Player Watch Rookie Pick #45 (2015) - Dan Houston

Remove this Banner Ad

Medium forward who times his leads very well, has strong hands out in front and overhead and is an exceptional kick for goal. Kicked three goals in the Chargers' win in the 2014 TAC Cup Grand Final and is co-captain this year. Impressed with four goals against South Australia in the NAB AFL U18 Championships.

375800.jpg

Love his footage. Strong lead, strong grab, looks like he has an excellent kicking action. Reminds me a lot of Mark LeCras.

From Snoop Dog's rookie phantom:

# 22 St Kilda - Dan Houston (Oakleigh Chargers / 187cm / 83kg)

Co Captain of the Chargers this year and from all reports and pretty good kid. Talented medium forward who came into the year pretty well rated after a strong year as a bottom ager kicking 23 goals from 13 games. Has exceptional hands and is a very good kick of the footy. Not sure he had as good a year as hoped but the game vs SA was pretty good for him and he showcased his ability as a medium forward with 4 good goals. Missed the last game but went back and kicked 8 vs Bendigo which was a great effort. Athletically speed looks ok without being elite but he does have decent endurance and you can see it in how he plays and gives repeat leads. The query is how much versatility does he have.

Strong overhead, good lead, kicks straight from 50+. Some talent there. Bit of size around the hips. REH will be pleased. :D

beautiful kick & nice strong hands as has been mentioned. i see a bit of d mots in him

There's a crazy amount of natural talent oozing out of that highlights video. Very surprised that sort of kid slipped so far, but I guess height would've counted against him as a marking forward. Hopefully he'll be able to develop his around the ground work.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Medium forward who times his leads very well, has strong hands out in front and overhead and is an exceptional kick for goal. Kicked three goals in the Chargers' win in the 2014 TAC Cup Grand Final and is co-captain this year. Impressed with four goals against South Australia in the NAB AFL U18 Championships.

375800.jpg

looks like a great pick up

twodozenandonegreyhounds4.png

Look at him, roving the pack like a little Sam Mitchell

M
Love his footage. Strong lead, strong grab, looks like he has an excellent kicking action. Reminds me a lot of Mark LeCras.
Macca it appears we have drafted players who can kick...is that a fair observation and do you think that was an instruction to list management...good thing if it was!

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Rookie Pick #45 (2015) - Dan Houston

Remove this Banner Ad

Back