham should get at least another shot at it. Him in open space and linking up play could be good. He could even find the big sticks, which is what we desperately require.
Most likely Thomas would come in but I think its best we moved on from him.

Last edited:
OUT: Maccredie, Phillips, White
IN: KJ, Kruezer, Kerridge/Graham (depending on VFL form this week)

FB: Williamson Rowe Plowman
CHB: Doc Weitering Simmo
C: Kerridge Cripps SPS
CHF: C.Curnow KJ Wright
FF: SOSOS Cas Pickett
FOL: Kru Murph Gibbs
INT: E.Curnow Polson Fisher Marchbank

Put Weitering back, give KJ a crack at it to see if he is good enough and bring in more grunt into the midfield with Kerridge. Looks a far more balanced side to me on paper. Gallucci also very close to replacing Pickett

Out: Macreadie, Pickett, Phillips

In: Jaksch (FFS I cant spell his name) or McKay, Thomas and Kreuzer

We need as many mature bodies as possible so Daisy and Kreuzer are straight back in for me

They know we're coming....can you smell what the blues are cooking? #believe. #boundbyblue. #iamcarlton....If we can't beat Sydney then lets make em cringe!!!

You forgot "Your Goodes is Good but our Betts is Better"

We will be a lot lot better next week. The MCG on a Sunny Saturday afternoon and I expect a close game.

I hope we don't panic at selection and stay the course. If a kid needs a rest then fair enough. It's a balancing act now and trying to get games into them.

Like to see Cuningham come in and Kruezer if fit. The rest is just shuffling the deck chairs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seems that Kreuzer coming back is the no-brainer.
After that? We'll have to wait and see.

One or two of the young guys may be rested, so that can throw things out a bit.
A good game from Cuningham today, should make for an easy call-up.
Feel for Sheehan as he would have been playing had have he not injured his knee......pity.

Looking forward to how the guys back up after a poor result.....I am...

Kruezer for Phillips obviously .
Spotlight on Cuningham today with Wright ìn poor form recently and Jaksch also as Weitering could go back to replace White .

Struggled last few weeks. Seems to be his issue. Plays some good games and go missing. Pity as one of the better ball users and we need the ball in his hands. Needs to stand up

Other concern for me is Simpson. I'm a massive fan but well down on usual output this year. I hope its just a bad patch but at his age questions start being asked

Cuningham is what we need. Another kid but he works so hard in and under. Will help Cripps

Struggled last few weeks. Seems to be his issue. Plays some good games and go missing. Pity as one of the better ball users and we need the ball in his hands. Needs to stand up

Other concern for me is Simpson. I'm a massive fan but well down on usual output this year. I hope its just a bad patch but at his age questions start being asked

Cuningham is what we need. Another kid but he works so hard in and under. Will help Cripps
Playing a different role this year Suds. The additions of Marchbank, Macreadie & Williamson means he spends his time on the wing now.

Playing a different role this year Suds. The additions of Marchbank, Macreadie & Williamson means he spends his time on the wing now.

Probably right. Form is a bit concerning though. The issue is going to be when our better mature players don't stand up we will really struggle. Lot of pressure on Murphy Gibbs Simpson Curnow Wright Kruezer to perform each week. If they don't results like last night will happen.

I sometimes wonder if we have those senior players that will step up when needed and drag the side with them. Cripps last night seemed to be that guy. Just wish more would help him

interesting watch later this afternoon for the VFL side.

time to play Weitering down back and end this forward experiment.

Keep SPS, Fisher and Pickett in this week to expose the lack of speed of the Swans. We need to protect Cripps for this game because Swans will target him as they did in the first fixture last season even though Cripps monster them in the second game at the SCG.

i think Palmer will come in to add experience in the midfield and forward half. Depending on today's game i would bring in Mckay and just keep him in the goal score. we dont have enough targets inside 50.

This will be a huge test for our young brigade now. Without Murphy and Gibbs for extended period. Worst case Gibbs 6 weeks, Murphy 12 weeks (if a serious meniscus tear with surgery). Another ****ing Murphy injury. This is bullshit. Cuningham and graham need to come in OR Thomas, Palmer for some experience and leadership. The remaining games this year are going to hurt Cripps, were in for a long year starting with Sydney who will use us as a stepping stone back to the 8.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back