Rocca's IN.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Final 22.

Remove this Banner Ad

He doesn't necessarily have to kick any goals, he just has to get their best defender and smash some packs for our small crumbing forwards.
that's what most "consumer level" followers don't get - only see the big bags and high possession/marks - even in his low stat games Rocca has nearly always been an important contributor.

that's what most "consumer level" followers don't get - only see the big bags and high possession/marks - even in his low stat games Rocca has nearly always been an important contributor.

if you remeber the 86 mauling of Geelong last year, probably his last fit game for us, he kicked what, 1 goal. But I would have said was as influential as any player that night because he controlled Scarlett and gave the medium forwards and Cloke all the space to work through.

I would think this is the sort of thinking going through MM

He doesn't necessarily have to kick any goals, he just has to get their best defender and smash some packs for our small crumbing forwards.
Rocca won't be getting the best defender anymore, and with good reason too.

While he's crashing these packs, the Saints will be rebounding and running through his man.

Of course the guy has to kick goals. It's part of his job.

While he's crashing these packs, the Saints will be rebounding and running through his man.

If he doesn't get their best defender then he will outmark them, leading to a bag of goals for us. And as I said above he will be smashing the packs for our small crumbing forwards.

Either way he will be a big contributor to the team.

If he doesn't get their best defender then he will outmark them, leading to a bag of goals for us.
How is it a given? It could possibly happen, but it seems to me like people are stuck back in 2003 again. He is nowhere near as good as he was. St Kilda probably have about 3 who could do a job on Rocca at the moment and potentially beat him.

And as I said above he will be smashing the packs for our small crumbing forwards.

Either way he will be a big contributor to the team.
Just smashing packs isn't enough to warrant selection. It should be on facet of his game, not his whole game.

He needs to be kicking goals. That's a fact.

In the Geelong game that has been brought up, I'm fairly sure he played up the ground then, so his lack of goals can be explained there, and he dragged Scarlett away superbly and took some big marks on the wing.

If he plays deep, like I expect him to, goals should be expected of him.

Incorrect stick anyone other then dawson on rocca, watch the 50 get emptied and Rocca outmark, out muscle and out grunt any of fisher, gilbert or Blake

Incorrect stick anyone other then dawson on rocca, watch the 50 get emptied and Rocca outmark, out muscle and out grunt any of fisher, gilbert or Blake
Sam Fisher managed to beat Jonathan Brown in the majority of their one on ones when he was on him. If he can beat Brown in contests, he can beat anyone. It's not just about brute force, Fisher is very clever, he positions himself well in the contest.

Blake has had a pretty good year or the Saints....Rocca is good enough to beat him, but I wouldn't under estimate Blake.

I agree that Gilbert will get outmuscled by Rocca, and I don't think he'll be matched up on him at all for that reason.

I just don't have confidence that Rocca can influence a game like he once did. It's a shame imo, because he's always been one of my favourite and most respected player, and I hate seeing him struggling like he is. I honestly think it was time for him to retire after his last injury. More than happy to be proven wrong by him today. I'd love it in fact.

Its not that you dont think Rocca can influence a game smiddaz

Youa re pretty much saying rocca will singlehanded lose the match for us

Its not that you dont think Rocca can influence a game smiddaz

Youa re pretty much saying rocca will singlehandidly lose the match for us
Single handedly lose the match for us? Can I be quoted on that?

I think playing him instead of Wood will be a big contribution to the loss, if it happens. Of course it won't be the sole reason, I've never said that.

Single handedly lose the match for us? Can I be quoted on that?

I think playing him instead of Wood will be a big contribution to the loss, if it happens. Of course it won't be the sole reason, I've never said that.
Yes but its the only reason you have given since friday afternoon as to why we will lose

We all know rocca will get beaten on rebound, strangely enough trav and anthony and medhurst were smashed here last week without him.

We all know rocca isnt the same player he was, we all know st.kilda will have to play dawson on him (trust me when i say Lyon will rate rocca alot higher then you do), and its a better thing Anthony gets a gilbert or a fisher then a dawson.

Basically we all know the negatives and as much as you cant see them there are quite a few positives (our forwardline bar the richmond match has been pox for a month a change was required). Im backing in our middle to at least break even with the saints (im annoyed wood is dropped but not slitting wrists remember he was out rucked by minson last week)and a forwardline of Rocca/trav/anthony/medhurst too me seems stronger, better structured and more likely to kick a winning score

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes but its the only reason you have given since friday afternoon as to why we will lose
I've mentioned other reasons around the place, such as Brown on Kosi, which I think will be a weakness. I'm sure I would've mentioned the ruck as well.

You know that I don't think Rocca will be the sole reason we'll lose.

We all know rocca will get beaten on rebound, strangely enough trav and anthony and medhurst were smashed here last week without him.
And to fix that, we add another guy to get beaten on rebound in the side? I mean, sure if we replaced one of them with Rocca it may not be a huge issue, but we're adding another?

We all know rocca isnt the same player he was, we all know st.kilda will have to play dawson on him (trust me when i say Lyon will rate rocca alot higher then you do), and its a better thing Anthony gets a gilbert or a fisher then a dawson.
I disagree with that....I rate both Fisher and Gilbert higher than Dawson, so I think Anthony will struggle more against them.

Basically we all know the negatives and as much as you cant see them there are quite a few positives
Of course I can see the potential positives. I just don't think these positives will be positive enough to outweigh the negatives.

our forwardline bar the richmond match has been pox for a month a change was required). Im backing in our middle to at least break even with the saints (im annoyed wood is dropped but not slitting wrists remember he was out rucked by minson last week)and a forwardline of Rocca/trav/anthony/medhurst too me seems stronger, better structured and more likely to kick a winning score
That forward line seems a bit top heavy for mine. I doubt we'll see all 4 played simultaneously anyway, there'll most likely be a fair few rotations.

whats your problem smidaz, you have no idea compared to the people who run collingwood about where rocca is at and what he could do. they wont bring him in for no reason and they know he can have a big impact, OK?

Yeah, because we were struggling so bad with our current set up. :rolleyes:
Take out the richmond game the past month we have been poor

Weather update for anyone not in Melbourne;

Forecast for the rest of Sunday

Cloud increasing. Patchy rain developing late afternoon or evening and the chance of a thunderstorm tonight. Winds northerly averaging up to 45 km/h this afternoon with some stronger squalls developing.
City
Late rain. Possible storm tonight.
Max

At the moment, the sun is out, but it is bloody windy (about 40kms from the G), leaving in a minute, so have a fun day all.:thumbsu:

whats your problem smidaz, you have no idea compared to the people who run collingwood about where rocca is at and what he could do. they wont bring him in for no reason and they know he can have a big impact, OK?
Cool, so what you're saying is that every decision made by an AFL club is 100% correct and should never be disputed?

Spare me.

Not overall flog, read what I said.. Jack and Travis have been struggling :rolleyes:

Jack's form has been fine. And overall, our forward line has functioned fine. We lost one game and everyone seems to think it's the end of the world.

Rocca certainly isn't the answer, IMO.

*Edit, please never PM me on this site. Pathetic.

Yeh, that's why my issue has been with dropping Cam Wood right?

Nathan Brown is irrelevant to my thoughts about this. Thanks for your input though.

No its not and you know it. Every chance you get you talk down Rocca and talk up Nathan Brown. The lamearse Wood out arguement is a smoke screen.

Why dont you try being positive for a change? If you hate Rocca so much then dont watch the game - better for your health.

Not against the Lake's and Scarlett's of the league and that is exactly who he will be playing on in September without Rocca taking the heat so learn something about the game flog

Seriously, stop PMing me. You also used the word epic in your most recent PM, are you 12?

Anthony was servicable last week, and was probably unlucky not to kick 3 (poor umpiring, close misses). Rocca may take some "heat", but he will make life so much easier for the Saints on the rebound. For the extra goal or two he will contribute, is it worth it?
I'm happy for Rocca to be playing and I hope he proves me wrong. But we've lost two games in half a season, just feels like a knee jerk reaction to me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rocca's IN.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Final 22.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back