Ross Lyon has quit the StKilda Football Club

Remove this Banner Ad

I hope Lyon never coaches a Flag

I share that very sentiment.

Shattered at the happenings of this evening.. Clearly FORTIOUS QUO FIDELIUS only remains for the fans.

Lyon is a dog and I tell you what, he is lucky that he isn't stepping foot anywhere near St Kilda again.. You just wait until we play Freo next year.

Furious not because he has left, but because of the way he has gone about it. Spouting words about committment, desire, hunger and effort to the players only to piss all over it and leave without telling a soul!

Gutless, Worthless, Heartless.

Once all this settles down, as has been pointed out throughout these pages the club will move on. It could be a blessing in disguise, or he could've set our list back 5-10years.

It is crucial that we all stick by our club, even if some people dont.

I for one will be renewing my Social Club membership again.

FORTIOUS QUO FIDELIUS

and remember

THE CLUB IS BIGGER THEN THE INDIVIDUAL

Great post, you can damn sure believe me when I say I'll still be with St. Kilda in the future too.

I can take him leaving..... but to do it like this is so slimey. I really am thankful I have the BF Saints board to vent out my frustrations. I also found this song that sums up Ro$$co quite well, enjoy. :)

[YOUTUBE]Vm4TG56KGZ4[/YOUTUBE]

memo Ross when you play on the railway tracks expect the Karma Train to arrive soon

You said it. :thumbsu:

That means he didn't tell the players then. Refer to my sig.

Great sig, there saintsrfreak I'm thinking of what my new one will be.....

The players, the club and the supporters all found out about this at the same ****ing time! Unbelievable.

This all makes me think of Pagan's defection to Carlton from the Kangas. Or Wallace's defection from the Doggies to the Tiges.

Some might be surprised, but I actually believe in Karma - Karma is just that there is something Cosmic that gives you the consequences of your actions.

If so, Lyon is about to be hit with Karmaggedon.

Im so pissed at that dog **** its not funny!!! Our list is ****ed because of him and its pretty obvious he kept topping up with spuds so he can win a flag for his own resume! Selfish dog inherited one of the best lists in the comp and FAILED to do anything with it. **** this second place shit people give him credit for!!! He turned the club and the supporters on Luke Ball and let him leave for donuts and IMO ultimately cost us the 2010 flag. He traded for Lovett and cost the club a 1st round draft pick, 1mill or there abouts and a whole lot of respect from the footy public. This mercanary dog of a bloke has walked out cos he's PISS WEAK to face up to his **** ups and get them fixed. I hope he fails miserably cos people with dog act intentions dont deserve to succeed

Apparently it was actualy Lyon's management that contacted Freo about a month ago, he ha obviously targeted a ready made list

The man is a DOG and I hope Freo turns to shit

Can you guys sue Fremantle for inciting Lyon to break his contract, or does that not fly because (it appears...?) he approached the Dockers?

Apparently it was actualy Lyon's management that contacted Freo about a month ago, he ha obviously targeted a ready made list

The man is a DOG and I hope Freo turns to shit

I'm probably wrong but thought on the footy show they said Ross' management has dropped him cause he didn't consult with them on this?

poor Saints, I rate Lyon the second best coach in the league.

Yeah but his coaching style is terrible….. I hated watching Saints games since he took over and still do!!! Now will I hate watching Freo play???? I’m sure I will….

A couple of days ago, when the rumours of the Melbourne deal were abounding and SEN reported Ross and the playing group were out to lunch in Beaumaris, I was sure he was gone. You don't take players out for a private lunch to say "OK, see you tomorrow", so I was convinced. That was two days ago!

Then the reports came in that the message over lunch was, "I'm staying". Saints supporters littered Twitter with #inrosswetrust and other general expressions of relief. I was content to stop following the 'Potential Coach Replacements' thread as we'd secured our man. I feel stupid now.

Ross is a good coach, but if he no longer has the desire or the inclination to coach our list, then fine, go to Freo. They're lucky to get him, IMO. But if his heart ain't in it, I don't want him at the Saints just going through the motions!

And that isn't even what I'm actually most upset about. There are three other coachless clubs in the league right now, that have been making calls, crunching numbers and formulating proposals for potential coaches for weeks! This stunt that Lyon has pulled has disadvantaged us greater than any of the other clubs in the coach race; in that until 5:00pm today, we weren't even looking for a coach!

I vote Malthouse; as much as it pains me to say it. We had the second best coach in the league; Mick is the first. Unlike Ross, he doesn't play favourites with the best 22. He took our forward pressure (which we stole from the Swans) and transformed it into the press. The guy may be a c*nt, but maybe that's what we need. I think we'll benefit hugely from a bit of ruthlessness at selection, and bit of a rev up from a training perspective.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I could never advocate us going after Malthouse. Sure he is touted as the 'best coach' but he is also the coach of the richest club who have the $$ to spend basically an unlimited amount on their footy department.

On top of this where would a Malthouse appointment leave Milne? Whenever Malthouse has called a St Kilda game for SEN he will not even mention Milne. Last week he was on The Game Plan and they had a segment on Milney. . . Malthouses silence was deafening.

Im kinda over it now.

TBH, was kinda wishing the season would just end all year. I was bored, and lost interest. Ross' style was excellent when we were winning, but it was getting a bit tedious this year. Maybe cause im so interested in young players and the future, and that just wasn't happening. I found that our games weren't enjoyable, i had more fun watching in 04/05. It felt almost like a chore. And I KNOW im not the only one who thinks this. Crowd numbers will back me up.

An attacking coach will do us good. Fresh start, guys like Walsh, Siposs, Cripps, Ledger, Stanley, Crocker, Winmar, Simpkin, Lynch will finally get decent goes at it. It will be exciting to watch. Would rather lose matches with this lot playing, than the deadwood we've been carrying.

BTW watch us smash our membership record next year.

I feel stupid now.

We were all duped. Hook, line and sinker.

I vote Malthouse; as much as it pains me to say it. We had the second best coach in the league; Mick is the first. Unlike Ross, he doesn't play favourites with the best 22. He took our forward pressure (which we stole from the Swans) and transformed it into the press. The guy may be a c*nt, but maybe that's what we need. I think we'll benefit hugely from a bit of ruthlessness at selection, and bit of a rev up from a training perspective.

No deal!!!

That man is scum, plus he would cut Milney from the list because MM is a c**t. :)

Im kinda over it now.

TBH, was kinda wishing the season would just end all year. I was bored, and lost interest. Ross' style was excellent when we were winning, but it was getting a bit tedious this year. Maybe cause im so interested in young players and the future, and that just wasn't happening. I found that our games weren't enjoyable, i had more fun watching in 04/05. It felt almost like a chore. And I KNOW im not the only one who thinks this. Crowd numbers will back me up.

An attacking coach will do us good. Fresh start, guys like Walsh, Siposs, Cripps, Ledger, Stanley, Crocker, Winmar, Simpkin, Lynch will finally get decent goes at it.

It will be exciting to watch.

BTW watch us smash our membership record next year.

True, hope we actually see some kids next year...wonder if this played a role in why we saw none after Round 15ish? Thank **** Jack and Macca made their moves early on in the season.

Master troll with Lynch...

And I do hope we can do well with membership next year. It's gonna go one of two ways anyway...

"Second of all, I reckon this is possibly a good thing for St. Kilda as they needed a coach who can look from a different perspective and freshen up the list, which I feel Lyon wouldn't have been able to do. Also it's better for St. Kilda to have a coach that has his heart at the club & is ready to stick with the club through the thick and thin, than someone who's just looking for some premiership glory and will back stab his own club at a chance to win it.[/quote]

Agree with this. From a opposition perspective, apart from the initial turmoil, I think this will be good for the club. If you are happy with your efforts over the past years, then so be it but I think a new direction is what is needed for the Saints. I agree totally with what Warnie had to say to TFS tonight that "Saints needed to develop a more attacking game plan and kick a winning score of 18 goals rather than 8". I just couldn't see Lyon taking the Saints any further, a new coach can provide the impudence you need and develop the side further.

Roos would be an excellent acquisition, no doubt... he was on SEN this morning saying that he has no interest in coaching the teams who currently have vacancies, but I guess that was prior to this particular shitstorm occurring. Also worth noting that coaches are not always honest about their career choices... although instinctively I feel that Roos is a pretty honest bloke.

St. Kilda is a very charismatic club, speaking as an opposition supporter. Something is ALWAYS on the go. Won't be long before you are excited about a new coach. We are currently thrilled to have Chris Scott, whose strengths are everything Bomber lacked.. He can speak, he thinks before he speaks, he believes in Plan B and C, and implements them. We may not win a flag for some time, or it could be 2011, but the point is, get the right guy, and Ross Lyon will be out of sight, out of mind.

We appreciate to a large extent how you feel, but at least you haven't lost your best player. Coaches are out there, it's pretty exciting. Personally, IMO, Lyon made Saints footy too similar to that boring Swans style of play so hopefully Roos doesn't get the nod. But I suspect it will be Roos, too good a challenge to turn down. And he can coach, no doubt.

Roos would be an excellent acquisition, no doubt... he was on SEN this morning saying that he has no interest in coaching the teams who currently have vacancies, but I guess that was prior to this particular shitstorm occurring. Also worth noting that coaches are not always honest about their career choices... although instinctively I feel that Roos is a pretty honest bloke.

Bomber Thompson & Ross Lyon seemed like honest blokes aswell :mad::mad:

oh and i do think Roos would be perfect for us... Somehow make it happen Saints :thumbsu::thumbsu:

Im so pissed at that dog **** its not funny!!! Our list is ****ed because of him and its pretty obvious he kept topping up with spuds so he can win a flag for his own resume! Selfish dog inherited one of the best lists in the comp and FAILED to do anything with it. **** this second place shit people give him credit for!!! He turned the club and the supporters on Luke Ball and let him leave for donuts and IMO ultimately cost us the 2010 flag. He traded for Lovett and cost the club a 1st round draft pick, 1mill or there abouts and a whole lot of respect from the footy public. This mercanary dog of a bloke has walked out cos he's PISS WEAK to face up to his **** ups and get them fixed. I hope he fails miserably cos people with dog act intentions dont deserve to succeed
Be fair though Dal, those 'spuds' got you to within a kick in back to back Grand Finals, no toe-poke or a lucky bounce and despite the way he elft we could all be saying, it's bullshit but at least he got us the flag.
It's not like you sat around 9th topping up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Ross Lyon has quit the StKilda Football Club

Remove this Banner Ad

Back