Roos pull 'sick' video off the Net

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with Choota, the club should immediately stand down all your talls for a week, as a sign of respect towards chickens.

Thinking about it again... if I made the film and Cleary came at me what he's said I'd be pretty angry for his insinuations. It's a sad, horrible story of what happend to his sister and good on him for taking the stance in the media he does for women... but this is an unfair stretch.

To be fair to Cleary, he is "dial-a-quote" for every lazy journalist when it comes to violence against women on account of what happened to his sister and he's going to take every opportunity to remind society of the evils of violence against women. I don't think he went looking for a journalist to make this comment; the twit who wrote the article would have called him and most likely described the video over the phone. It was an ill-conceived response from Cleary but he wasn't to know. Blame the fool journo who has undermined the campaign regarding violence against women.

By the way, dumb, stupid, moronic video. Should not have gone online with it and someone needs to tell these "boys" to get the **** off Facebook.

So it's a 'sick vid' ... :rolleyes: some people need to lighten up. The Age needs to draw attention to themselves with breaking the news.. do they care where the 'sick & sorry' state of AFL footy is heading as a spectacle which is far more disturbing than a satire piece that is depicted on the MOVIE SCREENS world wide year in year out FFS!! :rolleyes: slow day at the office. It's been pulled so they'll have to dig deeper to find more amusing stuff than the game itself.

Intelligent response.You should email Jim & Eugene and tell them to lighten up. I'm sure that they would appreciate it.:rolleyes:

This is where the world goes mad.

Some young guys get together and make a short video clip. They then put in on the internet.

Someone gets hold of it and it gets made into a huge issue. People decide what the characters are and the whole issue gets blown out.

Again it the media who runs the agenda here. The club has to hold a press conference which is a joke.

Movies and TV shows are on everyday which would be far worst that this clip but because an AFL team is involved all hell breaks loose.

To be fair to Cleary, he is "dial-a-quote" for every lazy journalist when it comes to violence against women on account of what happened to his sister and he's going to take every opportunity to remind society of the evils of violence against women. I don't think he went looking for a journalist to make this comment; the twit who wrote the article would have called him and most likely described the video over the phone. It was an ill-conceived response from Cleary but he wasn't to know. Blame the fool journo who has undermined the campaign regarding violence against women.

By the way, dumb, stupid, moronic video. Should not have gone online with it and someone needs to tell these "boys" to get the **** off Facebook.

Well summed up snrub.
The people responsible need to be punished severely and the media need to stop implying that this video was done by the club.
The club will deal with this in a strictly professional manner and deal severely with whoever is/are responsible.

How on earth did it take so long to come to the attention of someone at the club. Surely other players must have seen it and thought it disturbing to say the least.
Makes you wonder if someone did this intentionally to damage the reputation of the club!!

You just bin scabbed what I wrote on FB, :(

Very, very disappointing that the club has to be put through the wringer because of the actions of a boofhead footballer or two.

Speaking personally, I do find the content offensive (the violence part, along with the disrespect to women that I imagine the soundtrack connotes). It might be a plastic dead chook, but the imagery is clear. To suggest that the posting of it in public is the stupid part strikes me as absurd. The idea to make such a video in the first place doesn't seem just a tad idiotic?

Now, speaking as a NMFC member, posting it publicly and using club facilities and especially the sponsor name in the video is something that makes my blood boil. How dare they put at risk our public image and, worse case scenario, sponsor support or funding. Fuming!!

How should the club have known about this? No doubt, however, this incident will lead to a form of censorship on players in future, and a monitoring of social networking sites.

Call it a media beat up all you like, but anyone with half a brain can see there is a pretty good chance the media was always going to jump on something like this. The media have behaved predictably. The idiot players on the other hand...

This is where the world goes mad.

This is where we have been given the ability to go mad.
We are all budding film makers and journalists armed with a camera and story to tell.
I am sorry for the NMFC having to announce that they are sorry to women because of this video.

We still have a lot to learn.

Disgusting and sick. Shut down Arden Street.

All senior players to miss one game and the Roos to forfeit the 4 points this week as a minimum.

First of all, it was bloody stupid to put this online. Secondly, it seems so many people almost enjoy getting offended and go out of their way to become outraged over bullshit like this.

Anyone seen the music video by The Prodigy for "Smack my bitch up?"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now, speaking as a NMFC member, posting it publicly and using club facilities and especially the sponsor name in the video is something that makes my blood boil. How dare they put at risk our public image and, worse case scenario, sponsor support or funding. Fuming!!

Could not agree more with this.

Could not agree more with this.

That is true. What is it with kids today. It is incredible the things people post on Facebook or Twitter. It's not private

On a lighter note, my first thought when I saw the title of this thread was that the stupid clip of our Kanga bashing up Jordan Lewis had been taken down.

Just curious how you draw this conclusion?

Because of some of the hilarious overreactions and the way some people have read into this video and drawn conclusions.

But I agree with you about doing it in the clubrooms. That was ridiculous because of the way you know people are going to react these days.

http://www.theage.com.au/national/roos-sick-sex-video-a-foolish-prank-20090408-a03h.html

Roos' sick sex video a 'foolish prank'

• April 8, 2009 - 10:32AM
North Melbourne Football Club does not plan to discipline a group of players behind an internet video that it branded a "foolish, misguided prank''.

Kangaroos chief executive Eugene Arocca said a ``collective'' of players had made the video, which was posted on YouTube, before Christmas.

The four-minute video featured a rubber rooster named Little Boris depicting sex acts on the carcass of a real chicken.

"From our point of view it's a foolish misguided prank that is clearly offensive and we're embarrassed and quite apologetic for that as a club and an organisation,'' Mr Arocca said.

He denied that the video was symptomatic of a misogynist attitude within the club.

"We pride ourselves on being an inclusive club. Most of our employees are female and in fact many of the volunteers that come to this club are female,'' he said.

Mr Arocca said the club was taking the matter ``very seriously'' but no criminal offences had been co`mmitted and players involved would not be named.

He said the club was investigating why the video was made and posted on line and players would receive further education.

Mr Arocca said the incident showed the dangers of websites such as Facebook and YouTube but it could be considered impinging on players' rights to tell them not to use such sites.

Seems people take pride in being offended these days.

I understand when things are personally aimed at someone, but to take offence at a couple of fools trying to get some cheap laughs out of their mates is just getting ridiculous.

It's the same about the clowns who ring up and say their offended over the content of some TV shows. If you don't like it don't ****ing watch it!

But to draw conclusions that we have a culture of violence against women because of a satirical send up of a rubber chicken, just shows how trivial the world has become.

If average Joe had released this onto You tube wouldn't even rate a mention.

I played GTA the other day where I went around setting civilians on fire with a flame thrower. Better lock me up, I might be a danger to society:rolleyes:

Yeah Zondor saw the clip. Courtesy of DR's post some week and a half ago.

I must say that this is a big media beat up. But what else would yah expect?

As some of you know I'm a fan of Death Metal. The content of some Death Metal music would be offensive to many. However it is permitted and tolerated because it is viewed as art.

That's what this video is, in my opinion art. Many would find it offensive, some would find it funny, others would find it stupid, but none the less it is an "attempt" at comedic art.

And if you're being true to yourself, any of you reading this would know this to be true. It was an "attempt" at comedic art. And that was the intent of the video and that is simply put.

To suggest otherwise is ignorant and idiotic.

Remember making a video that portrays a rubber chicken having sex with a dead chicken does not make one a Hateful Misogynist Rapist.

Hopefully they take the sensible and appropriate response, which is;

a) It was stupid, and juvenile, and we apologise for it
b) Understand that it was meant as a private joke between mates, and whilst this does not excuse the content, understand that the context means that it was obviously never meant to enter the public domain
c) We at NMFC take very seriously the issue of degredation and violence against women, and do not want to skirt responsibility here. However, we should make it clear that this was a video involving a rubber-chicken, and was quite obviously not a video encouraging or condoning such attitudes.

In Euge I trust.

http://www.theage.com.au/national/roos-sick-sex-video-a-foolish-prank-20090408-a03h.html

Roos' sick sex video a 'foolish prank'

• April 8, 2009 - 10:32AM
North Melbourne Football Club does not plan to discipline a group of players behind an internet video that it branded a "foolish, misguided prank''.

Kangaroos chief executive Eugene Arocca said a ``collective'' of players had made the video, which was posted on YouTube, before Christmas.

The four-minute video featured a rubber rooster named Little Boris depicting sex acts on the carcass of a real chicken.

"From our point of view it's a foolish misguided prank that is clearly offensive and we're embarrassed and quite apologetic for that as a club and an organisation,'' Mr Arocca said.

He denied that the video was symptomatic of a misogynist attitude within the club.

"We pride ourselves on being an inclusive club. Most of our employees are female and in fact many of the volunteers that come to this club are female,'' he said.

Mr Arocca said the club was taking the matter ``very seriously'' but no criminal offences had been co`mmitted and players involved would not be named.

He said the club was investigating why the video was made and posted on line and players would receive further education.

Mr Arocca said the incident showed the dangers of websites such as Facebook and YouTube but it could be considered impinging on players' rights to tell them not to use such sites.

Euge delivers as predicted. The man is all class.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back