Roos pull 'sick' video off the Net

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because of some of the hilarious overreactions and the way some people have read into this video and drawn conclusions.

But I agree with you about doing it in the clubrooms. That was ridiculous because of the way you know people are going to react these days.

Thanks for explaining AWC. So, you don't really think people enjoy or go to great lengths to be offended, it is just that you don't see why they are or might be?

Sounds like you long for the good ol' days when we didn't have to worry about sexism, racism, environmentalism or any of those other isms that imply consideration of the other? ;)

Very stupid thing to do, especially around the club, but really not much more than that. And I accept some people will be offended, that's fair enough, we all have our own moral compass, but I really think insinuating something more sinister than a stupid prank gone wrong is way OTT.
We are talking about teenage kids.
Sure, its in poor taste, but I defy almost anyone here to have not done something totally brainless as a teenager. That's how we learn and I am sure they will learn plenty from this.
And a whole 200 people saw it. Wow. It was a raging success judging by that. A global audience of 200.
I think the club has handled it ok, from that response.

Eugene's comments sum it up well. Dumb and stupid. We're sorry and the players will receive counsel on making better choices.
Well done Euge.

Move on now..........
Yeah but what happens if Sam comes out in a Chicken Suit Tonight on the Footy Show?

Yeah but what happens if Sam comes out in a Chicken Suit Tonight on the Footy Show?

You can have money on that happening!

The news is really shitting me at the moment - describes the video as featuring a simulated rape scene. FFS its a rubber chicken and a frozen chicken. Anyway its a dumb thing, offensive and purile but not much more.
Well handles Euge. We have to cop the flack that this brings and hope that this is an educative process for the players concerned.

That's what this video is, in my opinion art. Many would find it offensive, some would find it funny, others would find it stupid, but none the less it is an "attempt" at comedic art.

And if you're being true to yourself, any of you reading this would know this to be true. It was an "attempt" at comedic art. And that was the intent of the video and that is simply put.

To suggest otherwise is ignorant and idiotic.
Youthful idiocy is now an attempt at comedic art? Being able to use a video camera to capture one's own stupidity is art? I think you're trying hard to elevate the nobility of the video well beyond its true status as insensitivity and lowbrow humour captured on digital image. But hey, if you think posting it on Facebook makes it pop art, knock yourself out.

Look, I get the intent was not malicious, but it displays as much forethought as your post Zondor. To suggest otherwise, is as always your right.

You can have money on that happening!

The news is really shitting me at the moment - describes the video as featuring a simulated rape scene. FFS its a rubber chicken and a frozen chicken. Anyway its a dumb thing, offensive and purile but not much more.
Well handles Euge. We have to cop the flack that this brings and hope that this is an educative process for the players concerned.

Maybe some reporters can camp out in front of Boris the Chicken's place and ask him if it was consentual?

Thanks for explaining AWC. So, you don't really think people enjoy or go to great lengths to be offended, it is just that you don't see why they are or might be?

Sounds like you long for the good ol' days when we didn't have to worry about sexism, racism, environmentalism or any of those other isms that imply consideration of the other? ;)

Read Roosurgence's post at the top of the page. Sums up how I feel better than I could explain it.

And thanks for implying I'm sexist and racist. You really are a clown.

Youthful idiocy is now an attempt at comedic art? Being able to use a video camera to capture one's own stupidity is art? I think you're trying hard to elevate the nobility of the video well beyond its true status as insensitivity and lowbrow humour captured on digital image. But hey, if you think posting it on Facebook makes it pop art, knock yourself out.

Look, I get the intent was not malicious, but it displays as much forethought as your post Zondor. To suggest otherwise, is as always your right.

Jackass made a very tidy living out of it.

I actually think the news article is offensive for making the insinuation that we are promoting violence against women. Just waiting for them to come out and reveal that Boris is actually a terrorist plotting the destruction of the free world.

Good grief.

Has anybody here seen a film clip on MTV or Channel V lately? Keep an eye out for what passes as film clips (and that is essentially what this was, by the sounds of it) for 'Hip-Hop' music in particular. If you want to complain about 'misogyny' or 'sexism', you'll come far closer to finding it on widely-available television watched by hundreds of thousands of Aussie kids every day. You can chuck your 'misogynistic' and 'sexist' claims in the bin, along with your subscriptions to The Age. What utter garbage.

It always annoys me when people get on their quasi-feminist bandwagon (powered by high-horse) to attack stuff like this, whilst they keep their mouths shut on all of the far more important stuff which is of more relevance to their purported cause.

Maybe some reporters can camp out in front of Boris the Chicken's place and ask him if it was consentual?

Hard to believe you fishsticks don't get it. It's what the video says about the player's attitude toward fish and chip paper and, in the case of the second video, hot dogs. Not to mention their health value. Throwing the chicken in a pan and then frying it? Only Wayne Carey supporters would see this as anything but sick inducing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hard to believe you fishsticks don't get it. It's what the video says about the player's attitude toward fish and chip paper and, in the case of the second video, hot dogs. Not to mention their health value. Throwing the chicken in a pan and then frying it? Only Wayne Carey supporters would see this as anything but sick inducing.
Its a ****ing chicken you ****ing ******. Not a person. How can anyone be so ****ing ******ed?

Can you tell a "****stick" such as myself what happens in this racist second video? I never knew there was a 2nd video.

Interesting that an Essendon supporter would troll the North board about these sorts of matters.

Since you seem to give Cleary so much credit, have a read of this:

http://www.philcleary.com.au/politics_2006_lovett_assault.htm

Now begone.

The voice of reason.:eek::eek:

Enjoy your card that's coming your way, ****wit!

North will educate, not punish, YouTube players

By Luke Holmesby 10:42 AM Wed 08 April, 2009
NORTH Melbourne CEO Eugene Arocca says the club will not punish a group of players who posted a video on YouTube that depicted sex acts by a rubber chicken.

Arocca said the club would look to educate rather than sanction the players involved in posting the video that was filmed before Christmas and features a rubber chicken performing simulated sex acts in a supermarket, a hotel toilet, the club's locker room and its offices.

“No criminal conduct has been committed. I think it is a misguided, foolish, idiotic act. For that, I don’t believe that at this stage we can go out and discipline players unless we make it a priority to educate them,” Arocca said.

“I would think that if in the future this happened again there would be a far greater response from the club as far as the individual players are concerned.”

Arocca said the club was investigating why the video was recorded and entered into the public domain.

He apologised for the video that has since been removed from the popular website.

“It is a foolish, misguided prank that is clearly offensive and we are embarrassed and quite apologetic for that,” he said.

But Arocca bristled at suggestions the video was representative of North Melbourne’s attitude towards women.

“We take offence and are upset by the suggestion that the creation of this video is a direct line to this club being disrespectful of women or any other groups within the community,” he said.

“We pride ourselves on being an inclusive club. Most of our employees are female and many volunteers who come to this club are female. That in itself is a measure of our commitment to being an inclusive community club.”

“This club has got a 140-year history of being a community club and very inclusive. I think the facts speak for themselves. We have many women who work in this organisation if we were the sort of club that is being portrayed then I don’t think that would stand up.”

Arocca said he hoped players would learn to be careful when revealing information on the Internet.

“We have to respect the personal space of players. I’m personally against Facebook being used by the players,” he said.

“We’ll reinforce that message and it is something the AFLPA needs to address also. I think this has been a good, sobering reminder about how dangerous Facebook can be seen to be in certain circumstances.”

Can't even believe such claims are out there. People need to cast their minds back to the Sam Newman saga last season and JB was number 1 against Sam. We probally have more women employed in our club than any other. Just absurb claims and deserve to be ridiculed to the ground.

Its a chicken you diehard. Not a person. How can anyone be so hungry?
I think you'll find the chicken is more than just a chicken PrinceDaniel.

Okay, rocking up calling people f***wits ain't smart, but there are some valid points, if you understand what the chicken and chicken acts represent. And, of course, to some people it will always be just a chicken.

Now, how's about we all calm down and treat each other with a bit of respect? Or lock the thread before it gets (more) out of control?

But Arocca bristled at suggestions the video was representative of North Melbourne’s attitude towards women.

“We take offence and are upset by the suggestion that the creation of this video is a direct line to this club being disrespectful of women or any other groups within the community,” he said.

"When Eugene says all the right things, I...

jizz1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back