Speculation Rory Lobb [OOC 2026]

Remove this Banner Ad

Lobb is just the type of player Melbourne likes to pick up to fix their forward line, so I've no doubt it'll happen.

Personally, I'd prefer to have no talls on my list than recruit Lobb.

Lobb is just the type of player Melbourne likes to pick up to fix their forward line, so I've no doubt it'll happen.

Personally, I'd prefer to have no talls on my list than recruit Lobb.

You reckon? When Daniher no showed against us in the SF at the Gabba in 2021 and your next best option was Tom Fullarton it didn’t end so well for your lads. Something to be said for competent talls.

You reckon? When Daniher no showed against us in the SF at the Gabba in 2021 and your next best option was Tom Fullarton it didn’t end so well for your lads. Something to be said for competent talls.

Using one game to comparison against Lobb's career is truly good stuff. Daniher has been excellent for the Lions.

Of course he would. A lot of people don’t want to admit it (and trust me, I completely understand why) but he’d be best 22 in a lot of sides.
There are arguably less than 10 players in total in the league - that need to be divided across 18 teams - that are more than a pinch-hitting ruck, but are still a key forward first, and is still good enough to be an AFL-quality best 22 player (even if on the fringe, which we all agree Lobb may be). It's just that the Dogs and Swans (with McLean/Amartey) are the only teams that have a player like that, that has two. And Dogs have two other key forwards that don't ruck that other teams don't have, either.

Using one game to comparison against Lobb's career is truly good stuff. Daniher has been excellent for the Lions.

Pretty important game to lose on your home deck in large part because your one decent tall forward was awful and not helped by your other being a dud we didn’t have to worry about. But you’d “prefer to have no talls on my list”… lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Back