Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

FUKCIN' SACK THE CAMPAIGNER!! YOU ARSEHOLES!!
Mr Bean Waiting GIF by Bombay Softwares

Taking Forever So Long GIF by Pudgy Penguins

I'm sure he is but it isn't going to impact his future with the club either way.

Quite frankly the majority of the Board members are probably not even aware of the discussions that are going to be taking place amongst the footy grown ups over the next few days.

It's a good question, but I can't answer it at this point. Not because I don't know it, but rather because I have my limits as to what I can and can't post in here.
Is Koch involved in those grown-up discussions, or has they been relegated to the kid's table? I would prefer the latter!

Is Koch involved in those grown-up discussions, or has they been relegated to the kid's table? I would prefer the latter!

I suspect Koch will be the final person to sign off on any decision made about Hinkley's future in the coming weeks. But to my knowledge this is a discussion being made by football people, and Koch isn't a football person.

I like how the list will implode because Boak and Dixon are retiring. How will we ever cover for those two?
Not so much having a shot at those two, but one of the things that I will enjoy next season is getting to watch the young, new players start to get some games and see how they develop.

"Hinkley got Port to a prelim, how do you know Carr will get you that far next year?"

Umm i guess Carr has 12 years to make a GF if we want to make this a level playing field.

The Hinkley fan club is talking as if Carr has to be better than Hinkley immediately or else its a fail.
"getting port to a prelim" is ultimately still losing. So Carr (or anyone else) by definition couldn't do worse.

Do know much about Columbus? Seems a reasonably heavy hitter in the Oil and Gas space but I don't really know anything about him.
I know him reasonably well and you're correct as to his business capabilities. Originally from interstate and began following Port due to his son being a Port supporter.

Socially, a good bloke but he's not a natural footy person. That's about it really.

Ransom would likely be the type of board member that asks edgy questions, refers to irrelevant models to try and look innovative, and uses such a volume of consultancy terminology that everyone just switches off. I doubt she would ever make an informed decision on a matter other than which EAP we use.
Don't live Mondays, love Mondays.

There is a distinct possibility that Holly is more vain and superficial than Koch and that is saying something.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone else have a specific tenet of their preferred gameplan listed as an indelible feature of the club’s strategic direction?

Like, not an overarching unspoken philosophy such as “Pittsburgh Steelers = strong defensive foundations” or “Tottenham Hotspur = attractive attacking football”, but specifically “take the corridor” in print?

You_Doodle+_2024-09-23T07_59_05Z.jpeg

Entrusted largely to a 36 year old whose kicking has never been his 1-wood, and an injury-riddled utility who looked cooked for the better part of 18 months… in a Prelim.

Mmmm… more of everyone responsible for this, please!

I suspect Koch will be the final person to sign off on any decision made about Hinkley's future in the coming weeks. But to my knowledge this is a discussion being made by football people, and Koch isn't a football person.
And there is the problem. Koch, a man with shit footy knowledge signs off on the coach.

Does anyone else have a specific tenet of their preferred gameplan listed as an indelible feature of the club’s strategic direction?

Like, not an overarching unspoken philosophy such as “Pittsburgh Steelers = strong defensive foundations” or “Tottenham Hotspur = attractive attacking football”, but specifically “take the corridor” in print?

View attachment 2119351

Entrusted largely to a 36 year old whose kicking has never been his 1-wood, and an injury-riddled utility who looked cooked for the better part of 18 months… in a Prelim.

Mmmm… more of everyone responsible for this, please!
Good to see we fail 4 out of the 6 listed and I'm not sure how you'd judge Care and Connection.

Embrace Expectation - Definitely not and that starts right at the top, we are the complete opposite
Invite the Heat - See Embrace Expectation, we actively avoid the heat
Back eatch other In... - Sure until you lose to Brisbane and get booed then your footy dept takes a shit on the playing list as not good enough who then try and walk it back when all results magically fall our way and we end up 2nd but then pull it out again when we inevitably fail due to not embracing expecations and inviting the heat
Take the Corrider - we sorta do but does it matter if you are 84 points down?

I mean that image there is a blueprint as to why he needs to be sacked and a new coach and leader brought in.

Can Koch overrule the decision by the football committee even though he is in the minority?

I am fearful his ego will get in the way once again.

Coming weeks?

Gbear just text me when this is done, thumbs getting sore refreshing.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Can't see it being this week. If they're going to drop this it'll be after the GF

Make it during the half-time sprint.

Get Dixon to run it and then reveal an undershirt with Bye Ken on it when he finishes the race at 3 quarter time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Back