Rocca's IN.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Final 22.

Remove this Banner Ad

Collingwood
B:
Harry O’Brien, Simon Prestigiacomo, Leigh Brown
HB: Heath Shaw, Nick Maxwell, Tarkyn Lockyer
C: Alan Didak, Shane O’Bree, Scott Pendlebury
HF: Alan Toovey, Travis Cloke, Ben Johnson
F: Paul Medhurst, John Anthony, Dale Thomas
Foll: Josh Fraser, Dane Swan, Leon Davis
I/C: John McCarthy, Anthony Rocca, Steele Sidebottom, Dayne Beams
In: Leigh Brown, Scott Pendlebury, Anthony Rocca, Steele Sidebottom
Out: Brad Dick, Tyson Goldsack, Sharrod Wellingham, Cameron Wood

My Impossible Dream has been realised!

To dream the impossible dream
To fight the unbeatable foe
To bear with unbearable sorrow
To run where the brave dare not go

To right the unrightable wrong
To love pure and chaste from afar
To try when your arms are too weary
To reach the unreachable star

This is my quest
To follow that star
No matter how hopeless
No matter how far
To fight for the right
Without question or pause
To be willing to march into Hell
For a heavenly cause

And I know if I'll only be true
To this glorious quest
That my heart will lie peaceful and calm
When I'm laid to my rest

And the Pies will be better for this
That one man, scorned and covered with scars
Still strove with his last ounce of courage
To reach the unreachable star.

It's gotta be said, this selection has to be 95% sentimentality.

Rocca is not the player he once was, and he hasn't even dominated VFL level. How can we expect him to perform at AFL level?

Bringing in a guy who has barely played a senior game all year for finals, let alone an unfit one, is ridiculous.

I don't have a good feeling about this, at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's gotta be said, this selection has to be 95% sentimentality.

Rocca is not the player he once was, and he hasn't even dominated VFL level. How can we expect him to perform at AFL level?

Bringing in a guy who has barely played a senior game all year for finals, let alone an unfit one, is ridiculous.

I don't have a good feeling about this, at all.
Rocca getting 20 odd touches is dominating though

Rocca getting more then 10 is dominant, if he kicked straightish he would have had 10/15 goals in 3 weeks. If he isnt fit and ready now he never will be

I know you dont like the selection, but his VFL form isnt as bad as he only averages 2 goals suggests. Add to the fact he has done ruck work and geelong/williamstown are shitholes when its wet which it was when he played and it makes sense

I love this side, even McCarthy, who has the potential to do anything if he is even close to right. Let's pick the future, Beams, Sidebottom and McCarthy, our 3 future guns.

We would be too tall with a McCarthy for Wood, change, so the only possible late ins will be Wellingham or Dick.

You could tell MM wasnt happy at all with Wood last week, to put it simply, he was terrible, and Dick has been ordinairy since he returned from injury via the VFL.

I've been screaming for Sidebottom to get a game, averaging 30 posessions and 10 tackles over the last 3 weeks, they are some staggering figures, and he can play forward as shown in the TAC Cup GF last year.

It's actually a good running side so we can probably afford one big man that may or may not impact.. nice to see Steele rewarded too

I just got alot more excited about Sunday's match. I'm still supposed to be working but I can't concentrate now!

Not sure about wood out, but I guess it makes sense from a balance point of view, happy with the rest.

Fraser wasnt much better last week Matty tbh

Yeah but it was Josh's 2nd week back from knee surgery on a shitty, hard shifting surface, they didnt over use Josh last week.

Fraser plays his best footy when he has the responsibility as sole ruck anyway.

Hmmm....

I can see the logic match committee have chosen.

They've opted for the hardened bodies as opposed the the skinnier types in Wood, Goldsack, Dick and Wellingham (although he is actually pretty solid).

Interesting to see if there is a late change made on Sunday.

Hope these boys can go and perform tomorrow in the finals for the VFL side. Will make things tough on selection.

Rocca getting 20 odd touches is dominating though

Rocca getting more then 10 is dominant, if he kicked straightish he would have had 10/15 goals in 3 weeks. If he isnt fit and ready now he never will be
If Rhyce Shaw had better disposal he would've been one of our best players.
If Richard Cole had work ethic he'd have been a good player.
If Guy Richards could play football, he would've been a good player for us.

That's not different to saying 'if' a player kicked straight, he would've kicked so many goals. Fact is he didn't kick straight, and he shouldn't be in the side till he IS kicking straight. More inaccurate kicking is the last thing we need in the side.

A vitally important final is NOT the game to be testing whether he is fit or not. This should've been done in the season, not now!

I know you dont like the selection, but his VFL form isnt as bad as he only averages 2 goals suggests. Add to the fact he has done ruck work and geelong/williamstown are shitholes when its wet which it was when he played and it makes sense
I know there is more to his form than just 2 goals, but even so, just how big a step up do you consider it to be from a VFL Home and Away game to a Qualifying Final at senior level? The intensity and tempo will be god knows how many levels higher. He'll have to be running non stop to provide adequate pressure on the likes of Fisher, Goddard and Gram to stop them rebounding with ease. Do you have confidence that he can do this?

Honestly, I don't see why this risk has been taken. Our team has performed well over the past 3 months, it isn't like a change was needed. The risk vs reward is horribly off imo. The risk far outweighs the reward.

I feel sorry for Wood. He has improved out of sight recently and has helped the side into getting the top 4 position, only to be dropped as soon as the finals come along.

He wont be sleeping .
Pretty decent side IMO :thumbsu:

haha.. poor dawsons demons are back to haunt him... i have the feeling that dawson is going to experience a hare in a spotlight type scenario on sunday...
im so looking forward to this game on sunday.. i wish i could sleep straight thru to sunday morning...

Remove this Banner Ad

Rocca's IN.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Final 22.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back