Preview RND 9 - Carlton v Melbourne Sunday 27th May 3.15PM @ MCG - Team Post #391

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: RND 9 - Carlton v Melbourne Sunday 27th May 3.15PM @ MCG

Don't go early.

Bower or Watson could replace Henderson if he's injured and doesn't come up for Sunday.

Melbourne team

B: James Frawley, Jared Rivers, Clint Bartram
HB: Jack Grimes, Colin Garland, Tom McDonald
C: Rohan Bail, Brent Moloney, Sam Blease
HF: Jack Trengove, Jack Watts, Brad Green
F: Jeremy Howe, Mitch Clark, James Sellar
FOLL: Mark Jamar, Lynden Dunn, Nathan Jones
I/C: Jamie Bennell, Jordie McKenzie, Daniel Nicholson, James Magner

EMG: Joel Macdonald, Luke Tapscott, Troy Davis

IN: Rohan Bail, James Sellar, Lynden Dunn, Daniel Nicholson
OUT: Liam Jurrah (ankle), Aaron Davey, Colin Sylvia, Cale Morton
How can you NOT respect Armfield ????

Seriously - where does that even come from.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:
Strong ratio of smilies to fishing for a bite.

I have as much respect for Armfield as I do for Russell or anyone on the list. That doesn't mean I have to rate his game.

so glad bower is dropped and to see thornton is out of the team because of injury and not ommission

Poor form. Bower was one of few to give a yelp last week, and would have been a great candidate for Watts.

Have to wonder why we are playing Joseph and McLean over Lucas. Sends a poor message. Three ruckman McLean amd Curnow leaves us a bit vulnerable for mine...Melbourne should run and gun at all costs.

We're too small down back! I would've preferred Watson over Joseph

Blues make five changes

Carlton has named five new faces in the 22 man line-up that will take on Melbourne this Sunday at the MCG.
It will be a battle of the rucks as Rob Warnock, who missed a majority of the pre-season recovering from dual shoulder surgeries, will play alongside teammates Mathew Kreuzer and Shaun Hampson for the first time this season.

Also making their 2012 debut is Blues forward Andrew Collins, who managed just two senior games in 2011 after succumbing to a season ending shoulder injury.
Experienced midfielder Brock McLean also comes into the Carlton line-up alongside tough defender Aaron Joseph and young Western Australian rookie Josh Bootsma who made his debut in Round Six against GWS.

Blues make five changes

Poor form. Bower was one of few to give a yelp last week.

A bit unlucky, Bower. The only player who tried to take the game on last week, but unlike Yaz, who sometimes will run himself into strife & then stop & take stock of what to do next, Bower just keeps going & disposes of the ball in a hurry, not always to our advantage.

We're too small down back! I would've preferred Watson over Joseph

I was told by my sorce that he wasn't playing, turns out my club sorce is no good (hangs and shakes head at ground) I'm thinking the weather conditions over the weekend may have a bit to do with why AJ is playing, but don't take my word for it mate, I'll just slink off now to the naughty corner.

too small down back,

would have preferred watson over joseph, since davey is not playing

this game would have been ideal for lucas me reckon

Looks like the match committee are trolling.. Aaron Joseph, in. Pfft.

Have to wonder why we are playing Joseph and McLean over Lucas. Sends a poor message. Three ruckman McLean amd Curnow leaves us a bit vulnerable for mine...Melbourne should run and gun at all costs.

Melbourne don't have a lot of run, that is part of their problem, even less run with the lazy Davey being dropped.

Joseph, McLean & Curnow over Lucas indicates an intent to be a bit harder around the contests, something that Lucas doesn't offer.

Joseph offers hardness? Did you watch the St. Kilda game? I'm going to call him margarine, because he's softer than butter.

with murphy out

reckon ratts and co are gonna tell judd to be the outside player in murphs absence

thats why mclean is in as well as ratts telling us that robbo will be back in the midfield

Joseph offers hardness? Did you watch the St. Kilda game? I'm going to call him margarine, because he's softer than butter.
right cose one game is a gudie into a player, :rolleyes:... gibbs got chopped up that game, as did the whole backline do we drop all of them? so chill out AJ is a soild player,you no what your getting...

was good to see Aj throw his body around in the 2nds last week ,was odd he knocked over magan who is 94kg :eek:

does anyone buy into the idea we can have ellard,dirty brock,curnow,AJ,armifled in the one team an win more games then we lose...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

right cose one game is a gudie into a player, :rolleyes:... gibbs got chopped up that game, as did the whole backline do we srop them? no chill out AJ is a soild player,you no what your getting...

was good to see Aj throw his body around in the 2nds last week ,was odd he knocked over magan who is 94kg :eek:

Heard of spellcheck ?

too small down back,

would have preferred watson over joseph, since davey is not playing
Or are Melbourne too tall?

They named eight talls and rucks to Carlton's five.

Someone like Joseph and Armfield will be needed to play on Bennell and Jones.
this game would have been ideal for lucas me reckon
We probably have enough runners. With Murphy out, Curnow probably received a reprieve to bring us another clearance player. Mclean and the match committee will be praying that it's this wet on Sunday. Judd, Simpson, Scotland, Curnow, Robinson, Mclean and Ellard v Trengove, Jones, Magner, Blease, Bail, Nicholson and Dunn. Bit shocked that they didn't bring in Tapscott who is solid and hard at it.

Yes he had a shocker against St Kilda, but then he wasn't Robinson Crusoe that night. His performance wasn't about lack of hardness, it was about not being confident deep in defence, which is nothing new for AJ.

Joseph has demonstrated on a number of occasions that he is prepared to put his head over the ball & I have no doubt, given the right role in the team, we will see him do it this weekend.

final changes for Carlton

IN: B.McLean, R.Warnock, A.Collins, A.Joseph & J.Bootsma

OUT: B.Thornton (Gluteal Strain), J.Russell (Omitted), M.Murphy (Shoulder), N.Duigan (Calf) & P.Bower (Omitted)

glad Collins is getting a run...

Couldn't wait any longer!

I like to see a few boys get a run like Collins and Bootsma, however i can't see why Mclean gets a run. Yes he is knocking on the door with great games in the 2's but how many chances do we give him in the 1's, he comes in and is slow, doesn't show the grunt he was know for. Would have been better giving some other kid a chance against Melbourne.

As for Bower, my opinion this is a poor selection move to drop him. As much as we have been bad the last couple of weeks, Bower for me is at least one player who has tried to take the game on, taken chances to make something happen and he hasn't been that bad, I could name more than have done SFA the last three weeks.

A bit unlucky, Bower. The only player who tried to take the game on last week, but unlike Yaz, who sometimes will run himself into strife & then stop & take stock of what to do next, Bower just keeps going & disposes of the ball in a hurry, not always to our advantage.

Have to agree with this. Bower provided alot of run out of the backline against Adelaide (one of the few) and did hit targets up the ground.

Perhaps a late reprieve if Hendo doesn't get up.

Have to agree with this. Bower provided alot of run out of the backline against Adelaide (one of the few) and did hit targets up the ground.

Perhaps a late reprieve if Hendo doesn't get up.
i agree here out of all the poor performances i dont think bower should have been one of the first dropped after last week.

and can see him in for hendo if he doesnt pull up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back