Ross Lyon has quit the StKilda Football Club

Remove this Banner Ad

Get over it. People look for new jobs while at current jobs. He obviously wanted out. Well done to Lyon and Freo.

Thanks ******* but we'll decide how we deal with it. Don't you have some choking to do?

Re Lyon, shocked last night then slept like a baby. Don't care at all now as we've got an opportunity. WTF was that 8 players behind the ball shit on Saturday night? Against Sydney of all teams.

We will go down now and probably trade some of our regulars to get some youth but I know I'll be buying two memberships next year instead of one. We've come so far so let's keep moving forward.

Get over it. People look for new jobs while at current jobs. He obviously wanted out. Well done to Lyon and Freo.

True but management level staff who while telling their people to commit 110% to the organisation, then go behind the back of their employer to talk to a competitor are regarded as people with a lack of integrity. They may well get other jobs, but nobody ever trusts them again.

Saints have attacking players stifled by their game plan .
I hate to say this but Eade is an attacking coach and would suit the Saints players unlike Lyon.
The Saints could turn this leaving of Lyon into a positive.
Fremantle on the other hand have attacking players but now they have a negative coach .
Saints win ---- Freo lose.

Oh yeah, there's half a chance that Lyon will start off by ineffectively putting numbers back, ensuring that Freo kick less score, while at the same time the players, unfamiliar with the game plan will leak goals.
The Saints were pretty lucky that they had a very strong backline when Lyon first came to the club. I wouldnt expect big things for Freo next year.

I do wonder if Lyon could have taken that playing group any further. It's not that disimilar to Bomber & Geelong, and so far that's going ok for uis!

I hope the same happens for your guys, new coach, injection of enthusiasm and change the game plan . And, IMO, Reiwoldt on to the wing. All the best for 2012 and beyond.

I do wonder if Lyon could have taken that playing group any further. It's not that disimilar to Bomber & Geelong, and so far that's going ok for uis!

I hope the same happens for your guys, new coach, injection of enthusiasm and change the game plan . And, IMO, Reiwoldt on to the wing. All the best for 2012 and beyond.

That was one of the problems with Ross ( he was good but not the messiah ). There would be problems, we'd all know it wasnt working, but he would persist until everyone invloved was totally frustrated.

I said here before that St K desperately need a change so I know it hurts now it will make sence in the end.

Freo IMHO were stupid to get rid of Harvey....destined to make to 4 when they are r*ped with injury most being unavoidable. I feel for you guys and the players must be thinking WTF??? I really feel for Mark Harvey and if no club wants him as a senior coach (hopefully you have one club that sees what he can bring) they should have him in as a complement to a Burns/Neale or dare I say it Rob Harvey :D

Chin up - this is a start of a better day for the Saints

Seriously..... I can understand why Lyon made his decision, he is sick of parenting immature players! Not only that, the board should have secured his signature months ago, however they only offered him an extra 2 years!

Good on you Ross, go to a club who is going to look after you and have future success!

St.Kilda......well hopefully one day you will grow up!

I wonder how Luke Ball is feeling now?

Seriously..... I can understand why Lyon made his decision, he is sick of parenting immature players! Not only that, the board should have secured his signature months ago, however they only offered him an extra 2 years!

Good on you Ross, go to a club who is going to look after you and have future success!

Oh get a clue.

Lyon is free to leave. The nature in which he has conducted himself is what is appalling.

Or multiple millions.

you are a toss bag.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even Demetriou has criticised Lyon, from the CEO of the AFL this is quite savage.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...ce-sacked-harvey/story-e6frf9jf-1226138146342

"I think people are entitled to ask questions about issues of commitment (and) integrity,"

"I'm not privy to all of the inside conversation … but we can probably read something into Craig Kelly in terminating their agreement."

"I think Craig and Elite Sport Properties are pretty honourable … so they were pretty surprised as well."

that if any coach expected commitment of their players and expected them to follow certain values … if they didn't act in same way, "it sort of reeks of hypocrisy".

yep. Considering his character (now) and with hindsight, acts like bringing the players into a huddle after the game (I don't think he ever did this, everything was always "private" "confidential"), and comments of "end of an era" suggest to me he may have wanted the rumours to start circling.

Just watched the press conference. They managed to avoid taking any pot shots at Lyon and his integrity like Demetriou did earlier today. I would've liked to have seen some true disappointed in their answers to the questions instead of the stock standard ones repeatedly given.

Just watched the press conference. They managed to avoid taking any pot shots at Lyon and his integrity like Demetriou did earlier today. I would've liked to have seen some true disappointed in their answers to the questions instead of the stock standard ones repeatedly given.

Thinking about it, this is by far the best thing to do.

Everyone is portraying Lyon as the bad guy. They don't need our CEO and President losing their shit over it for news to get out how shit a bloke Ross Lyon is.

They keep their cool, make nothing news worthy. And everything will be about Ross.

Thinking about it, this is by far the best thing to do.

Everyone is portraying Lyon as the bad guy. They don't need our CEO and President losing their shit over it for news to get out how shit a bloke Ross Lyon is.

They keep their cool, make nothing news worthy. And everything will be about Ross.

I suppose this is true. We don't need St.Kilda in the headlines more than it will already be. A quiet off-season would be nice.

They batted quite a few questions off to Ross and Fremantle, hopefully Ross cops it hard from the media and he faces up to it. I seriously doubt Ross will come back for the B&F, even though the invitation is out there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Ross Lyon has quit the StKilda Football Club

Remove this Banner Ad

Back