Speculation Rory Lobb [OOC 2026]

Remove this Banner Ad

North wont want Rory.
I think they need a tall forward who can pinch hit in the ruck like 3 years ago. They cant just wait for one to grow on a tree magically. I mean right now they got Toby Pink playing that role. A FB on a 1 year deal..

Much better to just get one for a token pick, salary cap space you have nothing to use on and have Larkey and Xerri some much needed help then to draft another bean pole and hope he works out in

Reckon he'd be best suited to Collingwood.

Most of their goal-kickers are mediums and smalls anyway, so all they'd really need is a big body to make a contest. Lobb wouldn't have the pressure to take tons of marks and kick bags of goals himself, just compete and bring it to ground for the mosquito fleet.

why do supporters of clubs with terrible list managers inevitably end up projecting their emotions onto colin young

Well go on the dockers board and ask about their Honest opinions on Colin Young.

Remember when Freo played finals in 2022 and a few blokes were traded off?

Lobb, Logue, Acres, Tucker and Meek?

Dead certain Colin Young is at least Manager of 2 of those dockers blokes that were traded off at the end of 2022.

I will bring up a couple of examples.

Griffin Logue: This one was on Freo. At the end of 2021, Logue wanted a 2 year contract extension, even though he was out of contract at the end of 2022. That made sense as that means at the end of 2024, he would be in his 8th year and becomes a free agent.

Dockers did nothing until Half way into the season. It was around that time That Colin Young, Logues manager some how got North Melbourne to offer Logue a 5 year deal at $600-$700,000 a year. Once that was leaked out, it was too late to offer Logue that 2 year extension he wanted at the end of 2021 or early 2022.

Another Example was Brad Hill. He joined the dockers at the end of 2016. He signed a 5 year deal. $2,500,000 dollars over 5 years. I thought it was $500,000 a year for 5 seasons. It was front loaded.

$700,000 a year for years 1 and 2. Which was te 2017 and 2018 seasons

$500,000 a year for year 3. Which was 2019

$300,000 a year for years 4 and 5. Had he stayed in 2020 and 2021.

Colin Young some how got the Saints to hand Brad Hill a 5 year deal at $900,000 a year.

Saints did a massive trade and got Brad Hill in the end.

I was hoping to get this dude to north but since the debut of teake, he is a pass...

Poor attitude and inconcistent output.

I was hoping to get this dude to north but since the debut of teake, he is a pass...

Poor attitude and inconcistent output.

Lol so you were hoping to get him but 2 weeks later he is damaged goods despite putting in one ripper performance in that time…

All because some bog average mature rookie has had a couple below standard matches…

Peak BF

Lol so you were hoping to get him but 2 weeks later he is damaged goods despite putting in one ripper performance in that time…

All because some bog average mature rookie has had a couple below standard matches…

Peak BF

Ummm yes, lobb is 31, average, fires once every ten games. Pass mate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well im sorry, free market dictates how much in demand a player is...

Hilarious timeline however you try to spin it

ChairmanZia wants Lobb at North

Lobb plays great with 20 touches and 3 goals

Superstar mid season draftee Brynn Teakle plays a couple bog average matches

Lobb is damaged goods do not want

Hilarious timeline however you try to spin it

ChairmanZia wants Lobb at North

Lobb plays great with 20 touches and 3 goals

Superstar mid season draftee Brynn Teakle plays a couple bog average matches

Lobb is damaged goods do not want

Salty

Last two weeks have proved he is very much capable of still producing good quality AFL football. Based on Bevo’s presser, it seems we will persist with Lobb in defence pending matchups.

I’m definitely preferring to keep him. If he has the ability to play as a passable intercept key defender, then he is invaluable as a backup in 3 different key positions.

North don’t need him, they have Brynn Teakle pulling his jumper after kicking a goal despite only getting to Arden St yesterday.

Last two weeks have proved he is very much capable of still producing good quality AFL football. Based on Bevo’s presser, it seems we will persist with Lobb in defence pending matchups.

I’m definitely preferring to keep him. If he has the ability to play as a passable intercept key defender, then he is invaluable as a backup in 3 different key positions.

If he is OK in defence I think the Dogs might as well keep him. Didn't see the game yesterday.

If he is OK in defence I think the Dogs might as well keep him. Didn't see the game yesterday.
They’ll need KPD stock. Jones is 34 next year and after him there’s sweet FA for experienced defenders.

That said, Lobb wil need to show a greater body of work at playing down back against a better forward line. The Port Adelaide game will be a better indication.

Shouldn't have left Freo if he wanted to learn how to play back. The club has a proven track record turning forwards into backs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back