Ross Lyon has quit the StKilda Football Club

Remove this Banner Ad

i thought he must have been leaving after his "end of an era" press conference on the weekend ... he was "too honest" for someone who was planning on being there next season!

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

5 years, $7.5 million

I remember when Blight was sacked, I was devastated, I rang SEN and said, ''who else is there to coach us, we are gone as a club'. Little was I to know that we would play finals every year bar two after that, including the 3 Grand Finals. Things happen for a reason, we need to rebuild and go again in 2 years, look at West Coast!!! Next year is the greatest draft since 2001, we need to position ourselves for some great new talent.

Pelchen has been at 2 clubs and built 2 flags, no reason why he wont do the same for us.

Lets move on, today is a new day, exciting times ahead, a new coach, new sponsors, a new Rooey knee….

I can't see Roos going to the Saints. Very good friends with Lyon, and don't he would be a good fit with the way that this shit has gone down.

Could Ross Lyon have intended the debacle with stating that those four players had retired, or is that off the mark?

Wouldn't surprise me and couldn't blame him...

If he's going to I just hope he does it this year. We'll get so much more from him.

Just to add speculation to this, Goddard is also managed by ESP, so prepare thine hats of foil!

Anywho, media being what they are, Mistah Bawwet on the homo show insinuated that the Pelchen appointment was the nail in the coffin as Ross "did not like" the fact that there were an individual at the club that leapfrogged him in seniority. Given what we know now;

1. Speculation of a Melbourne bid for Lyons services came at the mid year point with Baileys sacking, this coincided with the Pelchen appointment (Jul)

2. Bawwets speculation of a rift culminating between the Pelchen appointment and Ross would have some timeline merit (despite being entirely presumptive) as 5-6 weeks prior to now indicates an early August / late July effort.

3. Craig Hutchy was wearing black in his cross to TFS from the St Kilda premises, reporting from notes he wrote down and his smart phone (for a minute there I thought his genitals had decided it had been shunned too much, gained sentience and was filling Hutchy in on this news story, considering it seems to be closer to his brain and all), so no doubt was bin scabbing under the cover of darkness ninja style. Then stumbled on Nettles still in his office so was probably chased off by security when he tried to expose by mooning the window and pulling an Ace Ventura.

Every list needs 3 things.. obviously I was struggling a tad to fill it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

very very shabby effort by both Llyon and Freo .....they will have zero respect in the Footy world after these shenannigans.

Go for Malthouse ..then at least you can turn a negative into a positive .

people said the same about Mark Thompson, the world moves fast these days and the attention will eventually go onto someone else and so on...

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

5 years, $7.5 million

I remember when Blight was sacked, I was devastated, I rang SEN and said, ''who else is there to coach us, we are gone as a club'. Little was I to know that we would play finals every year bar two after that, including the 3 Grand Finals. Things happen for a reason, we need to rebuild and go again in 2 years, look at West Coast!!! Next year is the greatest draft since 2001, we need to position ourselves for some great new talent.

Pelchen has been at 2 clubs and built 2 flags, no reason why he wont do the same for us.

Lets move on, today is a new day, exciting times ahead, a new coach, new sponsors, a new Rooey knee….

Is any coach worth $7.5 million? How about the recruiters, medical team, assistant coaches that are crucial to a team? Fremantle continue with poor decisions that have plagued their club since their inception. Not sure what they expected Harvey to do with all of the injuries they had.

start afresh sainters get rid of a few players as well f### all of the coulda woulda shouda stuff and just rebuild from the ground up
:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu: Couldn't agree more. Saints have at least 4-5 years of re-building ahead minimum before they will be top 4 again. Thinking a new coach will suddenly wave a magic wand is pie in sky, however, could be around lower reaches of the 8 for another season or two and play with more flair in the process. But as far as being a serious contender goes, 2016+. Given that scenario, forget Roos, Eade, Malthouse - think Sanderson, Cameron or Matty Knights might be your man

Not exactly the club I'd be going to for advice on successful rebuilding.
I think Magnet is only stating the bleeding obvious actually, but anyway, please offer your short-term top up advice (which will only IMO add years to the re-build) and how about we bookmark it and have another chat in 2-3 years time?

****ing piece of ****ing shit **** lying weak dog prick arseh*le **** whore. karma's coming, rossy.

End of an era...

****ing oath it is!!!

I guess the old saying is true, when the going gets tough, **** off to Perth like a soft ****.

Disgusting act by Lyon, wouldn't have been viewed as horribly if he stated 6 weeks ago that he was also "looking at other options". Don't worry Sainter's, surely there'll be blood to spill at subi next season.

For what its worth Gerard Whately gave him a big bake last night on Fox.
It seems to me this is the general feeling around the AFL community(except in Fremantle of course).
The Freo presser will be very interesting to say the least, I think both Ross Lyon and Fremantle FC have ballsed this up.
Lets see what they both have to say before we pelt them with eggs.

Saints have attacking players stifled by their game plan .
I hate to say this but Eade is an attacking coach and would suit the Saints players unlike Lyon.
The Saints could turn this leaving of Lyon into a positive.
Fremantle on the other hand have attacking players but now they have a negative coach .
Saints win ---- Freo lose.

Wouldn't worry to much about it guys, if that's the kind of bloke he is then you're better off without him, negotiating terms with another club whilst preparing for a finals series and still being under contract himself shows a complete lack of integrity, Freo can lick balls as well, what a truely pathetic football club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Ross Lyon has quit the StKilda Football Club

Remove this Banner Ad

Back