Roos makes first Melbourne coaching appointment

Remove this Banner Ad

Good young player receives big $ offer from rival club.

I don't know that this has much to do with Roos or the AFL.

Happens to shitloads of players every year.

His argument doesn't even make sense. We pay the same salary cap as everyone else. How would going for a player like Atley be 'stealing' at all.

I'm happy to see our coaching group shaken up a bit, and not fussed about Fruity being one to go. He seems to have done ok as an assistant and he was a favourite player, so good luck to him.

If we wanted to keep him and Melbourne were able to outbid us with their bailout money, that would annoy me. As it would if they got someone like Leigh Tudor who would be great for North because they have this spare cash. But I expect Fruity moving on was mutually agreed. Roos is getting the band back together - be interesting to see how they go reformed for the Demons without Horse or Lyon, now we've seen what good coaches they are.

I don't understand the Atley talk at all. He is contracted until the end of 2015 so it would take a bloody good offer for North to trade him. Or we keep him. Either way, North can't lose.

In case some Melbourne posters are wondering, a certain GWS-supporting poster that was trolling was reported, and duly infracted and thread-banned. I cleaned up the more recent posts from that poster along with the associated replies.

However, digging up older posts from that poster in some sort of point-scoring exercise means that the whole cycle starts again - which is pointless (pardon the pun) since they can no longer post in the thread. Report it, and let it go.

That's the mail - Roos is redhot on Atley and willing to pay to get him.

Typical Melbourne. Stuff up their own drafting (they picked Lucas Cook at 12 in that draft ...) then sook to the AFL and steal genuine talent off clubs prepared to develop players the hard way.

Haha, yeah because we can force a player to leave if he doesn't want to. Must be something wrong with the culture down at North if talented players are willing to walk out. :rolleyes:

Didn't they propose a complex trade that ended up with them trading away and then getting back the first pick in the mini-draft so they could get him? The AFL knocked it on the head saying it wasn't in the spirit of the rule that mini-draft picks had to be traded away.

They didn't have to trade the mini-draft pick away - they could have let O'Meara fall through to the enxt year's draft where they knew they would have the first pick and could have taken him instead of Whitfield (although considering what happened it would have been O'Rourke or Plowman that they didn't take).

I'm happy to see our coaching group shaken up a bit, and not fussed about Fruity being one to go. He seems to have done ok as an assistant and he was a favourite player, so good luck to him.

If we wanted to keep him and Melbourne were able to outbid us with their bailout money, that would annoy me. As it would if they got someone like Leigh Tudor who would be great for North because they have this spare cash. But I expect Fruity moving on was mutually agreed. Roos is getting the band back together - be interesting to see how they go reformed for the Demons without Horse or Lyon, now we've seen what good coaches they are.

I don't understand the Atley talk at all. He is contracted until the end of 2015 so it would take a bloody good offer for North to trade him. Or we keep him. Either way, North can't lose.

The Atley talk is hilarious and the hand wringing that it's caused is embarrasing.

There is no evidence at all that Melbourne is after him, just a delusional serial pest who has been proven wrong many times before.

The Atley talk is hilarious and the hand wringing that it's caused is embarrasing.

There is no evidence at all that Melbourne is after him, just a delusional serial pest who has been proven wrong many times before.
One more time for good measure. He isn't that good. Not yet and possibly not ever. Not having a go at anyone though just my thoughts

Remove this Banner Ad

Roos makes first Melbourne coaching appointment

Remove this Banner Ad

Back