Player Watch Rookie Pick #45 (2015) - Dan Houston

Remove this Banner Ad

Apparently Richmond are keen aswell. Houston for Bolton would be pretty appealing as well. It’d allow jhf rozzee butters and Bolton to rotate through mid and forward line so we’d always have 2 dangerous small forwards

I mean, read the play.

We've gone from prelims in 2020/2021 to a semi in 2023 to out of finals altogether this year.

We've got multiple players on every line of the team that are either over 30 or closing in on 30.

The backline are a bunch of misfits traded in from other clubs that are at best mediocre as a collective.

Basically every player in the forward line averages a goal a game.

The list is in poor shape and needs to be regenerated and refreshed under new leadership.
I know, the point is the **** ups are still there and will be next year.

Apparently Richmond are keen aswell. Houston for Bolton would be pretty appealing as well. It’d allow jhf rozzee butters and Bolton to rotate through mid and forward line so we’d always have 2 dangerous small forwards
Richmond will trade Baker to Freo for our first round pick which we'll get back for Houston. Cheerin.

Richmond doesn’t make any sense.

Surely it will be a team close to a flag.

The article said clubs are watching him. Not that he wants to go or that Port are offering him. There's nothing to suggest he wants to go or that Port are thinking of trading him.

I bet we are looking at players who are locked into their clubs too.

This is like the bazillion beat up stories in the EPL off-season.

This is how the Howard, Wingard, Duursma trades started

This is how the Howard, Wingard, Duursma trades started

Idk all of those guys, there was some discontent being talked about well before they left.

Haven't heard anything like that about Houston.

Yep. Horne-Francis, McKenzie and McEntee are off limits, the rest whatever.
Trade spud Rozee for whatever we can get to open up more centre square time for McEntee. The opposition will never win a clearance again with all that elite defensive pressure in there.

Let's cycle out great players who've played well under Ken for potentially great players who could play well under Ken... best case scenario. It's all dancing around the trade we should make, that would make the biggest difference, which is Ken out.

Port for life - Dan Houston

Good to hear, i was always worried he'd be a flight risk to Carlton. I think he's pretty good mates with Silvagni

Less than 2 months ago. I know words don't mean much but seemed pretty emphatic in his response. Unless something has changed drastically in the last 7 weeks we could be jumping at shadows here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Butters will only leave if Daddy does, he’s said openly he loves Ken.
Sort of brings a tear to your eye😭

Like Anna Nicole Smith loved J Howard Marshal III

images

Honestly, any player that leaves because daddy is leaving we probably don't want. I think that is all nonsense though that there would be some sort of mass exodus if Daddy left, some of the players will be happy some will be sad and some won't really care, but they will get over any of those emotions within a couple of days.

This is the reason we must get rid of Daddy doughnuts.
If this is true and Dan is happy to leave.
My concern is who's next Butters ?
Dan has had 1 coach for his entire career - even an interim coach would feel like a breath of fresh air to him.

This does reek of a strategy to get us into the first round. Which if true makes our decision to trade a future first even more disgusting
lol this is a great point. If we effectively end up trading Dan Houston for Ratugolea and Soldo we may as well shut the doors.

The article said clubs are watching him. Not that he wants to go or that Port are offering him. There's nothing to suggest he wants to go or that Port are thinking of trading him.

I bet we are looking at players who are locked into their clubs too.

This is like the bazillion beat up stories in the EPL off-season.
It's also a story that's been written about Ollie Wines pretty much every year since he was drafted.
Finally some common sense! Totally this!

These staff AFL writers have to keep coming up with new articles every few days to keep the peasants satisfied. Every now and again actually some they get some real goss, but mostly it is just made-up tripe they churn out. Shout out to Caro, who excels at this.

Old mate probably rings around the clubs asking their recruiters who they are looking at. Random dude from Victoria club says "some good Vic talent in SA, like Houston, blah, blah" ... Nek minit: "Vic clubs' watch on Port star"

Woo hoo ... what a surprise!

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Rookie Pick #45 (2015) - Dan Houston

Remove this Banner Ad

Back