Robert Walls - You are Disgraceful!!

Remove this Banner Ad

I must admit I only caught the second half, but I noticed Walls chipping away at Port.

Little digs here, little swipes there...it was definately happening !!

The only thing is , IMO he does this to most if not all Interstate teams.

I have definately noticed it alot over the last couple of years ( ask the West Coast what they think of him ).

But I thought last night was pathetic with the little smears and showed alot of disrespect.

I shall also state that every premiership side has an aura of arrogance about it. West Coast certainly did, Brisbane certainly did, Essendon in 2000 were the kings of it. Port from 01-04 had that arrogance. Both ourselves and Geelong have that confidence/arrogance mix as well. Its natural.

I see nothing wrong in celebrating a couple of goals. In an era seemingly bereft of characters and full of 'Yeah, Nah's, I think its great to see players celebrating and getting excited about their football. Everyone goes on about how robotic players and coaches are these days yet if anybody dare step out of line and smile on the football field then they get called up for it. Its the ultimate hypocrisy.

No, I think you just beleived what Robert Walls was making up. Walls was on a mission and basically was using his medium to inspire hatred against a non victorian team. You just fell for it.

Fell for it? I don't even know what Walls said. And it's funny you assume he has a vendetta against Port Adelaide because we've felt he's had a vendetta against us for years, and until he had to eat humble pie, he has. No, I was reacting to what I saw. And why Williams went to Cornes and had a go at him is beyond me. Tredrea is the captain, he should've showed more class. This is why people don't like him. Winners are grinners - and all that jazz. But nobody likes a smartarse.

got it wrong it's

"Walls wasn't being a commentator, he was being a Victorian supporter"

Wallsy mate, do your bit for football in general and stop being so ****ing biased, thats all i ask!!!

Your spot on there. He wanted an all Victorian final so the hurting can stop the Victorians..... ;)

Fell for it? I don't even know what Walls said. And it's funny you assume he has a vendetta against Port Adelaide because we've felt he's had a vendetta against us for years, and until he had to eat humble pie, he has. No, I was reacting to what I saw. And why Williams went to Cornes and had a go at him is beyond me. Tredrea is the captain, he should've showed more class. This is why people don't like him. Winners are grinners - and all that jazz. But nobody likes a smartarse.

Everyone likes a smartarse when they are on your team. Own up, you know it's true.

No, I think Mark Williams showed what he thought of it when the camera's went to him.

That shot was a while after the incident and could have been due to any number of things underway. Wall's told you what to think it was about.

How do you know Williams had a go at Cornes over that issue? Because Walls told you he did.

I bet you still think the war in Iraq is about democracy.

Something that crapped me off a bit was the whole commentary team's verdict that when Archer confronted Motlop after he'd taken that mark in the first quarter and chested him to the ground that Motlop had conned the umpires. Guys when a player has taken a mark you can't come in late and make contact. Motlop was going back to take his kick. Archer walked toward him and stuck his chest out.

In all honesty that was probably the only special comment he got right all day. that was not a 50 metre penalty, Motlop should be given an oscar for that acting :thumbsu:

any negative things that douche sais about your club will hold no credence anywhere. The man is an absolute tool. Focusing on the celebrations of players after goals?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!? I mean wtf

he didnt complain when he was commentating the dogs bris elimination final when alistair lynch ran up to our cheer squad and pretended to start choking. The hypocrite actually laughed at the incident. NOTHING THAT HYPOCRITICAL **** SAYS SHOULD BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY

Williams didn't have a go at either Cornes or Tredrea, and the footage of him "reacting" to one of the celebrations was a total fraud concocted by channel 10.

If you want to know Choco's opinion on the issue, just listen to the press conference.

In all honesty that was probably the only special comment he got right all day. that was not a 50 metre penalty, Motlop should be given an oscar for that acting :thumbsu:
Archer walked toward Motlop and stuck his chest out. Fifty metres every time this year.

Westhoff barely touched Glass in the dying minute of the QF and was penalised.

Williams didn't have a go at either Cornes or Tredrea, and the footage of him "reacting" to one of the celebrations was a total fraud concocted by channel 10.

If you want to know Choco's opinion on the issue, just listen to the press conference.

Funny how Chad Cornes mentioned in an interview after the game (on After the game) that Choco had a word to him at 3/4 time about the way he celebrated that goal.

Just because you hate Robert Walls doesn't mean he is always wrong

Funny how Chad Cornes mentioned in an interview after the game (on After the game) that Choco had a word to him at 3/4 time about the way he celebrated that goal.

A word, or a "go"?

No, I hate him because he's always wrong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

tredders said on the radio this morning that a message was sent out to settle down abit, then just as that happened cornes also did it. In the end nothing or nobody hurt by this just as williams would like he senior players to set the example for the younger guys.

i have no doubt that if it was a couple vic players that did what tredders and chad did, walls wouldn't have gone on and on and on and on about it in the absolutely ****ing disgraceful manner he did on tv, and then let his ****ing personal bias transverse toward attacking our port home crowd, before shutting the **** up after we showed our respect to archer.

walls **** off and retire. luke darcy should permanently replace you, ********.

His job is to commentate the game, not give biased opinions. It wasn't just that incident. The reaction of the other commentators to his "expert" comments was interesting also.

watching the replay...couldn't believe how blatantly biased he was at the game. Every couple of minutes he found a way to add a snide comment about port, the crowd, individual players or anything else he could think of.

the way he kept using the wind as an excuse everytime the Roos missed a goal or kicked badly really got to me as well!! Don't understand why channel 10 would have a commentator so ridiculously against our team. And how the hell did he get that many awards???

I agree he was disgraceful.
Calling the supporters as well as the players arrogant is a pretty stupid thing to do.

I hope Port kick Geelong, then Walls will have to walk down Rundel mall in the nude! *shudders*

I'll be there in my crows gear!

Walls just likes to jump on any bandwagon...Acting as if he knows best and he predicted what would happen. Get a life Wallsy. He loves the blues and hates every other team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Robert Walls - You are Disgraceful!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back