News Robbie Gray in recruiting and list management role

Remove this Banner Ad

Robbie Gray champion player but let's just pump the brakes.
I was lucky enough to see Russell play in his prime and believe me no one has come close.
You might misinterpret me- russell obviously better but being born in 93 I never got to see him play, what I’m saying is we worship him in the same way the older generations did Ebert. Cant compare them as players as I’ve only seen the odd highlight of Russell

One is a premiership captain in a year when the captain done is knee with massive pressure internally and externally to succeed after the 2 previous attempts and then took another team to a grand final which in hindsight was pretty good considering that team was pretty average
When you say took them to a grand final Tredrea had a pretty average year in 2007 31 goals 104 marks was way below his normal output as he struggled with that knee.

The team wasn't that average basically there were some players left over from 2004 who had a good year Burgoynes, Wakelin, the Cornes, Lade etc and a crop of new guys and recruits Motlop, Rodan, Pearce, Westhoff, Ebert, Boak. The problems with that team after 2007 was basically the shellshock from the Grand Final clobbering and the retirement of a heap of players with noone to replace them as well as the captaincy debacle and the departure of SBurgoyne.

Super bummed.

Deserved to win one.

Hope he had of pointed to his left when asked about not snagging one in his presser, “Ask this tnuc!”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You don't when you spend 10 years mimicking ken, they were complicit till the end, that is their choice. That's what happens in football, if boak or Robbie went to cd and said 'I don't think ken is the man' then he would have been moved on a long time ago.
So you're saying absolutely no-one in the team deserves a premiership medal? I just want to make sure you're as cooked as I think you are.

Robbie gray to jade mctnee is just cruel 😆

So you're saying absolutely no-one in the team deserves a premiership medal? I just want to make sure you're as cooked as I think you are.
Your mentality is the same as the team. For some reason they have the same entitlement and that's the same reason why teams like the pafc have failed in finals. Do they deserve it? The answer is simple, Do they have it? As Ken once said "you get what you deserve " Gee that hasn't aged well for him and his merry clan of brown nosers. Reality Bites

You don't when you spend 10 years mimicking ken, they were complicit till the end, that is their choice. That's what happens in football, if boak or Robbie went to cd and said 'I don't think ken is the man' then he would have been moved on a long time ago.
Don't blame the players for Kochies manlove of Hinkley. Even the media are swooned by him, and they absolutely love crucifying coaches

Your mentality is the same as the team. For some reason they have the same entitlement and that's the same reason why teams like the pafc have failed in finals. Do they deserve it? The answer is simple, Do they have it? As Ken once said "you get what you deserve " Gee that hasn't aged well for him and his merry clan of brown nosers. Reality Bites
It's an interesting debate which for mine is an example that life ain't always fair.

If I look at the careers of past players like Tony Lockett, Robert Harvey, Garry Ablett Snr I think they'd be worthy to be recognised as Premiership Players.
I feel the same way about Robbie Gray, I'd love for him to be recognised as a Premiership Player but for a variety of reasons that won't be the case.

No disrespect to Aaron Keating the Ruckman from Adelaide, he played in a Premiership in just his third game, his impact to the teams performance was minimal but he's a Premiership player, strangely enough he won two flags in a week as he backed up for Norwood also.

Lockett, Harvey, Ablett Snr in comparison to Aaron Keating.....sometimes it just comes down to luck for which I'd argue that there are plenty of players that are more deserving to be recognised as Premiership players in comparison to some players that have won a Premiership.

Cameron Mooney won a flag with North Melbourne, look at the circumstances behind why he was selected in the team and his impact on the day, if his career stopped there then I'd put him in the same bracket as Aaron Keating.

Robbie is probably the reason Ken's still here but not for the reason you've invented, it's because he's pulled our arses out of the fire that many times and singlehandedly turned so many games around in the last 10 years. But you can't blame him for being a great player, and you really can't blame him for not leading some sort of white anting campaign against his own coach. I want Ken gone as much as you do but don't blame the second best player of our AFL era when there are far more obvious people who actually make the decision to hire and fire coaches at the club.

It's an interesting debate which for mine is an example that life ain't always fair.

If I look at the careers of past players like Tony Lockett, Robert Harvey, Garry Ablett Snr I think they'd be worthy to be recognised as Premiership Players.
I feel the same way about Robbie Gray, I'd love for him to be recognised as a Premiership Player but for a variety of reasons that won't be the case.

No disrespect to Aaron Keating the Ruckman from Adelaide, he played in a Premiership in just his third game, his impact to the teams performance was minimal but he's a Premiership player, strangely enough he won two flags in a week as he backed up for Norwood also.

Lockett, Harvey, Ablett Snr in comparison to Aaron Keating.....sometimes it just comes down to luck for which I'd argue that there are plenty of players that are more deserving to be recognised as Premiership players in comparison to some players that have won a Premiership.

Cameron Mooney won a flag with North Melbourne, look at the circumstances behind why he was selected in the team and his impact on the day, if his career stopped there then I'd put him in the same bracket as Aaron Keating.
Bob Skilton
3 x Brownlow Medalist
9 x Best and Fairest
16 year playing career played in one losing semi final!

24 hours later and I'm still completed gutted by Robbies announcement. It's not only the fact that Saturday night will be the last time my family and I will have the joy of watching him play - it's the sadness of knowing that when we do finally make it to the big dance he won't be there. As others have said that's the cruelty of footy, you can be a club champion/AA/B&F etc (Nick Reiwoldt, Garry Lyon, Nathan Buckley) and get to being a bees d*ck away from it. One of the things that has always annoyed me in Adelaide was Eddie getting "Eddies pocket" I'd love to see every pocket on Saturday night have a sign with "Robbie's pocket" or "they're all Robbie's pockets".

Remove this Banner Ad

News Robbie Gray in recruiting and list management role

Remove this Banner Ad

Back